“Perfect Spot @ Paradise Island”

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This resort was the perfect spot to stay in the Bahamas for my wife and I, great, clean and comfortable rooms at an amazing price with access to the amazing Atlantis resort without breaking the bank. I would have enjoyed seeing more variety of fruits at the complimentary breakfasts like berries or mango vs just apples & oranges but overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone and every one! The walk to atlantis was short, the staff here are above and beyond friendly and genuinely happy! Can't say enough good things about this place!

2  Thank bmcand5510
Write a ReviewReviews (2,672)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Nice alternative to the main resort. It is right across the street and you get a free pass to the casino and water park. Decent breakfast included. Very clean and modern. I would stay again. Nice friendly staff.

Room Tip: Very large and long hallways. Ask for a room in the hall leading to the casino if that is where you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Corrielee65
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I attended a conference on Blue Lagoon Island and we stayed at the Comfort Suites. This place isn’t luxurious or anything, but it was more than adequate. My room had a bathroom and separate sink area with hair dryer. In the room there was a small refrigerator that came in handy when I had leftover pizza from Anthony’s (which is a very short walk away). I had a king sized bed, which was comfortable, except for the sheets which were not of the quality one is accustomed to in the States. They weren’t horrible or anything…just noticeably not as soft. I also had a little seating area with loveseat and coffee table and desk, which was very convenient as I was there for a conference and didn’t want to always be spreading my papers out on the bed. Speaking of working, there is free and very reliable Wi-Fi.

The hotel is very close to Atlantis and CS guests get free access. I’ve seen a number of folks on Trip Advisor mention that they asked for and received a room as close to Atlantis as possible so as to have a shorter walk in the mornings, but having been there I find this a little odd as the hotel just isn’t that big. So I can’t imagine that a room farther away from Atlantis would involve any more than an additional five minutes. But whatever. Everything was very quiet. One bad thing is this—they did not seem to have their wake-up call system working well. The first night I ordered a wake-up call by using the automated system on the phone (there is a button for messages and wake up calls and you key in the time). Wake up call came as expected no problem. Set it again the next night, and it didn’t come in the morning. Everyone in my group was talking about the wake up call situation. Apparently some of us were using the automated feature on the phone and some of us were calling down to the front desk and asking for a wake up call and everyone had trouble getting one at one time or another—neither system seemed to be dependable. Like I said, the automated way worked for me the first night and failed the second night. From there on I called to the front desk for my wake up calls and I think that worked for the rest of the trip (for me, anyway).

The breakfasts are very convenient and on the good end of adequate, if that makes sense. Boiled eggs; scrambled eggs; sausage; sometimes bacon; bread for toast (mmmm, coconut bread); pastries; bagels; juices; cereal; apples, oranges and on some days bananas; etc. So the breakfast is definitely fine (although I found the coffee to be almost undrinkable and I’m no coffee snob). Starbucks is only a walk away for those of you who need it. Don’t be fooled by the signs pointing to the “Restaurant” – that is where breakfast is served but that’s it, there is no restaurant serving lunch, dinner, etc. Swim up bar at the pool was sometimes open, sometimes not.

A friend and I got in the pool a couple of time in the early evening and we were the only ones in it. It was also vacant during the day. I guess everyone interested in a pool is over at Atlantis. The bartender was super nice. Drinks are expensive as hell so just be aware of that. My friend had a few too many and bought drinks for a couple of people and then she was shocked by the $80 bar tab.

One feature that must be incredibly convenient for families is a coin operated laundry room. I used it, and it was great. They sell little packets of soap but it is expensive so if you are coming with little ones and know you will be doing several loads of laundry while there you might throw some powder into a baggie and bring it. A friend used the hotel’s laundry service and that didn’t work out as well. She got back everything but her underwear. Several pairs. We had a good laugh about it, but I’m sure it inconvenienced her.

