All reviews teacher training life changing silent meditation morning and evening spiritual practice morning meditation beach platform vegetarian diet tofu inner peace vacation program raw food sun salutations selfless service personal growth beginners class walks of life
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2018

I would recommend the experience I had the chance to live to anyone I know. I went to the Ashram in last July to complete my TTC because my yoga teacher told me I would enjoy it. It was the overstatment of the century. I was already established in my yoga practice and teaching in college back home, but I learned so much in my TTC, I couldn't say how much. Amongst other things, I learned to let go of the stress (while coming back it still took it's rightfull place in my life - still working on this...) of our crazy occidental lives, even if it was just for a moment. It was a welcomed break to take time and set some of my priorities straight. I loved all the aspects of this experience, even the hard ones. Of course the yoga classes and the teaching yoga classes were amazing, but this experience was so much more than that. I met amazing souls that I was so sad to leave when the month was over in the group I was in but also among the staff of the ashram. Our teachers were, in my opinion, so good. They were open minded and still conscious that some of the aspects of the TTC might be confronting for people that don't live in an Ashram. The assistants we had were also beautiful souls that were really empathic throughout this process that was sometimes kind of overwhelming. I felt, at times, more love from those people I've just met, than from people I spend almost everyday with back home, so that was a solid experience as well. I fell in love with kirtan and I feel that the end of the TTC experience was more of a begining than an end for me. I want to go back, I still have to figure out the details yet, but I'm far from done with this life-changing experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Om aaisabel,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful words with others about your time at Sivananda Bahamas! We are delighted that you has such a positive and rewarding experience. Many believe they are coming simply to get teacher training certification but all go home with so much more. Life lessons that change their future forever. Life long relationships and friendships are formed and many reunite for workshops and further training.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future! We have an amazing calendar ahead of fabulous speakers and of course Advanced teacher Training Course is an an amazing next step for our TTC graduates!

Wishing you a lifetime of peace, love and happiness!

Om shanti,

Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas

Reviewed September 3, 2018

You really have to experience this magical Ashram Yoga Retreat in person to understand the serenity, beauty, and peace that is offered here. From the moment I stepped off the boat on onto the breathtaking grounds, my body soul and spirit all felt at peace. I am did 1 month of Karma yoga, leaving behind a career, employees, clients and my wonderful family, But I am 100% certain I will be a better mother, boss, worker, wife and friend upon my return. Picture the most beautiful white sandy beach with the clearest water, amazing healthy food, kind and compassionate people, yoga (asana) on platforms right on the beach, magical sunsets, meditation walks at sunrise, workshops that fuel and heal. If you think you do not have time for this in your busy life...I urge you to think again...you do not have time NOT to do this. Life is too short to miss something this wonderful! Thank you Sivananda Bahamas for this life changing gift!

Room tip: So many options just depends on budget. The water front streets are magnificent, but the beach cottages or adorable!!
1  Thank Fearless617823
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Om Julie,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for the kind review! We are delighted that you had such a positive and rewarding experience. We have heard from many that their lives were changed through our Karma Yoga program and that they return back to their homes feeling enlightened.

We hope to see you again soon...perhaps for our Teacher Training Course to deepen your practice while you appreciate the grounds, the food, workshops and the people that you so enjoyed during your stay with us!

Wishing you happiness, peace and love,

Sivananda Ashram Yoga retreat Bahamas

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Where to even begin! I came into this experience with the expectation to do yoga, eat healthy, relax, and enjoy the beach but I gained so much more then that. First of all, it was a cultural experience. As someone who was unfamiliar to the Sivananda practice, I absolutely loved observing and interacting with the group's daily practice of satsangs, Gita readings, and yoga. I was welcomed to participate with open arms and truly enjoyed being a part of the group. Also if there was a day where I needed to spend time alone, I didn't feel the pressure to attend every event and I could relax on my own. I enjoyed the wonderful food and am inspired to continue a healthier vegetarian life outside of the ashram. I highly recommend coming to this oasis and learning the power of stillness.

