“Absolutely worth staying here-incredible value outweighs several negatives”

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just got back from a 4 night trip here that we booked on cheap Caribbean. I'll give some positives and negatives as well as some tips. Positives: #1 value. This hotel offers FULL access to all of the Atlantis. If youre on a cruise it costs 125 bucks for a wrist band to go to the waterpark, see the aquarium,etc and that's included every day at CSPI. Like so many others have said, the breakfast is free. And that makes it taste fantastic. High end buffet it isn't, but in my opinion it's excellent by free breakfast standards. My wife loved the eggs and the coffee was pretty decent too. The food is probably Denny's standards. #2 positive: the rooms. They are great for the money when you look at it as a whole package. They are pretty big(we had 112) and clean. We read reviews on TA ahead of time and requested a ground floor room in the renovated area, and it was perfect. Atlantis' casino is not more than 400 yards from these rooms, though the resort itself is ginormous. You really do need a shuttle to get to parts of it. especially if you play golf, which you have access to by staying at CS-another plus. I played the golf course and it is one of the most beautiful settings I've ever played. We passed one couple who had decided to "pause" their round and walk the beach for a while on like hole 7. Well worth the $. Go after 1:00 and you can save about $75 off the morning rate. Negatives: I'll be blunt. It's "island time" all the time here. It takes a while to check in if you get there around 3, a couple days no one cleaned the room until around 7 or 8, and in general just about everyone seemed like they were going through the motions on the staff. This was a common theme throughout the island however and not just at CS. I saw quite a few instances at the Atlantis too, so if this is the location you choose, might as well pay less to get crappy service in my opinion. Tips:
Buy food/liquor before you cross the bridge. Worth paying a few bucks to stop your taxi. Doritos were at gold pricing at the market next to hotel.
Eat breakfast early and by the pool.

Wrist band station in the lobby of atlantis opens at 9:00, no one starts showing up to get bands until 9:45.
Loaded Nachos($7.50) by the kids pool are the best value on paradise island. Enough for 2 people for lunch.
Save your atlantis cup, the ladies told us we could keep filling it until "the bottom fell out." We filled it with rum in the afternoon and saved approximately one million dollars by making our own drinks.
No matter your age, go down the water slides. I promise you'll have fun.

Green Parrot(walking distance) is great for a cheeseburger and less than 15 bucks.

Viola's(walking distance)has happy hour from 7-9. Includes any kind of bacardi(including 8 year and 151) for $3.75.

Van Breugals is an inexpensive cab ride away and outstanding. My wife had a thai shrimp curry that was the best thing we ate in 5 days. My steak was good and less than 30 bucks. With drinks/grat. we spent less than a hundred bucks.

Most important tip: look at getting this hotel in a package. I'd never used cheap carribean but our deal was amazing. It was less for BOTH flight and hotel than booking the hotel directly by several hundred dollars.

You can make this place what you want. I think you could get a lot of rest if you wanted, gamble 15 hours a day, swim, snorkel, golf, ride watersides, and on and on. There is more to do here than any place I've ever been. Paradise island in general isn't as surreal as Maui or southern Italy, and this hotel's definitely not targeted at the one and only ocean club crowd. It's for value lovers seeking a little excitement in their vacation. That fit us perfectly and we are already telling all our friends about it and planning our next trip!

• Stayed: October 2012
17  Thank JDHelm
Write a ReviewReviews (2,672)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with another couple for a long weekend. Room was adequate. Clean, spacious. You get a fridge and can request a microwave at no charge. Free breakfast was just fine. Saved us some money as every restuarant there is outrageously priced. All access to Atlantis made this an even better deal. Low season so there were no crowds. We stayed in room 236 which overlooks the pool. There was a funky odor that we smelled from time to time entering and leaving the room. Overall the hotel is fine. They are in the middle of renovations. No major issues. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beachlover724
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just got back from a trip to Paradise Island with a group of couples/friends. Most stayed on the Atlantis property, but 4 of us were smart enough to choose Comfort Suites. The location is excellent - right across the street from Marina Village and adjacent to Coral Towers (where all taxis and Atlantis shuttles are located). It is a quick walk to the casino and many restaurants, and VERY EASY to go and pick up armbands each morning. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Recently updated so the hotel feels fresh. Free breakfast is a steal, especially considering how expensive everything else is. The earlier you get to breakfast, the better. It gets very busy after 8:30am, and becomes a "feeding frenzy". Food was kept fresh and well stocked. Eggs were very good. If you become bored, it is very easy to make a Dunkin Donuts run and get something different for a reasonable price. Several of our friends paid top dollar to stay at The Cove. We were so much closer to the action than them and if we wanted to get over to their location, the free Atlantis shuttle would take us over. Atlantis is a great place, very well maintained and beautiful, but they nickle and dime you at every turn. Just be prepared to keep shelling it out!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on the 3rd floor, poolside.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank car0linagirl19
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here after reading about it on trip advisor. Glad we did, saved a ton of money and enjoyed hot complimentary breakfasts daily. Our room 249 was just a quick walk to the Atlantis hotel and casino. We were able to use all of the facilities at the Atlantis after we retrieved our daily wristbands. Would advise you stock up on water and beverages along with non perishable snacks before you cross the bridge from the main island. Once on Paradise everything is really expensive. Would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Michnick123
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 1st Anniversary trip. We were on a bit of a budget this year after the wedding, so I booked this hotel. I have to admit, for the price and what was included, I really feel this was a fair value.

