“Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Brooklin, Canada
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We just got back from our vacation in this hotel. I read the tripadvisor reviews before going including a couple which mentioned dingy rooms and moldy smells and noise. There were two portions of the hotel that we walked through that had a moldy smell in the hallway. One is on the ground floor leading between the pool and the Atlantis exit/entrance, the other is in the hallway to the left of the front desk (I actuallly don't think there are any rooms in this hall - just offices). But this is a pretty big hotel. I would agree with posters who recommend avoiding the hallway used by people to get to Atlantis.

Overall I was pleased with our stay at this hotel. The staff were great. The bartenders at the pool bar are fun and they make the best pina colada on the island. The rooms and common areas of the hotel are very clean and well kept.

We stayed in rooms 277 and 279. The view was nothing to write home about (a service entrance and another wing of the hotel) but the rooms were large with a separate sitting area, they were clean (no smell) and quiet. I am pretty sure these rooms had not been recently updated so the updated rooms must be nicer. But these rooms were great. The beds were very comfortable for sleeping. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

We took two rooms, one adjoinging for our 3 kids. We asked for a pool view, but were told there are no adjoining rooms in this area. Getting a higher floor may give you a better view. Alternatively you could get a room on the other side of this wing which would give you a view onto the entrance and road - you may have a little more noise but it is a pretty quiet road.

There is free breakfast daily which includes hot dishes like sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs. We ate there every morning. It's handy. The access to Atlantis is great. It was a hike to get a bracelet, but it was on the way to the rides so you have to walk that way anyway, I don't really see this as an issue. Everyone has to have a bracelet, even Atlantis guests although they can get theirs from any towel hut by showing a room key. The Comfort Suites is probably closer to parts of the Atlantis resort than some of the Atlantis hotels.

Beach access is either through the Atlantis OR about a 10 minute walk to a public beach access next to the RIU hotel or I think you can get through at Viola's Bar & Grill. Comfort Suites is very close to restaurants and shops at Marina Village of Atlantis, also close to a strip plaza with Anthony's Restaurant and some shops and banks. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Ferry Terminal which is where you would catch your excursions as well as the water taxi into Nassau.

Room Tip: Avoid hall between pool and Atlantis door.
1 Thank jdd9140

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Greek first
Canandaigua, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel was amazing! The hotel was modern and clean! It had everything we wanted. A pool with a swim up bar. A view. A delicious restaurant on site. Walking Distance to The Marina and to The Atlantis and to town. Getting a taxi was easy breezy to go into Nausau. We received a first class hotel and if was VERY affordable!!

Room Tip: Our room faced out toward the pool!! It was soo great !!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnieR1979
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed during march break and our family of 5 had a great time. If you have 5 people you will need to book two rooms. This worked well for us. The access to Atlantis was great and included in the cost. We paid the housekeeping and energy extras for the 3 adults that we had. You pay for those over 16 years of age. This wasn't too bad. The breakfast was good. Perhaps it could have had a little change after a few days like danishes, donuts or different kinds of muffins. We would have liked a little more different fruits like water melon, cantaloupe pineapple instead of just oranges, bananas and apples. Overall the breakfast was okay The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. A nice staff works there.

1 Thank OntarioTina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife & almost 2 year old daughter.
Pros:given access to atlantis. Conveniently located across street from Atlantis. Not as expensive as Atlantis. Free hot breakfast. Decent size room.
Cons: has a musty, mildew odor while walking through the hallways. Hotel is kind of dated, and any sort of renovation here appeared to be like applying a bandaid to address the issues. You have to pay to use the room safe. Low water pressure. Water goes from hot to cold on its own while showering.
We were given a room at the other end of the hotel away from the front desk. Not all that bad, but was quite a hike. Upon settling in my room on the ground floor, I notice that the sliding door leading out to the pool is broken. Called front desk to request another room, but they sent a maintenance man, who came within 10 minutes and fixed the door. Told me the door came off the rails. Another day when I was changing my daughters diaper, she points to the ceiling and says "yucky". I look up and see a huge roach. I know, people call them water bugs, but to me those are huge roaches. I had to dispose of it with my slipper.
Front desk asks me if I want to charge any Atlantis meal purchases automatically to my Comfort Suites bill. I agree. When I check my credit card bill on my phone app, I see a pending $300 charge. Ask front desk, they tell me that I will be credited back 7 days after we check out. They put that on your card for Atlantis purchases, which doesn't make sense. Or at least they should have told me first about this. I decided to not even use this option and charge anything to my credit card directly. I just hope that they don't forget to credit back my account.
After walking through Atlantis, it is another level. You pay for it, but I've paid for comparable accommodations for a much better deal.
My note here is about the Bahamas in general. I hear many people chat about their many stays here. I just don't get it. It just doesn't appeal to me to come back again. It's beautiful here and we are glad to have finally visited. But everything is too expensive. Even more expensive than nice restaurants in manhattan, or San Francisco. And you are only getting mediocre food to good food at best for these inflated prices. And almost all places already add on 15% gratuity. Though they do not charge tax, I always feel uncomfortable when I receive the bill and the waiter is waiting for you to sign. There's always a line for tip on the receipt which I always leave blank because it is included already. You give back the bill and always wonder what the waiter is thinking of you. Also in Comfort Suite hotels, service charges are factored into your bill. Do you leave a tip or not? I think all business should place huge signs everywhere as a reminder to customers and service staff that there is no need to leave additional tip as it was already paid for.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Djphez
Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites (second visit) in January of this year. Even though this review is late it comes with much gratitude to this hotel and particularly Chakara, the Switch Board Operator. In essence we were there on business for 3 nights. The Sunday we arrived we all went out for dinner at a highly rated restaurant, which resulted in a serious case of food poisoning for me. From around 3am I was violently ill and unable to leave the hotel to attend the all day meetings we had scheduled for the following day, Monday. Somewhere in the mid morning as I drifted in out of consciousness I found the strength to dial 0, Chakara was on the other end of the phone.