Room tip: There is some construction going on, so see if you can request a room on the other side of the ashram.
1  Thank Glenda R
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Om Glenda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed a positive and rewarding experience here at Sivananda Bahamas. We especially love that you felt welcomed and comfortable even when unfamiliar with the Sivananda practice. We so appreciate when our guests participate in any of our many workshops and programs as our goal is to enrich the lives of others through our offerings.

So happy to hear you enjoyed the delicious food! We now offer recipes of our favorites dishes every Wednesday on our blog! Please check it out and try some of these healthy options at home!

We hope to see you again in the future...perhaps to deepen your practice through our Teacher's Training Course (TTC) or just to enjoy one of many of our many programs.

Wishing you peace, joy and love always!

Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, Bahamas

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

It took me a while to decide what I wanted to say about this place. We stayed a year ago and it’s bothered me ever since. It’s very cult like. The people working there (they’re working not for pay but for room and board or doing their TTC) were so unfriendly and cold. Prior to staying here I did my research as I have coeliac and cannot eat gluten ...their website clearly states that they are equipped to deal with vegetarian and gluten free diners. They are not. The ‘chefs’ (I use this word loosely) did not even know what gluten was...they tried to serve me couscous among other dishes which clearly contained wheat. Luckily I had brought granola bars and some instant oatmeal packs and I basically lived off of drygoods the entire five days I was there ... except for the one day that I walked over to Atlantis and got a decent salad to eat. I would be less annoyed if I hadn’t looked into it in advance but I did my research and even emailed back-and-forth with somebody there about the dietary issues and was assured it would be fine.

The other issue is the cockroaches ...there were several in the room we stayed in ( we booked one of the private indoor accommodations not a tent). It was pretty hard to sleep at night knowing that roaches were in our room.. this place is dirty and not well-kept.

The whole time we stayed they never did yoga on the beach side platform which was much quieter it was always done on the other side of the ashram where loud tour boats were constantly passing ..

I know this place has a ton of great reviews but before you book look at the ones that are one and two stars you will find consistently that it is dirty and cult ish..

The only reason I gave it two stars and not one is the setting is quite beautiful it’s a gorgeous island and a nice beach... one of the yogis who is sort of in charge ...although I couldn’t really figure out the staffing... came and apologized to us on the last day about all the mess ups with the dining and food but I got the feeling it was just because he didn’t want a bad trip advisor review ....he even said something about leaving a review ..PUHLEASE!! I wasn’t offered any compensation even though I couldn’t eat a single thing the whole time I was there and I had paid for the most expensive accommodation possible (private room). That’s just not a good way to do business... I know a lot of people drinking the Kool-Aid this place is serving , but I’m not!! Will never recommend this place to anybody.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Sarah G
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Om Sarah,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a rewarding experience when you were here over a year ago. We appreciate your feedback as we are always doing our best to offer the highest level of service and value for our cherished guests. You will be happy to know that in the past year since you have been here we have been improving! Our current chefs offer wonderful meals for all diet restrictions and our staff is friendly and helpful. We also have a fabulous cleaning crew to help keep our rooms, grounds and beaches beautiful.

We wish you happiness and peace always,

Om Shanti,

Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahama.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Please note that there is an active construction site directly adjoining the ashram, on the west side of the island. If you are sensitive to noise (during the day only and on weekdays only), suggestion is to book a room away from that area.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank bryanabeecham
Kemberel, Guest Relations Manager at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Om Bryana,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate that you want to let people know that our neighbor is doing some construction work. We will be sensitive to that with our future guests.

We hope you enjoyed yourself while here whether soaking up the sunshine at the beautiful beach, practicing yoga, at one of our workshops, enjoying a healthy meal or meditating with us Satsang. We would love to see you again in the future for one of our programs of perhaps even our Teachers Training Course?

Wishing you a journey filled with peace and joy!

Om Shantii