“exceptional luxury”

One & Only Ocean Club
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We choose this hotel for a short anniversary trip- long weekend. The photos do not do the property justice. The service was exceptional , the rooms amazing, the pool service wonderful. The location was ideal for visiting Atlantis which is a sister resort- the OC had car service back and forth which made going between simple. Food was terrific-pricey and way more than one or two people could eat. Portion sizes were enormous. My husband and I have stayed all over the world at many luxury resorts- this one is right up there with the best. the only detraction very minor is that we tend to be low key folks-so sometimes the service was a bit much for us.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the extra expense. There is not a bad room in the entire hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleC7127

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We went to the One & Only for our honeymoon and then again for our 2nd anniversary. Both visits were perfect. The staff, the hotel, the grounds, ....perfection. Delightfully quiet and restful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sophiesmom01
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We took our adult children for a 3 night escape to One & Only Ocean Club. At first glance, it was extravagantly expensive, but they give you so much--and so graciously--that we will do this again and again! We had beautiful, comfortable rooms in the main wing. Every room comes with a butler, and there was no job he didn't cheerfully and efficiently offer to take care of. All the little details--dinner reservations, scuba diving trips, spa reservations, even calling an outside transporter to take us back to the airport--were done with a smile, giving me so much more time to relax and enjoy! The grounds are exquisite. Everything is low and spread out around their gorgeous powdery beach. At both the pool and the beach, there is a large selection of suntan lotions and up to date reading matter. My husband took a few lessons with the tennis pro and said he was superb. The spa is beautiful, tranquil and special and most of us had wonderful spa treatments. Breakfast is at their restaurant right near the beach. We had lunch there one day and dinner there one night, too. We had lunch the other days at the restaurant near the pool. The pool BTW is surrounded by exquisite gardens. My favorite touch was an evening glass of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. And everyone wore a smile!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ElleninNY
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Words can't express how wonderful everything was during out stay. From the minute we arrived at the resort and was escorted to our room we knew it was going to be a very special trip. We went to celebrate both our 3 year anniversary and my husband's birthday. When we entered our room "welcome" was "written" in palm leaves on the center of the bed, along with a balloon on each night stand; one saying Happy Birthday and the other saying Congratulations. In addition to this was a chilled bottle of champagne and a plate of HUGE chocolate covered strawberries with a note from the GM, very nice personal touch.
I'll try to make this short and sweet (if that's even possible) :)
- The Beach: beautiful, each morning Jeremiah would have our chairs, cushions, towels and bucket of waters ready for us. The whole beach staff was always smiling, laughing and very a tentative.
- The restaurants: We only ate at two of them, Dune and Courtyard Terrace, both were exceptional. We ate at Dune just about every day for lunch and it was hard to decide what to have, just mouth watering :) One of the nights we went to dinner at Dune was our anniversary our waiter knew it was our anniversary and aside from brining us two glasses of complementary champagne he had one of the waiters serenade me with "Once, Twice, Three times a Lady.." he had a wonderful voice and it was such a beautiful surprise. The best surprise of the night was when we returned to our room - there was a kissing swans towel placed on the bed with a large heart of rose petals and a bubble bath was drawn with rose and orchid petals floating on top
- The property: Surreal, just beautiful. Words can't explain
- The Staff: Our butlers were thoughtful, and always there if needed. The front desk/concierge staff, bartenders, beach, housekeeping, servers were always smiling, always said hello, laughing and seemed honestly happy to see you.
The Ocean Club is a sister property of The Atlantis - meaning that we had an "all access pass" to everything at the Atlantis. Coming from the Ocean Club to Atlantis was like night and day. I think the one and only day we went to Atlantis we came running back to the Ocean Club within 3 hours. I suppose to each their own.
One final note is that the Ocean Club has a very high end, yet relaxed clientele. Everyone was there for the same thing, sun, relaxation and pampering... it wasn't unusual to see many a "famous" person during our stay...Carol Alt, Jerry Seinfeld, a couple ESPN announcers, and some hockey players <-- that was my husband's end of the spotting... :)
At the risk of going on and on and on, I believe you get the idea of what we thought of the Ocean Club :) I hope the pictures show/tell what I couldn't explain.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our holiday in march 2011 was the best holiday we have ever had. We had very high expectations, which I worried would not be met because rarely are things as idillic as you imagine or as perfect as you would hope they to be..............but all I can say is I don't know why I worried!! Our expectations were exceeded in every way possible. The location, staff, food, rooms, facilities - well everything.....it is just truely first class.

This hotel now sets the bar in my mind for all others to aspire to be - i would give it 100% in all aspects. I am a vegetarian and I was spoilt for choice on the restaurant menus (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

We went for a week - a long way from the UK for just a week - but it was worth the long flight, and I hope to return very soon! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shakat1
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed here after a blissful stay at One and Only Palmilla. Do NOT expect the same quality or service. I can't tell you how many times we were shocked at the poor service and tiredness of the rooms. I bet I heard "yo man" from the staff 50 times. 28 dollar cheesebugers and 8 dollar cokes? PLEASE! Go to Palmilla and get pamperd and avoid this overcharging tired hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FlashM6
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I went to the One and Only for 6 nights for our ten year anniversary and could not have been happier. We actually had reservations at Atlantis but decided, after reading some of the reviews, to cancel and book here instead.

Here is the good: Service is excellent. Our butler Laterio was there for anything we needed and, if we didn't get in touch with him to make a request, he was quick to check in with us at least daily to see if there was anything we needed.
The food at the main restaurant, Dune, was consistently good. You can also request to have dinner on the beach (for an extra table set up and waiter fee) which we did at sunset one night. Tomiko Taylor was our waiter and was outstanding, even going so far as to sing a few Stevie Wonder songs which he performed extremely well.
The grounds are very pleasant and peaceful, with lots of places to relax and take in the beauty of the resort.
The hotel will shuttle you back and forth to Atlantis where you have full access to all the attractions.

Some things I would like to see improved for next time:
Parts of the main/lobby building could use some updating and maintenance. The roof has some spots where shingles are missing and the tubs in the rooms in that wing are pretty old and small.

One thing to note:
When you tip generously you get better service. If you go to this resort (or Atlantis for that matter), be prepared for the fact that gratuity is included on the restaurant checks automatically, but the staff will go the extra mile for you if they know you will appreciate it and put in a few extra bucks to show it. If you will be bothered by this, you may want to consider an all inclusive instead.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau

Been to One & Only Ocean Club? Share your experiences!