“Stay here, use all of Atlantis' amenities !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Paradise Island

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
“Stay here, use all of Atlantis' amenities !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here after reading about it on trip advisor. Glad we did, saved a ton of money and enjoyed hot complimentary breakfasts daily. Our room 249 was just a quick walk to the Atlantis hotel and casino. We were able to use all of the facilities at the Atlantis after we retrieved our daily wristbands. Would advise you stock up on water and beverages along with non perishable snacks before you cross the bridge from the main island. Once on Paradise everything is really expensive. Would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Michnick123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 1st Anniversary trip. We were on a bit of a budget this year after the wedding, so I booked this hotel. I have to admit, for the price and what was included, I really feel this was a fair value.

The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable and our room was cleaned and restocked every day. No complaints about the room at all. Now, it's not rockstar accomodations, but it certainly wasn't a Motel 6 either. The daily included breakfast was nice-yes it's the same thing every day, but come on people, it's free! Saved us some money and we would be pretty full until dinner. We would just grab a light snack in the afternoon to tide us over. The access to Atlantis was definitely worth it. Even just for the beaches. After seeing what it would have cost to pay for one day's admission, I am certainly glad ours was included with the hotel stay.

I have heard that the rooms at Atlantis are just so-so, which gave me more confidence in the choice I made. We must have gone in the "off-season" because we didn't encounter any major crowds or lines, even on cruise ship days.

There was one of the building at CS that we ventured into by accident, and it smelled awful of mold...I am guessing this is why they are remodeling, there was a lot of that going on while we were there. But all of the staff was very nice, always said hello and were very accomodating. The only thing I would encourage travelers to stay away from is the desk in the lobby. Not the one that says "Majestic Tours" but the other one closer to the bar. Those people are time share sharks and as nice as they are, they will rope you into going to a presenataion that will take up the majority of your day. We almost fell for it, and boy was it hard to back out of! They hound you...ie call your room

Other than that, it was a blast. We had an awesome time and I would definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MrsCrenshaw24
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites twice. Each time I stay I have a great time with it being next door to Atlantis resort. We had full access to the Atlantis resort for free from the Comfort Suites. There is so much to do here I would like to come back every year. They were doing upgrades to the hotels when I stayed in June 2012. The beds are great the rooms are a good size for two people. We will stay here every time we come down.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wesley Z
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all - thanks to all the previous reviews for giving me such a great idea what was in store at CS!

Got there on Thursday for 4 nights at CS. Highly recommend Cheryl Fox-Ferguson for transportation to/from airport - professional, great vehicle and quotes you exact prices (other guy I used failed to disclose some 'extra' charges). Our room at CS wasn't a great location honestly - I had asked for room overlooking pool, but we were with another family and they had two rooms saved next to each other for us - so I didn't complain. And honestly, even the 'bad' rooms here are fine - no complaints. We had a view into the parking lot and were close to the breakfast area that was convenient. Only like 2 extra minutes walk time because we weren't close to the exit to Atlantis - so no big deal.

This hotel is CLEAN. I did note the STRONG odor of cleaner in the hallways, and when I read that in reviews I thought it might be to cover-up dirt, however, I saw a ton of employees cleaning and moving every piece of furniture to get into the corners. I was very impressed with the cleanliness.

The breakfast is not great. I'm a huge eggs and bacon fan so I figured I'd be all set here. The eggs were not good and there was only bacon on our first day - and it ran out quickly. I had a bagel each day and my kids had the frozen waffles and the fruit (oranges, bananas and apples) was better than expected. But all in all I thought it would be a touch better. But it did put something in our stomachs to start the day.

The walk to Atlantis was very short - only 5 or 6 minutes to get to the front door and another 10 -12 minutes to the water park area. I was very happy with it. As others have said - need to go to the Dig which is through the casino and down the stairs - to get your wristbands every day. Not all the employees realize this - we had them sending us in different directions and were even told by a couple that it was closed for the day on our arrival day when we wanted to get wristbands at 5:00pm. No lines for us any of the days - easy to get and not a huge pain at all. And good thing I had read about it here or would have believed it when they said it was closed.

