The resort is set in the most beautiful grounds with manicured gardens, a huge (adults only) pool and easy access to a magnificent beach.
We stayed in the the Hartford wing on the ground floor and the room was super, very well appointed.
Dune restaurant overlooks the ocean and the food is good as is the The Courtyard.
Because the resort is so spread out you never feel crowded and compared with Atlantis (which you can visit via their complimentary shuttle) it is a place of tranquility; the kids club and kids pool keep children out of sight although I cannot understand why you would bring kids here when there is so much more for them to do at Atlantis.
The negatives are the attitude of the staff: the reception lady was offhand and their much vaunted butler service is a joke; on arrival you get a big speech about how they will refresh your fruit, bring ice and take care of your every need. The reality is that they are entirely reactive vs proactive and have to be chased for any kind of service. You also feel that the staff perpetually have their hands out for tips despite the 15% added to all bills. Failure to tip results in a scowl!
4 nights is plenty and mid week is better if you can avoid weekends when there is more pressure on facilities and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island