All reviews teacher training life changing silent meditation morning and evening spiritual practice morning meditation beach platform vegetarian diet tofu inner peace vacation program raw food sun salutations selfless service personal growth beginners class walks of life
Selected filters
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

You want to disconnect from day to day stress ? The yoga retreat is for you. The energy over there is exceptionally positive, we meet people who are from all over the world to experience Yoga and share wonderful moments. There’s the type of practice for all from beginners to advanced yoga practitioners.
The food is vegetarian and very tasty. And we feel a lot of love all around. The retreat is a paradise, palm trees, nice sandy beach wonderful people all that in a relaxing environment.
When We returned from the yoga retreat We were completely relaxed and our level of energy was super high.
Liked it so much that we are planning in going back again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vacationer702022
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Om Vacationer,

It's nice to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at the retreat. Isn't it amazing how yoga practice can be both relaxing and re-energizing?

I would also have to agree that the cultural diversity at the retreat is exceptional. Not only is the retreat regularly full of people from all around the world, but we regularly have people off all ages and with a wide range of yoga experience. What's more, we have vacationers, guests who are here for specific programs, and Karma Yogis who may be here for many months all practicing, eating, and enjoying the beach and all that the ashram has to offer, together.

We hope to see you back soon.

Kemberel

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

If you are not satisfied with lazy sunbaking and lounging in a bar any more, but looking for a healthy yogic routine (vegetarian diet included) and opportunities to explore meditation techniques and diverse spiritual practices provided by multiple guest speakers, this place must be on the top of your list. Experienced yoga teachers and Ayurvedic therapists, talented Kirtan singers and passionate yogis all over the world will make your stay here unforgettable. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank korzanovanatalia

Om. And thank you for the kind words, Korzanovanatalia. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience during your stay.

As you said, the ashram experience offers an authentic yogic lifestyle based on the teachings of Swami Sivananda and Swami Vishnudevananda and every day there are many opportunities for meditation, kirtan, yoga classes, workshops and courses with our teachers and with teachers from other traditions. We recently had Rabbi Zoe B Zak offer a very helpful experiential couse on forgiveness and we are currently hosting Stacie Doorek who is offering a course on chair yoga. This weekend the Mayapuris are coming to the ashram for a program called Chanting and Sound, which we are all looking foreward to very much. Anyway, our website is always up-to-date with the happenings at the ashram and we hope to see you back soon.

Kemberel

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I would recommend the experience I had the chance to live to anyone I know. I went to the Ashram in last July to complete my TTC because my yoga teacher told me I would enjoy it. It was the overstatment of the century. I was already established in my yoga practice and teaching in college back home, but I learned so much in my TTC, I couldn't say how much. Amongst other things, I learned to let go of the stress (while coming back it still took it's rightfull place in my life - still working on this...) of our crazy occidental lives, even if it was just for a moment. It was a welcomed break to take time and set some of my priorities straight. I loved all the aspects of this experience, even the hard ones. Of course the yoga classes and the teaching yoga classes were amazing, but this experience was so much more than that. I met amazing souls that I was so sad to leave when the month was over in the group I was in but also among the staff of the ashram. Our teachers were, in my opinion, so good. They were open minded and still conscious that some of the aspects of the TTC might be confronting for people that don't live in an Ashram. The assistants we had were also beautiful souls that were really empathic throughout this process that was sometimes kind of overwhelming. I felt, at times, more love from those people I've just met, than from people I spend almost everyday with back home, so that was a solid experience as well. I fell in love with kirtan and I feel that the end of the TTC experience was more of a begining than an end for me. I want to go back, I still have to figure out the details yet, but I'm far from done with this life-changing experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Om aaisabel,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful words with others about your time at Sivananda Bahamas! We are delighted that you has such a positive and rewarding experience. Many believe they are coming simply to get teacher training certification but all go home with so much more. Life lessons that change their future forever. Life long relationships and friendships are formed and many reunite for workshops and further training.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future! We have an amazing calendar ahead of fabulous speakers and of course Advanced teacher Training Course is an an amazing next step for our TTC graduates!

Wishing you a lifetime of peace, love and happiness!

Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas

Reviewed September 3, 2018

You really have to experience this magical Ashram Yoga Retreat in person to understand the serenity, beauty, and peace that is offered here. From the moment I stepped off the boat on onto the breathtaking grounds, my body soul and spirit all felt at peace. I am did 1 month of Karma yoga, leaving behind a career, employees, clients and my wonderful family, But I am 100% certain I will be a better mother, boss, worker, wife and friend upon my return. Picture the most beautiful white sandy beach with the clearest water, amazing healthy food, kind and compassionate people, yoga (asana) on platforms right on the beach, magical sunsets, meditation walks at sunrise, workshops that fuel and heal. If you think you do not have time for this in your busy life...I urge you to think again...you do not have time NOT to do this. Life is too short to miss something this wonderful! Thank you Sivananda Bahamas for this life changing gift!

Room tip: So many options just depends on budget. The water front streets are magnificent, but the beach cottages or adorable!!
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Fearless617823
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Om Julie,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for the kind review! We are delighted that you had such a positive and rewarding experience. We have heard from many that their lives were changed through our Karma Yoga program and that they return back to their homes feeling enlightened.

We hope to see you again soon...perhaps for our Teacher Training Course to deepen your practice while you appreciate the grounds, the food, workshops and the people that you so enjoyed during your stay with us!

Wishing you happiness, peace and love,

Om Shanti,
Sivananda Ashram Yoga retreat Bahamas

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Where to even begin! I came into this experience with the expectation to do yoga, eat healthy, relax, and enjoy the beach but I gained so much more then that. First of all, it was a cultural experience. As someone who was unfamiliar to the Sivananda practice, I absolutely loved observing and interacting with the group's daily practice of satsangs, Gita readings, and yoga. I was welcomed to participate with open arms and truly enjoyed being a part of the group. Also if there was a day where I needed to spend time alone, I didn't feel the pressure to attend every event and I could relax on my own. I enjoyed the wonderful food and am inspired to continue a healthier vegetarian life outside of the ashram. I highly recommend coming to this oasis and learning the power of stillness.

Room tip: There is some construction going on, so see if you can request a room on the other side of the ashram.
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Glenda R
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Om Glenda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed a positive and rewarding experience here at Sivananda Bahamas. We especially love that you felt welcomed and comfortable even when unfamiliar with the Sivananda practice. We so appreciate when our guests participate in any of our many workshops and programs as our goal is to enrich the lives of others through our offerings.

So happy to hear you enjoyed the delicious food! We now offer recipes of our favorites dishes every Wednesday on our blog! Please check it out and try some of these healthy options at home!

We hope to see you again in the future...perhaps to deepen your practice through our Teacher's Training Course (TTC) or just to enjoy one of many of our many programs.

Wishing you peace, joy and love always!

Om Shanti,