We brought soft-sided cooler with us to the water park each day - I recommend bringing one with wheels as it was a bit of a walk and heavy if you're bringing drinks. We brought sandwiches and drinks and tons of snacks - no issues at all.

The slides are awesome, the aquariums are awesome. We even did a free movie at the Atlantis one night for a break from the sun. A guy we talked to at the pool said he was in from a cruise and paid $500 for 3 adults and 1 child for one day at this park. We spent 3 and a half days there and paid way less!

I would definitely return here!

4 Thank planthemagic
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for a girls trip to the Bahamas with my sister and highly recommend the property. We enjoyed having the free breakfast and being so close to Atlantis. I highly recommend reading the July 20 review here as it is on par and super-helpful. The only thing that we realized though is that to get your armband for the water park, there's no need to go through Marina Village and up the stairs to the casino. Just take the back entrance out of Comfort Suites, walk through the roundabout and straight up the sidewalk an you're right at the casino.

Room Tip: High floor, however they are renovating some rooms, so ask about that.
7 Thank Sue B
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This charming, cosy resort, was a welcome respite after a busy day at Atlantis. My daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful 4-day "getaway" with full access to the Atlantis attractions and restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool was large and well cared for. The free breakfast was not a highlight but the price was right after the sticker-shock of food prices at Atlantis :-)

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating and we enjoyed free Internet access to their terminals in the lobby. I'd certainly stay there again and bring friends and family.

1 Thank TuscanTourers
Ansonia, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is our second time staying at the Comfort Inn Suites. We arrived on Saturday Sept 29, 2012 at 12:30ish. I asked if we were able to check in early and they accommodated us at no extra charge! So refreshing to be able to get off the plane, check in early and get ready for our vacation!! Our room was clean and presentable, we've stayed at the Atlantis before and find the rooms quite comparable, so when you’re able to save money and you don't mind a quick walk staying at the Comfort Inn is completely worth it. You receive a hot continental breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage and then your usual yogurt, fruits, juices, bagels/toast, waffles, etc.), something Atlantis does not do, and at check in they ask you if you would like to be able to charge back purchases from Atlantis back to your room. I highly suggest this! They do put a temporary hold on a credit card initially, but it is nice not having to carry cash on you at all times and still has the freedom of buying things (i.e. anything from the shops, food, drinks, etc.).

We found Atlantis to be great and not over crowded from cruise ships. We were able to sit in the same spot at the aqua-adventure for the 4 days we were there. My husband enjoyed all the slides and the water ride with rapids, wave pool and current was just like we remembered.

Service: you are on vacation!! So slow down and relax. Yes service is not the quickest, but when it comes it is very pleasant, accommodating and quite charming.

Food: yes something’s are more expensive, but again you are on vacation. Next to the Comfort Inn is a little like strip mall with a few shops, and they've recently added a Dunkin Donuts! My husband stated the coffee was only .40 cents more than in the US. Anthony's Diner which is next to dunkin, is a great place with great food at a reasonable price. The last night was our anniversary so we went to Seafire at the Atlantis Marina, food was amazing and upscale which reflected in the prices, however it was a special occasion so we did not mind, most restaurants have the menu posted outside so if price is weighing decision you are able to look at the prices and menu before being seated. We also enjoy the buffet located inside Atlantis great variety roughly $50 per adult includes soft drinks.

My one suggested "do not" is pay for majestic or any other pre-paid shuttle ride to and from the airport. I hear over and over again that they are not clean and people are not satisfied with their experience. Taking a taxi to and from the airport to Comfort Inn suites is roughly $35 each way and generally the taxis are very clean.

We stayed from Saturday Sept 29, 2012 through Oct. 3, 2012

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay!! =) We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jennifer G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,650 reviews
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograp...
#10 of 14 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,528 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!