1,089 results
All reviews hartford wing dune restaurant butler service champagne and strawberries family pool versailles gardens james bond ocean front infinity pool casino royale beach staff rose petals jean georges oceanfront room tennis courts garden view every afternoon
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

The family gathered for a milestone birthday celebration of our father's 80th birthday. Although the Bahamas was not necessarily my ideal location to stage such a family reunion, as a silent attendee, I remained silent about the planning. Every family has a member who can be difficult. Mine is no exception. My wife's sister is an Animal Right's Activist and Vegan. Her demand was that if we celebrated in the Bahamas, that Atlantis would be off the table due to its "dolphin captivity/prison". Given the multi-generational attendees, Atlantis' theme-parked attractions would have made a nice locale for the teenage grandchildren in attendance. So we were booked to the One & Only Ocean Club. What I found out just prior to departure from a business associate who has been a guest and did not learn from other recent Trip Advisor reviews of which I studied, is that the OO has a relationship with Atlantis that allows OO guests full access to Atlantis attractions at no extra cost (same benefits as Atlantis hotel guests). Also, at least two OO vehicles spend all day couriering guests from OO to Atlantis and back as a courtesy shuttle. Problem solved for my children! For those who prefer to walk. My wife and I managed to walk the beach from OO to Atlantis in about 20 minutes. OO room cards sufficed to gain access to Atlantis and to direct purchases to your OO room charge. But, my wife and daughter's cards failed when they individually attempted a room charge purchase at Atlantis.
Now for OO on its own merits: The experience was truly in the top 3 or 4 hotel experiences I have been, so far, able to enjoy (I don't believe anything will rival my Singita Resort at Kruger National Park in South Africa experience; best I can expect might be a tie). OO offers 5 Circle amenities and comforts. Everything you need is provided at its wonderful beach, its several pools and remarkably well-appointed rooms. The beach staff set up chairs with cushions and umbrella shades while providing ice buckets with cool water to drink or other bar orders. They repositioned the umbrella for me more than once over the course of the day as the sun migrated to the West. OO provided golf cart rides for my aging parents as needed allowing them to more easily navigate the property. There was a fitness center, bicycles to use and a exquisite garden off to the side of the property. The garden made a wonderful background to family photos. I believe that it would also make a wonderful fairytale site for a wedding; I'm sure that many such events occur there regularly. I walked the garden and was amused by the 20-foot tall statues of FDR and David Livingstone! Surprise. Many other antique marble statues and Lilly ponds adorned the garden. A reconstruction of a 12th century French (I think) monastery was present as well. We stayed in the "basic" garden-view room. The space was excellent. The bathroom and features were nearly flawless. To be picky, I can be marginally critical of inferior quality toilet and tissue paper, but the toilet was one of those modern electronic heated toilets with cleaning and bidet functions built in. Towels were plentiful and extra large but a bit rough. Our shower was slow to reach comforting temperature but I might be naive in how to work the thermostat of the shower. Room service was excellent. We dined at Dune for breakfast each morning and enjoyed the food and view. Service there has room for improvement. Our family bonded in the lobby playing deluxe editions of board games (Monopoly, Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit) in the evening. Concierge service by Tayana was especially helpful on every occasion of need. "Snaps" to Tayana!
Other reviews in Trip Advisor regarding OO remark upon the resort's expense and how its for the top 0.5 % of the population. This is correct. Rumors of foreign dignitaries and Hall of Fame US athlete sightings on the property rumbled amongst the few plebeian guests of which I was one. I did not run into Oprah this time. I did notice the photo of Queen Elizabeth II on the piano in the main lobby, though. Big thanks to my sister-in-law who made this stay possible.
An easy 5 circles. I hope to be able to return in the future.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank 582robertc
John C, General Manager at The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. From our well-appointed accommodations to the unsurpassed views and exceptional culinary offerings at Dune, It sounds as though your stay on Paradise Island was nothing short of extraordinary. It was a pleasure celebrating your father’s 80th birthday with you and your family, and we look forward to sharing many more memories together in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

My family and I came to the Bahamas for our friend's wedding in May 2017. My husband, my 2-month old daughter and I arrived not knowing what this trip would bring because we had never been to the Bahamas and we were very sleep deprived from the newborn. We packed everything we thought we would need including a week's worth of diapers.