She came to my room and basically took care of me that day, from what she told me and the little I remember she visited every half of an hour, bringing me water and crackers. That day was lost to me it was just a blur. In the evening, when she as going off duty, she came to me and gave me her mobile number and told me to call her at anytime if I needed assistance. Fortunately, I was better the following day albeit very weak and was able to get on with my meetings.

I cannot thank Chakara enough for her care and kindness, hands down she wins Employee of the Year in my book. She went above and way beyond the call of duty and should be commended for it. AsI mentioned earlier, this was my second stay at this hotel, the first visit also resulted in outstanding service from another staff member.

Comfort Suites is the hotel of choice for me, well done to the team there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank bajanwoman
Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this property in December right before Christmas. Our travel agent recommended this property over staying at Atlantis. The rooms were nice (we had three), the staff was always pleasant and accommodating. The value of the rooms, free access to Atlantis, free wi-fi, free breakfast was so much better than the overpriced Atlantis properties. We had all the benefits of Atlantis without the hassle. I left an e-reader in my room the day we left and upon calling the hotel, they located it immediately and using a Fed-Ex number I gave them, shipped it to me. We intend a trip back and will not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deb T
IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

After two months of reading reviews about Comfort Suites and Atlantis in Bahamas, I decided I should put my thoughts in after my stay at CS in March, 2013. I traveled with my 2 girls and my sister, my first time in Bahamas. I have to say I was overwhelmed when I saw the Atlantis resort, it is mega huge. I was so happy when I saw Comfort Suites across the street. Now CS is not your typical hotel by any means. It's still quite big but yet its not at all big compared with Atlantis Resort. We got a room by the street, at the other end of the exit to Atlantis, though we requested a closer room to the exit to Atlantis or a room facing the pool, we got neither. Looking back, I am glad we didn't. We had a perfect room, two beds, microwave, requested, and it was so so quiet. After a hectic day in the resort, i loved coming in the evening to my room. My girls just loved it. It did not matter we had to walk a few more steps to reach the area where every previous review encourages to book the room in. it is indeed very crowded, the door banging at any hours as guest seem to be using ONLY that exit to go to Atlantis. The noise level is quite high there, and also I noticed that every time we would pass by that area there was a certain smell, humid, warmer, Idk, but again I was very happy with our room. Our room was by 280's close to the indoor breakfast area, which was very convenient versus walking down the stairs by the pool every morning. The room did not have any smell whatsoever, but clean. The sheets and towels were white as snow and plenty, every day we had 2 or 3 extra sets of towels, besides the 4 standard sets. Showers, well we had 2 teenagers, we used the shower at all kind of weird hours, and for a long time, not once did we have any issues with hot/cold water. the water was actually very nice and once we regulated the preferred temp for the shower, that's where it stayed for the duration of the shower. if it was in am, evening, night during the day, we still had no issues. Breakfast was standard, my girls are quite picky, but every morning they found something to eat. if not eggs, then cereal, or oatmeal and fruits, sweet rolls, yogurt... Every morning we were satisfied with breakfast, especially since we knew how expensive food is everywhere else. We actually were thankful for the food we got at no extra cost. I need to mention the staff at Comfort Suites, the most pleasant, friendly, ready to please guests at any time, EVER!!!! I loved them. The housekeeper was so nice and hard working. I had all my documents and quite a bit of cash, in the dresser by my bed, not a dime went missing. The girls left some cash out one day, we found everything on the dresser by the TV, very trust worthy. We did not get a safe box, i preferred to leave a few dollars for the housekeeper every day with a note of thank you and I knew that It would be more of value than the safe BOX. I love to travel smart, I always do my homework months in advance. I knew about the Bahamas prices, CS was the best deal for us, but I want to say to anyone who loves to travel smart, Comfort Suites is it. They treat their guests royally. Who doesn't like that ?? If I go back to Bahamas, I would most definitely stay at CS again, no question about it. We truly enjoyed our stay, Thank you CS Staff for your smiles, for making our stay so great !!!

8 Thank Love2travelIl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,700 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,654 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!