“Good Place to stay with benefits”

Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Comfort suites is a very easy walking distance from the Atlantis Resort which provides all kinds of great amenities, and they are all available for free to the Comfort Suites patrons. A good deal.

The rooms are being refurbished and the upgrade gets you a room repainted and in good condition. Staff was very helpful when we needed anything.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an "upgrade".
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bill P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,690)

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was alittle hestitant about booking here but ended up very pleased. It is directly across from Coral Towers so it's actually closer than Beach Towers to the action area. The room was clean. Employees very helpful and friendly. Bed was comfy. Loved the zillion pillows on the bed. The breakfast was nothing special but saved an added expense. Getting the Atlantis bracelets each day was the best perk! It was alittle bit of a walk but not a big deal. The earlier you get to breakfast and the bracelet line, the less crowded. There are 2 computers and a printer you can use for free. The only things I can complain about...really bad water pressure and temperature constantly changed, shampoo/conditoner were crappy, extra charge for room safe. Overall, you get a clean comfy room with an awesome location plus breakfast and Atlantis access for a great price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Santorini06252009

1. Roaches
2. Rotting garbage smell in hallways all day
3. Mold
4. Disgusting

Yes.. a huge roach the size of a half dollar. We travel 4-5 times a year as a family and I travel often on business. I have come to accept certain things; however this place was appalling. The fact that I am limited to 200 characters I will keep out as much of the details as possible. When we called for help, they planned on sending someone up at 11pm to spray raid while we were just turning in for bed after a long day at the Atlantis. I asked that they send up housekeeping to remove IT. I can handle many insects and rodents; however roaches I cannot! I stood out in the hallway for a half hour and called again before someone finally came up. The housekeeper was very nice and tried to help. He could see how upset I was. He did not see the roach and planned to leave. My husband asked if he can help him lift the bed, because clearly I was not moving from the hallway until he found it. They found the roach and killed it. I was in tears and could not sleep for days. We lived out of our bags for the 7 days and everything was on top of the desks, chairs, and counters. I was shocked when it took me two days and 3 calls to chase down a manager. They were either on another line and will call me back, not in yet, or in a meeting. I finally spoke with someone before heading out to dinner one evening.. again I had to chase, not a single person tried to call me. The shinning start I encountered was Ms. Dumcombe. Ms. Dumcombe was surprised I could not find a manager sooner, and that I did not report this sooner- I shared the same feelings. I was surprised no one documented my call? Not one person mentioned my crying? No one mentioned finding a roach! I guess it’s normal to find a roach. My favorite comment “Why was I looking for a manager if I found the roach and killed it". I also asked Ms. Dumcombe about the disgusting odor in the hallways. It smelled like rooting meat all day. I would gag! My husband finally figured out that we could use the Fire exit and avoid the hallways. She stated that she would walk the hallways and get back to me- I am still waiting. The icing on the cake- when my husband check-ed out and asked as a follow-up to my complaints, they did not have any documentation of the incident! Ms. Dumcombe lied and stated she never spoke to me! Does not recall anyone receive a call about a roach. And still need to walk the hallway to figure out the smell!!! wow. So the hotel is horrible and the management has amnesia
The Atlantis did not have three rooms available for our party of 8; otherwise we would have sold out.
If you are looking for a cheap hotel, and do not mind a 1 star motel (it is not more than that) than it is worth it- book it and enjoy.

Rooms were a great size. The King bed and pull out is ideal for a family- ( the sofa bed is soooo uncomfortable- really bad) wish it was just a bit softer.

The bell staff 8/28 AM, Restaurant manager (Monday Monring 9/3, houskeeping staff (helped kill the roach) were were plesant-

Breakfast- Free! I just tried the cereal so I can not comment on anything else.

+++ Great Prek!!!! FREE WIFI!!! ++++++++

Had to Pay for the Safe $2.00 per day! interesting- first time.

I really thought it would be a great value for us as a huge family traveling. Trying to save money. After all the trouble, THE ROACH, the dirt, THE SMELL, the long walk to get the braclets, long walk back for showers- It was not worth it for Me.

Room Tip: Stay near the back door leading to the Marina and the Atlantis- will help you save a few extra steps...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank flymetothemoon_8
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I Had reservations for Paradise Island for the last week of July, I called to confirm my reservation and was told they could not find a reservation in my name, Airfare was already charged so now it's a last minute scramble to find another hotel, We wound up at the Wyndham. Fast forward 1 billing cycle, there is a charge for Comfort Suites for $202.95, I just got off the phone with CS and NOW they found my reservation SO I HAVE TO PAY THE CHARGE, GUESS WHAT CS YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF HITTING LOTTO BEFORE I PAY THAT CHARGE. ANYBODY KNOW A GOOD SMALL CLAIMS LAWYER...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Like everyone says, it is a good deal for the money but:

1. Air quality is poor, hallways and to a lesser extent the rooms, stink like crappy air freshener. They need to spray this all the time because otherwise it would smell even worse. It is very humid in the hotel also.

2. The laundry room drier vents vent the air into the laundry room itself, which results in needing to run the drier a few times just to get clothes dry.

3. Whole bathroom smelled like poo. Looked clean but they obviously missed something behind the toilet area because the bad smells comes from there.

4. There was always water on the floor in front of the sink. The drain plumbing there looks like it has problems.

5. Atlantis is only kid friendly if you have kids over 3 years of age. There are few stroller ramps, and many of the things to see like predator tank, if there is a way to access them via elevator I have yet to find it. The place is designed so that you have to keep walking through the casino to get anywhere, and it's smoky. Also if you pause there with the scroller you are told to keep moving because kids are not allowed in the casino. As I pointed out to them - it's the only path back to where I'm going. The response was "well ok, but just keep moving:. The restaurants like Nobu don't let you in with kids after 6PM (I always eat dinner after 6). So, Atlantis is NOT kid friendly for children under 2.