The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable and our room was cleaned and restocked every day. No complaints about the room at all. Now, it's not rockstar accomodations, but it certainly wasn't a Motel 6 either. The daily included breakfast was nice-yes it's the same thing every day, but come on people, it's free! Saved us some money and we would be pretty full until dinner. We would just grab a light snack in the afternoon to tide us over. The access to Atlantis was definitely worth it. Even just for the beaches. After seeing what it would have cost to pay for one day's admission, I am certainly glad ours was included with the hotel stay.

I have heard that the rooms at Atlantis are just so-so, which gave me more confidence in the choice I made. We must have gone in the "off-season" because we didn't encounter any major crowds or lines, even on cruise ship days.

There was one of the building at CS that we ventured into by accident, and it smelled awful of mold...I am guessing this is why they are remodeling, there was a lot of that going on while we were there. But all of the staff was very nice, always said hello and were very accomodating. The only thing I would encourage travelers to stay away from is the desk in the lobby. Not the one that says "Majestic Tours" but the other one closer to the bar. Those people are time share sharks and as nice as they are, they will rope you into going to a presenataion that will take up the majority of your day. We almost fell for it, and boy was it hard to back out of! They hound you...ie call your room

Other than that, it was a blast. We had an awesome time and I would definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrsCrenshaw24
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites twice. Each time I stay I have a great time with it being next door to Atlantis resort. We had full access to the Atlantis resort for free from the Comfort Suites. There is so much to do here I would like to come back every year. They were doing upgrades to the hotels when I stayed in June 2012. The beds are great the rooms are a good size for two people. We will stay here every time we come down.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wesley Z
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all - thanks to all the previous reviews for giving me such a great idea what was in store at CS!

Got there on Thursday for 4 nights at CS. Highly recommend Cheryl Fox-Ferguson for transportation to/from airport - professional, great vehicle and quotes you exact prices (other guy I used failed to disclose some 'extra' charges). Our room at CS wasn't a great location honestly - I had asked for room overlooking pool, but we were with another family and they had two rooms saved next to each other for us - so I didn't complain. And honestly, even the 'bad' rooms here are fine - no complaints. We had a view into the parking lot and were close to the breakfast area that was convenient. Only like 2 extra minutes walk time because we weren't close to the exit to Atlantis - so no big deal.

This hotel is CLEAN. I did note the STRONG odor of cleaner in the hallways, and when I read that in reviews I thought it might be to cover-up dirt, however, I saw a ton of employees cleaning and moving every piece of furniture to get into the corners. I was very impressed with the cleanliness.

The breakfast is not great. I'm a huge eggs and bacon fan so I figured I'd be all set here. The eggs were not good and there was only bacon on our first day - and it ran out quickly. I had a bagel each day and my kids had the frozen waffles and the fruit (oranges, bananas and apples) was better than expected. But all in all I thought it would be a touch better. But it did put something in our stomachs to start the day.

The walk to Atlantis was very short - only 5 or 6 minutes to get to the front door and another 10 -12 minutes to the water park area. I was very happy with it. As others have said - need to go to the Dig which is through the casino and down the stairs - to get your wristbands every day. Not all the employees realize this - we had them sending us in different directions and were even told by a couple that it was closed for the day on our arrival day when we wanted to get wristbands at 5:00pm. No lines for us any of the days - easy to get and not a huge pain at all. And good thing I had read about it here or would have believed it when they said it was closed.

We brought soft-sided cooler with us to the water park each day - I recommend bringing one with wheels as it was a bit of a walk and heavy if you're bringing drinks. We brought sandwiches and drinks and tons of snacks - no issues at all.

The slides are awesome, the aquariums are awesome. We even did a free movie at the Atlantis one night for a break from the sun. A guy we talked to at the pool said he was in from a cruise and paid $500 for 3 adults and 1 child for one day at this park. We spent 3 and a half days there and paid way less!

I would definitely return here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank planthemagic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!