We had heard so much about the service at the Ocean Club, we were expecting a truly unique experience. Unfortunately, the property is lovely, but not worth the price.
We were in the Crescent Wing, where the rooms are nice but small and not updated. At about half the price per night it would have been fine, if the service had been better. The rooms in the other wing are much, much nicer but I believe they are also much more expensive.
Our room safe could barely accommodate what little we wanted to leave in there. It was broken when we arrived and broke again during our stay. We had requested early check in and late check out but received neither. Our butler stopped by while we were unpacking to introduce himself. He said he would be bringing us fresh fruit every day, and would check on our ice supply twice daily so that we need not worry about that - he would be there for whatever we needed. We never saw him, or heard from him again. We had to call each day to request fruit and ice, until I mentioned to the consierge that I didn't "get the butler thing." We also had to leave notes for the housekeeping staff to replace shampoo, etc that was empty. These are minor complaints, I know but ....... it's not what we expected given the marketing for the property.
The food at all of the restaurants is very good.
There was also something going on with the staff and scheduling. The first couple of days we were there we would overhear snippets of conversation outside of the fitness center, in the restrooms and even from housekeeping, ( altho there is a $5 per person per night charge added to the bill for housekeeping so I wasn't real clear about this particular complaint).
Everyone who works on the property was very friendly, and helpful when asked. Again, however, we expected more. At the pool we had to request menus every day, then had to go to the bar to order and then had to return our own trays to the bar or wait long periods for the trays to be cleared. The service was not as attentive as expected.
So, bottom line, absent some kind of major upgrade and/or price reduction, it's not likely that we will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the deep blue of an endless Bahamian sky, wrapped in the turquoise waters of an exuberant sea, One&Only Ocean Club nestles peacefully along a shore of delicate white sand beach...a treasured sanctuary of privileged perfection. With newly, enlarged Hartford Wing rooms and the addition of a new shoreline infinity pool and Ocean Grill, the resort has taken its legendary sophistication and contemporary elegance to an unsurpassed level in the Caribbean. The resort was once the private estate of A&P heir Huntington Hartford II. Today, this alluring beachfront hideaway reflects the glamorous ambiance and posh exclusivity of a grand estate, welcoming generations of the world's travelling elite. Expansive manicured lawns and towering coconut palms provide an enchanting backdrop to the pristine beaches of Paradise Island. Here, service is elevated to a fine art form by a gracious staff. Warm and inviting accommodation plus 3 and 4-bedroom residential-style villas are ideal for couples and families alike. The dining options at One&Only Ocean Club are renowned and unforgettable featuring the imaginative cuisine of chef Jean-George Vongerichten. One&Only Ocean Club is a playground for world-class golf, tennis, spa, and off property water-sports. The spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean are the elixir of Bahamian life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One & Only Ocean Club Hotel Paradise Island
- One And Only Ocean Club
- One Only Ocean Hotel
- Ocean Club Bahamas
- One Only Ocean Resort
- One Only Bahamas
- One & Only Ocean Club Bahamas/Paradise Island