Husband and I splurged for a very special getaway to celebrate milestone birthdays and our anniversary. It was also our first trip ever without our children so we wanted something very special - quiet, romantic, relaxing, pampering. We got all of that and more. Now - for full disclosure - we have never stayed in a hotel of this level and we are busy, tired parents who were away on their own for the first time (so we were probably easy to please), but we were delighted by every aspect of our stay.
Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by name and taken to the lobby for check-in while we sipped lemonade and looked out at the gorgeous grounds and the sea. I booked a garden view room in the Harford Wing (the older wing, which is connected to the main lobby building and spa) honestly because it is significantly less expensive than the larger ocean view rooms in the Crescent Wing (the newer building). When we arrived at our room (in the Hartford Wing), we were absolutely ecstatic to find that we had somehow been upgraded to an ocean view room! Absolutely stunning view with a balcony. I decided right then I never wanted to leave! We found our room - although very small, to be comfortable and spotless (maid service 3x a day and they never missed anything). We then met our Butler, Prince, who told us all about our room, the property, and everything available to us. He even offered to unpack for us! A fruit basket was awaiting us. Later that night (and every night), we received champagne and delicious chocolate covered strawberries. At night, you return to your room to find turndown service, Belgian chocolates on your pillow, and a candle lit on your balcony.
The grounds, pools, and beach were wonderful, as were the gardens. You also have full access to Atlantis (and private shuttle transport all day), which is fun for a bit - but trust me, you will be glad you are staying here after all the crowds and noise.
Every staff person we dealt with was great - approachable, helpful, delightful to talk to. I felt like a pampered VIP throughout my stay. Dinner at Dune was very good but not great, though the views alone are fantastic. Strawberry martini at the bar was heavenly - and the bar itself is a great place to sit with a cocktail and enjoy the view (though you will pay dearly for that cocktail). The beach was amazing - there were never more than 8-10 guests on it during our stay. I loved having the chairs set up for us - complete with a side table and plenty of water. The water was clear aqua and very calm with soft sand. Made for great swimming. We even saw a small sting ray and a school of silver fish.
This was a VERY expensive getaway for us, but we had an absolutely wonderful time and I would not hesitate to return here as soon as I can afford it again and can secure a babysitter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island