Everything worked out perfectly. This resort was magical. They thought of everything. We were picked up at the airport and brought back to the resort in a big SUV. Having traveled on the red-eye from San Francisco, we were barely functioning and eager to get to our room for a shower and a nap. Upon arrival, the concierge checked us in at our room and had our luggage brought to the room. There was free bottle water, as much as we wanted, upon request. There was a butler to help with everything, from questions about weather, to getting a diaper pail for the soiled nappies. Oh the joys of motherhood. In the evening, there was a glass of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and a small box of chocolates on the bed. Every evening!

Our room was a second story beachfront, colonial style. We thought we would be in the Hartford wing because that is where the cheaper rooms were, and we booked the cheapest we could find (Black Friday Deals!), but we were upgraded to this beautiful beachfront room with a Grecco-Roman style bathroom of my dreams. I still think of the bathtub when I need to go to my happy place. The air conditioning worked gorgeously and kept us cool. The balcony overlooked a green lawn and beyond that, the ocean. The room was peaceful and quiet, everything I needed to get my head straight after just having a baby.

The food at Dune was very good. So was the room service. There is only one restaurant on the resort which is delicious but I like choices. Everything is really expensive. A Cadbury Dairy Milk fruit and nut bar was $12. Yes. A regular chocolate bar was $12.

I felt very safe here. Comfortable. And there was no lingering anxiety as one would expect from traveling with a newborn in a different country. It was the best vacation of my life and I will forever think of this place when I need a few minutes of peace.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank XtinaComplex

Dear Christina C,

We appreciate your lovely review. It is comforting to discover that we were able to provide you with a relaxing and rejuvenating stay. From the moment you walk through our doors, our team is dedicated to ensuring your complete satisfaction. We enjoyed your company throughout your visit, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

From the time you walk in to the One and Only, you feel pampered and special! We have memories for a lifetime of this beautiful place! The photos on the website don't do it justice. It was truly the perfect 25th anniversary vacation!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank danakb2017

Dear danakb2017,

Congratulations on your recent anniversary! It was a joy reading such a wonderful review. Whether you are joining us for a romantic escape or a fun family vacation, One&Only Ocean Club allows our guests to experience the best that Paradise Island has to offer. It was a pleasure having you, and we hope that your travels lead you back to our doors in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

After taking my wife to Andros Island for a few days of secluded enjoyment, we wrapped up our stay at the One & Only for two wonderful nights to celebrate her birthday. The facility has just about all the amenities you need and if not, the staff can find them for you. We had a room with a great ocean view and steps away from the Infinity Ocean pool, but also enjoyed the Versailles pool each with servers to keep you cool with bottled water or Daiquiris. Took in a few Spa sessions and surprised her with a Special sunset beach dining experience they offer. Enjoyed the live music for Father's Day brunch at Dune. The grounds are very well maintained and beautiful but the concierge and staff from housekeepers to valets to drivers went above and beyond if asked. We especially appreciated Anthony who served us on the beach as well Margo who was our meet & greet at the airport both arriving and departing. It was all the staff really that made us decide we must come back and stay again soon. If you are prepared to spend and splurge for luxury, this is the place.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Jimmy M,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It is delightful to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the blissful serenity of our One&Only Spa. With its variety of soothing treatments and calming atmosphere, you are sure to enjoy an enchanting experience. We are honored that you and your wife chose to celebrate her birthday with us, and we invite you to join us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

We stayed there at the beginning of June for 5 nights and it was absolute perfection. From the grounds to the staff to the food to our room - not a detail was missed. We had such a great time and were so sad to leave. Now I'm just counting down until we get to go again! Special thanks to Wendell, Nelson, & Melissa - you guys went above and beyond to make our stay special....I can't wait to see your smiling faces again!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kellianne101

Dear kellianne101,

We appreciate you taking a moment to share the details of your lovely stay. From our spacious and inviting accommodations to the exceptional culinary offerings at Dune, it sounds as though your visit with us was nothing short of extraordinary. We will be sure to pass along your praises to Wendell, Nelson, and Melissa, as they will be delighted to hear such kind words. It was a pleasure having you on Paradise Island, and we look forward to your next visit.