“Paradise in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paradise Island
Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat
You added Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Nassau, Bahamas
“Paradise in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Three girlfriends and I ended our five day party vacation with a half day at the Ashram. We took the 8am yoga class then enjoyed the 10am vegan breakfast. The experience was the perfect way to kick start removing the past few days toxins from the body. The class and meal are each $10 which include a ferry ride over from the main land of Nassau. There is a parking lot near the ferry that charges $1-2 per hour. Bring a swim suit and hang on the beautiful beach. They have a variety of accommodation types as well including ocean front rooms. Be sure to visit the store/gift shop for gifts and healthy snacks.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank dianedewit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Belleville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

What a fantastic spot, and a great contrast to the craziness of nearby Atlantis. Location is simply breathtaking. I do not have a strict yoga practice, but was still able to keep up with the class. They build in a lot of resting in between poses, which is how it's supposed to be practiced. I would have liked to have seen a bit more on the meditation end instead of the chanting, but I know that is a personal preference. Accommodations were great. We were in a beachfront deluxe room, which was perfect. The talks and workshops were a bit mixed; some were fantastic, others were a bit difficult to hear because of either noise/volume issues or language barriers. It's not as strict as some other ashrams as I've visited, but it's all about listening to your body and respecting what it needs anyway. Overall a great and beautiful getaway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cal101919
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been visiting this Yoga retreat for over twenty years. While I do not follow a regular Yoga practice, I have always have a regenerating and relaxing experience. I am pleased and impressed that it has retained its charm, notwithstanding the overwhelming challenges of our rapidly changing world. I have always gone alone, as do most, and met nice and interesting people during my (approx. 20) stays. By some standards it might be regarded as rough, but its simplicity and 'down-to-earth ambience contributes to its natural beauty and peacefulness. Be prepared to leave cars, phones, and the bustling world behind.

Room Tip: The huts on the fabulous beach are great. However, my advice is to take whatever you are given, and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank John B
Dieppe, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This place was an amazing yoga experience! We had the deluxe accommodation on the beach front and it was just perfect in every way. Clean, comfortable, air conditioned room. The food was good, especially the home made bread, and menu changes every day! Don't forget your bottle of water, you will need it! We will certainly go back! Nathalie B.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I did the TTC, its an amazing experience. Although it is no walk in the park. Go in knowing that the first two weeks are the hardest but once you pass that you realise what a great place it is! And guarantee you will meet great people.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Danielle G
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wow.

These two programs that I had the pleasure of participating changed my life! And I don't mean to say that in a frou-frou cliche manner, but it you are thinking about igniting a shift in the way you live your life, on a CELLULAR level, I would absolutely suggest either or even both of these programs. Manu Dawson is well-versed of virtually every malady that upsets a human body and has the holistic knowledge and patience to answer every question. Grace Van Berkum is behind the scenes preparing the food and juices and each one is delicious (and nutritious). The Raw Food Living Retreat is a 3-day hands-on affair, where she leads a lecture first and then everyone is able to prepare meals, learn about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Grace is truly an inspiration in her knowledge and story. The passion she has demonstrating and talking about health is contagious and makes you want to instantly jump on the bandwagon. She is a living example of taking control of your life and making the most of it. And the food we made was DELICIOUS! Everything was simple and easy to make from snazzy protein drinks to chocolate truffles, and even in my busy schedule I am able to prepare meals and keep up with what I learned.

Jai to these leaders and I'm telling you these programs will profoundly change your life. Are you ready?
Visited May 2014

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Michelle G
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was fortunate enough to do something out of the ordinary and book holiday at the Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas. I have never been to an Ashram and was basically a beginner at yoga. My one week stay turned into two, and then into three weeks, and I became immersed in the culture and practice of yoga. I have leaned more about whats important in my life and about myself during those three weeks than at any other point in my life. It has changed my life forever. Amrita, a young and beautiful soul was one of my teachers throughout my stay and through her teachings and guidance I blossomed most. She taught me so much about yoga; meditation, breathing, posture, form, the mind and self love that I cannot begin to explain how that has transformed my life so far. I am eternally grateful for her knowledge, kindness and her spirit that guiding me through the most important and transformational times in my life. I wish you all the very best Amrita with your own practice, Nectar Yoga. Om Shanti.

I also want to thank Swami Sita, Alden, Kaliyani, Kumari and all the other instructors and wonderful teachers that I was blessed to be with. Om Shanti.

Like I said, if you want to change your life, just go.

Room Tip: Tent Huts are best for keeping to the basics
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo