“2nd Time To Paradise Island Love It”

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites twice. Each time I stay I have a great time with it being next door to Atlantis resort. We had full access to the Atlantis resort for free from the Comfort Suites. There is so much to do here I would like to come back every year. They were doing upgrades to the hotels when I stayed in June 2012. The beds are great the rooms are a good size for two people. We will stay here every time we come down.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wesley Z

Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all - thanks to all the previous reviews for giving me such a great idea what was in store at CS!

Got there on Thursday for 4 nights at CS. Highly recommend Cheryl Fox-Ferguson for transportation to/from airport - professional, great vehicle and quotes you exact prices (other guy I used failed to disclose some 'extra' charges). Our room at CS wasn't a great location honestly - I had asked for room overlooking pool, but we were with another family and they had two rooms saved next to each other for us - so I didn't complain. And honestly, even the 'bad' rooms here are fine - no complaints. We had a view into the parking lot and were close to the breakfast area that was convenient. Only like 2 extra minutes walk time because we weren't close to the exit to Atlantis - so no big deal.

This hotel is CLEAN. I did note the STRONG odor of cleaner in the hallways, and when I read that in reviews I thought it might be to cover-up dirt, however, I saw a ton of employees cleaning and moving every piece of furniture to get into the corners. I was very impressed with the cleanliness.

The breakfast is not great. I'm a huge eggs and bacon fan so I figured I'd be all set here. The eggs were not good and there was only bacon on our first day - and it ran out quickly. I had a bagel each day and my kids had the frozen waffles and the fruit (oranges, bananas and apples) was better than expected. But all in all I thought it would be a touch better. But it did put something in our stomachs to start the day.

The walk to Atlantis was very short - only 5 or 6 minutes to get to the front door and another 10 -12 minutes to the water park area. I was very happy with it. As others have said - need to go to the Dig which is through the casino and down the stairs - to get your wristbands every day. Not all the employees realize this - we had them sending us in different directions and were even told by a couple that it was closed for the day on our arrival day when we wanted to get wristbands at 5:00pm. No lines for us any of the days - easy to get and not a huge pain at all. And good thing I had read about it here or would have believed it when they said it was closed.

We brought soft-sided cooler with us to the water park each day - I recommend bringing one with wheels as it was a bit of a walk and heavy if you're bringing drinks. We brought sandwiches and drinks and tons of snacks - no issues at all.

The slides are awesome, the aquariums are awesome. We even did a free movie at the Atlantis one night for a break from the sun. A guy we talked to at the pool said he was in from a cruise and paid $500 for 3 adults and 1 child for one day at this park. We spent 3 and a half days there and paid way less!

I would definitely return here!

4  Thank planthemagic
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for a girls trip to the Bahamas with my sister and highly recommend the property. We enjoyed having the free breakfast and being so close to Atlantis. I highly recommend reading the July 20 review here as it is on par and super-helpful. The only thing that we realized though is that to get your armband for the water park, there's no need to go through Marina Village and up the stairs to the casino. Just take the back entrance out of Comfort Suites, walk through the roundabout and straight up the sidewalk an you're right at the casino.

Room Tip: High floor, however they are renovating some rooms, so ask about that.
7  Thank Sue B
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This charming, cosy resort, was a welcome respite after a busy day at Atlantis. My daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful 4-day "getaway" with full access to the Atlantis attractions and restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool was large and well cared for. The free breakfast was not a highlight but the price was right after the sticker-shock of food prices at Atlantis :-)

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating and we enjoyed free Internet access to their terminals in the lobby. I'd certainly stay there again and bring friends and family.

1  Thank TuscanTourers
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is our second time staying at the Comfort Inn Suites. We arrived on Saturday Sept 29, 2012 at 12:30ish. I asked if we were able to check in early and they accommodated us at no extra charge! So refreshing to be able to get off the plane, check in early and get ready for our vacation!! Our room was clean and presentable, we've stayed at the Atlantis before and find the rooms quite comparable, so when you’re able to save money and you don't mind a quick walk staying at the Comfort Inn is completely worth it. You receive a hot continental breakfast (scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage and then your usual yogurt, fruits, juices, bagels/toast, waffles, etc.), something Atlantis does not do, and at check in they ask you if you would like to be able to charge back purchases from Atlantis back to your room. I highly suggest this! They do put a temporary hold on a credit card initially, but it is nice not having to carry cash on you at all times and still has the freedom of buying things (i.e. anything from the shops, food, drinks, etc.).

We found Atlantis to be great and not over crowded from cruise ships. We were able to sit in the same spot at the aqua-adventure for the 4 days we were there. My husband enjoyed all the slides and the water ride with rapids, wave pool and current was just like we remembered.

Service: you are on vacation!! So slow down and relax. Yes service is not the quickest, but when it comes it is very pleasant, accommodating and quite charming.