Folks at the front desk were always helpful and knew their stuff. They made me a reservation at one of the fancier Atlantis restaurants at the last minute.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank fand
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful experience. I loved the hotel but the warm and friendly staff made this trip a 5 star in my book. They would bend over backward for any and everything you needed. I am going back not only for this great location of a hotel but for the Best Staff and most dedicated people i have ever met.

Room Tip: Loved having a pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I don't want to repeat what other reviewers have already said, so I'll just summarize my experience:
1. The rooms are clean and nice.
2. Free breakfast was simple, but adequate.
3. I wouldn't call the personnel especially friendly - they were business-like friendly which was fine with me.
4. The pool is small and was not very clean, lots of hair at the bottom.
5. The big advantage of the hotel is proximity to Atlantis. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the place where you get your daily passes to Atlantis.
6. Definitely try Quiznoz (sandwich place) at the Marina Mall. Their sandwiches are terrfic.
7. Twin Brothers and other shacks (restaurants at the end of the bridge - about 15 minutes walk) are closed on Mondays, so plan accordingly. At Twin Brothers try grilled snapper - do not order grilled salmon or cracked lobster, the portions are tiny. Try Kalik - a local beer.
8. Bristol Liquor store (across from the hotel) closes at 6 pm !
9. If you decide to go to Viola's restaurant, do not take a cab - it's only a 5 minutes walk from the hotel - ask them for directions.
10. At the water park DO NOT miss 3 water slides at the Rapids River (you have to swim right at the fork to get to the slides) - they are fantastic ! Try all three, they are not as scary as might seem.
11. Go see free movies at Atlantis - it's lots of fun.
Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank Greg T
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is great. All the Atlantis fun without the high room prices. Plus free breakfast!

Located right next to Atlantis with an easy walk to all the fun also right across street from Marina Village. Perfect Location. Room was very spacious with little kitchen area with fridge, cupboard, coffee maker, glasses. Nice living room area with couch, coffee table, and desk. Sliding door with view. Spacious bathroom with blow dryer. Spotlessly clean.

Everyone was friendly and helpful and eager to please. Large king size bed. Only draw backs I could see were air conditioner was a bit noisy, but I slept ok with it on. Also bed is firm (which I liked), but pillows were kind of sucky (my personal taste though).

Asked for room close to Atlantis and was given one. Was on 3rd floor with corner view of pool, and easy out the door access to breakfast area and right to the street for Atlantis (right across from hotel). Ask for a room at this end otherwise you will have to walk through the hotel a ways. We had room 318 and it was nice, though not a direct view over pool - however was in corner and quiet and very close to stairs to go to pool and breakfast.

Breakfast was adequate with multiple choices. Some hot dishes such as scrambled eggs and sausage, different pastries, waffles to toast up, cereal, juices, coffee, apples, bananas, bagels, hard boiled eggs. Also served lunch. We had burgers and fries/onion rings one afternoon and for $10 was a good deal compared to everywhere else ($15 anywhere else pretty much).

Be advised you have to go to Atlantis each day to get your daily wrist band, but we found this to be no big deal at all since we were going that way to the pools, etc. anyhow.

I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for room at end of hotel closest to Atlantis!
5  Thank wemjam
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We are so happy that we stayed at the Comfort Suites last week. All of the staff at the hotel were wonderful and so helpful when you wanted information or directions. Our room was a perfect location only 2 rooms from the door to Atlantis and just around the corner from the door to the pool and breakfast. Our room was spacious and had a very comfortable king sized bed. And what's not to like about having a refrigerator and free wi fi. I loved the pool as you were not packed in like you were at Atlantis, and the breakfast was excellent. So many choices and everything was fresh. Staying here was not about money, it was about comfort. And that is what we had. Walking to Marina Village and the little shopping mall across the street were a piece of cake. And the harbor boat was a short walk. Much easier than had we stayed at Atlantis. Atlantis is beautiful, but I would stay at the Comfort Suites in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I don't know if any room wouldn't be a good room.
4  Thank Linda S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!