6. To go to the waterpark each day which you will definatly want to do, you first need to go to one hotel to get bracelents then wait for hte shuttle to the next one. It wastes a lot of time vs staying at the beach atlantis hotels where you wouldn't need to do this. The closer beach has motorsports and you can smell the exhaust and there is garbage floating in the water. The farther beach is nicer.

7. I was supposed to get a pool view room instead I got a room that looks out at the driveway which is in the opposite direction. I didn't bother to ask that they move me because as I walked the hallways I think all the rooms smelled the same so I didn't want the hassle of moving just for a slightly nicer view.

The positive things:
1. There was nothing wrong with the breakfast, it had eggs, milk and cereal, juices, waffles like those you buy from costco and toast yourself, and a few other things like bagels, etc. It ends at 10AM, but if you wake up early enough from last night's nightlife it does save you a lot of money because any other food on the island, like 1 SLICE of pizza is $8. A large bottle of water is $8 in most places, just to give you an idea, $4 for a small one. I ate breakfast here and dinner at the all you can eats like Mosaic which was expensive but awesome and I was always stuffed even though I exercised a lot. Mosaic isn't a typical buffet. You have made to order stations for ravioli, crepes, etc and they have good steaks, etc. It's more like a restaurant where you can just try whatever you want off the whole menu. It's also $120 for 2 people. but worth it.

2. The atlantis waterpark is awesome. The rapid river ride is totally worth it do not miss this. The beaches have clear water. There is a path behind a waterfall, a rope bridge above the hammerhead shark lagoon, etc. All that and more is free when you stay at this place. It's true that it gives you FULL access to atlantis.

3. The staff were always very nice and polite, you could ask them stuff and they would give you directions, tips, advice, etc. Very professional and nothing wrong with the service.

4. There is a fridge in the room, and TV. Local phone calls are 50c from the room. You can do your own laundry but it will cost you like 5$ because you'll need to run the drier a few times and buy detergent). Basically, if you don't spend any time here and can sleep in a slightly smelly room, you'll be ok here. I am pretty picky normally and I survived staying here.

BOTTOM LINE:
Everything else is good, the reason I rated the room quality not so good is 99% because of the smell. Basically there is nothing wrong with this place, except THAT IT SMELLS. The whole hotel smells.

If you can sleep through a mild moldy or air fresheny stink, then this place will be awesome for you because you won't spend any time in the hotel anyway other than that. I didn't even try the hotel pool. With atlantis across the street you'd be silly to spend your time doing anything else but experiencing those activities.

Room Tip: Some hallways and rooms smells a LOT worse than others. Just take a walk through when you get there...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank BWaffleLover
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went there from Aug 26th till Sept 2nd. Upon arrival We were attended promptly and were told we were early for check in so would have to wait. We did. At 3:30 we were given room 329. It was next to the door that lead to tge pool. No so noisy like I thought it would be. Room was updated, granite countertops in bath and mini kitchen area. All was nice and clean. The bath water presure was ok. They put new shower heads to conserve water and not to much flow comes out. Our room was also next to the ice and soda machine and also near entrance to Atlantis. The bell boy was fast bringing our luggage and also at check out. They gave us free breakfast( the usual scrambled eggs, toast, sausages, bacon, corned beef hash, yogurt, coffee) which was great, specially if you have kids. They also gave us free lunch and dinner passes to certain restaurants for the kids as long as you purchased a full adult meal. All in all, good hotel and good people. The pool was nice and the lifeguards are always attent to the pool. They are remodeling several rooms at a time so bare with the construccion. This is Not a beach front property! So prepare to walk about 3 blocks to get to it. On your way there going over bridge Look for hundred of turtles and fish being fed by people!! The beach area was beautiful! The only thing I wish the beach had was more garbage cans! There was too much garbage on the beach!! Lets clean up after our selfs please!! The food in the area is expensive, there is no night life in downtown Nassau after 6pm!! Neither in Paradise Island! Atlantis rocks though!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank andres257
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lovely hotel staff they where friendly and got the job done everyday, check-in and out was a breeze, the free breakfast was good a bit repeditive but for the Paradise Island prices at the Atlantis the breakfast was damn good everyday, my room was spacious with a flat screen tv and a refrigerator so I could buy all of my snacks and drinks. All drinks and food are very $$$$ on Paradise Island, I rented a vehicle from Drivers-rent-a-car which made my stay easy. I been going to Nassau for years so CoCo Mo's and The Shoal restaurants which are over the hill where the locals live and Twin Brothers at Arkwark Key aka the Fish Fry was easy to get to anytime, also visit Travelers Rest restaurant near Love Beach its out West and the food is a guarantee. The bahamas is going thru big changes alot of construction everywhere along with the construction of the new Bahamar Hotel on the cable beach side. Comfort Suites is a win win the pool was good swim-up bar was decent and you could also have lunch at the hotel restaurant til 4pm, and yes you are right across the street from the world famous Atlantis, big pricey clean excellent campus that's what I call it alot of walking to get to everything but alot of fun.

Room Tip: ask for a upgraded room the hotel is upgrading the rooms one by one my room#103 near the pool and re...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank blkdiva007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive
Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas ...
#2 of 14 in Paradise Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 36 in Nassau

Been to Comfort Suites Paradise Island? Share your experiences!