Food: yes something’s are more expensive, but again you are on vacation. Next to the Comfort Inn is a little like strip mall with a few shops, and they've recently added a Dunkin Donuts! My husband stated the coffee was only .40 cents more than in the US. Anthony's Diner which is next to dunkin, is a great place with great food at a reasonable price. The last night was our anniversary so we went to Seafire at the Atlantis Marina, food was amazing and upscale which reflected in the prices, however it was a special occasion so we did not mind, most restaurants have the menu posted outside so if price is weighing decision you are able to look at the prices and menu before being seated. We also enjoy the buffet located inside Atlantis great variety roughly $50 per adult includes soft drinks.

My one suggested "do not" is pay for majestic or any other pre-paid shuttle ride to and from the airport. I hear over and over again that they are not clean and people are not satisfied with their experience. Taking a taxi to and from the airport to Comfort Inn suites is roughly $35 each way and generally the taxis are very clean.

We stayed from Saturday Sept 29, 2012 through Oct. 3, 2012

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay!! =) We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife booked this place instead of actually staying in the Atlantis hotel. After all the money we saved it was an excellent choice. I would recommend the choice to anyone only after they understand a few things. One, you are in a Comfort Suites, just like the one off the freeway in your own state. (Prefab rooms, mass produced uncomfortable furniture and customer service for the masses- get em in and get em out). The second thing is you never know what you will get for the money. It still cost a lot of money to stay here and we were given a non-smoking room that smelled like the casino and the shower temp went extremely hot and then cold, repeatedly! When I complained about the water the front desk clerk said, "you have to gage it." What does that mean? Anyway, just understand you are saving money for a reason. It was a great location and being allowed to use all the amenities of the Atalantis was great. The water park is the bomb! I highly recommend this experience and the money saved is worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank rowdy45
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm usually too lazy to write reviews but this trip to the bahamas is worth writing about.
Hotel - Comfort Suites
Pros - Cheap for being on Paradise Island and includes a free pass to Atlantis water park (worth $135/adult) and use of some facilities. The bar in the lobby was decent....the drinks were pretty strong; i expected it to be watered down. Free wi-fi. The movie theatre at the Atlantis was free to us also and showed recent box office movies. You had to pay for popcorn etc but it was the cheapest meal we had the entire trip.
Cons - No room service.There is no elevator and the stairs were creaky. The laundry room is a joke. There are 2 small washers and 2 dryers for the entire hotel. One of the washers was out of service and we had two loads of laundry to do. We had to pay $1.25 (US coins only) to get 1 load's worth of soap from the dispenser. It was empty. My boyfriend had to get with one of the housekeeping ladies to get detergent. They only had one left so we divided it between the two loads. Then it was $1.75 to wash a load and another to dry ( clothes was still wet after we took it out of the dryer. We ended up laying it out on the couch in the room to air dry). The machines were seriously dated and needed a good cleaning. Anyways, while our room was nicer looking than i expected,it was on the 2nd floor facing the road (bad idea). We heard every conversation people had as they walked by ALL NIGHT long. The floors are paper thin.......that''s right the floors; we heard someone walking up and down with high heel shoes on after midnight. Car alarms kept going off all night. I'm not usually picky but we ended up requesting another room the next morning because of the lack of sleep from the noise. They were nice enough to accommodate this room change but the down side was that we had to check out by 11am and return at 3pm. Weird right? Anyways, the 2nd room we got was on the 3rd floor....much better where the noise was concerned. The hallways of both the 2nd and 3rd floors smelt damp and moldy... i'm guessing because of guests walking in and out dripping wet from the pool. They were also doing renovations on our floor (probably why my room smelt like paint) so from 8am onwards, there were noises outside our door EVERY morning. The first morning we went to the continental breakfast (which was ok), the whole place smelt like bird poop and you're not allowed to take things back to your room so.........outta luck there. We returned one time after that and the smell was gone so maybe it was a freak day. You're better off going to Anthony's across the street though if you want a good breakfast.
Overall-
My suggestion- If you are staying on paradise island with a budget, you're better off staying at one of the all-inclusives. I got the comfort suites because of the price but I ended up paying almost $100 for just lunch OR dinner for two- both on the island or just across the bridge. We were there for 8 days so it really added up. Most of the Bahamian people that we encountered didn't seem to be bothered that they were in the customer service business - they weren't outright rude but they weren't real pleasant either- I'm guessing that because the gratuity is already included in the check, there's no motivation to be nice or go out of their way. We went to the Atlas Bar and Grill in the Atantis Casino- food was good but expensive and service was terrible. It took 10 mins before anyone came to our table to even ask about a drink and that's because my boyfriend waved them down. When our food did finally appear- our waiter asked if there was anything else we needed. I looked up to answer him but to my dismay his focus was not on us but on a woman across the way. He was lip-saying something to her while his hands were cupped under his 'breasts.' Can you say weirdo and RUDE! The Bahamas is nice to visit ONCE for a few days (unless you have family here)- go on a day trip to another island, a dinner cruise, atlantis water park and casino and you're done. That's all there is to do and see. I'm really surprised that everything is so expensive since it's worth the same as the US dollar here. I'm disappointed.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the quieter it is and avoid rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cindylaura12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!