The Ocean Club was a very quiet, beautiful experience but my husband and I felt a little underwhelmed by the room and, at times, the service. Perhaps our expectations were too high from what friends have said but our room, which was the lowest level garden view, but still quite expensive, was not as impressive as we thoughts. We've stayed in much larger, more comfortable rooms at hotels less reputable than One & Only. The room was average size as was the bathroom, at the Four Seasons the room was at least double the size of this one. More importantly, the bed was extremely uncomfortable, very, very soft and the springs actually creaked when you moved. We did not have very restful nights. The only other qualm we had was that although the service was extremely friendly, often the staff was a little unprofessional, especially when amongst each other. Although I totally gave them credit for the more laid back atmosphere, quick service was not expected.
Aside from that the Ocean Club is VEEEERRRYYY quiet and relaxing but you can go over to the Atlantis for the exact opposite. A Chevy Tahoe or Suburban will take you anywhere you want on Paradise island and the Atlantis and when you want to come back, just have the Atlantis people call the Ocean Club and it'll come back to pick you up. The pool area is very nice, it is a big, deep pool (12 feet), overlooking the "Versailles" gardens where we saw multiple photo shoots and wedding over the course of the week. We strolled around the family pool and the tennis courts and the grounds are really stunning. The fitness club is tiny and the bathrooms are nice and have steam rooms.
The Ocean Club does provide a lot of perks other than the transportation. Free champagne is available all day in the lobby along with fruit and coffee and tea in the morning. Also, if you're in the room, champagne and strawberries are delivered to you in the early evening. The internet is free and can be accessed via your television but it is difficult to navigate and the television makes you agree to a fee (although you wont be charged for it.) It is easier to just go to the lobby and rent a free laptop and check it in the library. Also take advantage of the free bug spray in the room near the mini bar when you go out at night or you will be bitten up! Free Crystal Geyser water is handed out at the pool and left in your room as well. The beach is also very beautiful and chairs are set up.
We also ate at Dune, which was a very good meal. The menu is diverse and the service is very good. Overall, the One & Only is a very romantic, quiet place if you're looking for that and have a lot of money to spend but I preferred the Four Seasons overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island