“Food was okay; selection wasn't all that”

The Cove Atlantis - Mosaic
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Bahamian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fresh concept in custom-made cuisine, this Mediterranean-influenced restaurant features action cooking stations to prepare dishes on demand, from fresh fish to churassco. Designed by Jeffrey Beers, the restaurant changes form day to evening utilizing light to play off the polished chrome, wenge wood and limestone.
Brampton, Canada
“Food was okay; selection wasn't all that”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our 1st afternoon on the property, we went to Mosaic for the buffet. It was somewhat after the lunch rush and wasn't very busy, but it WAS open so I don't understand why the selections were so limited. They were out of many items, the dessert table was barren and wasn't replenished while we were there. Honestly, it would have been better if they had just closed it for a couple hours and reset for dinner.

Having said that, the conch chowder was spicy goodness. My fellow diners really liked the coconut french toast even though the attendant was less than enthusiastic about making up a fresh serving.

I'd go again--but I'd time it better--either peak brunch time or for dinner.

• Visited October 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the better dining options at Atlantis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had both breakfast and dinner at Mosiac during our stay. Breakfast was better, but both were pretty good.

For breakfast, there is a wide variety to choose from-the standard pancakes, waffles, fruit, potatoes, yogurt, cereal, bacon, sausage, etc. There was also an omelet station and some really good ham that came with a nice honey mustard sauce. The coconut French toast was very tasty as well. The only thing wrong with my breakfast was though they brought me a carafe of coffee, when I got up to get another plate they took it away. Our server wasn't very friendly and was nowhere to be found until we were ready to leave, so I never got any more. Nonetheless, we left pretty full and didn't need to eat lunch that day.

For dinner, there was pizza, chicken, roast beef, a very nice corn soup, a whole array of cheeses, lamb, pork, salad, sushi, pasta, various sides, and some of the best roasted potatoes I've ever had. I thought the variety was very good and the quality was so much better than the Marketplace that we were disappointed that we had spent so much money there when for just about the same price we could have gone to Mosaic and gotten much better food that was actually warm. The service at dinner was very good- one of the people working over by the carving station noticed that I hadn't grabbed a spoon when I got my soup, and followed me over to our table just to bring me one. Our server was also very nice and recommended some good drinks.

If you're doing a buffet, don't bother with Marketplace. Mosiac is much better.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lizzie1712
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a must every time we take a trip to Atlantis! Great selection of foods! To die for desserts! We like the breakfast/lunch buffet the best! But dinner offers steaks and sushi!

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Worst Dinning Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Read lots of good reviews from here, so we were heading into this restaurant with high expectation. We were actually enjoyed our meals but that only lasted for the first 15 mins until we have to rush through the rest of our lunch. I never been that rush in any of my dining experiences before. The manager doesn't even care about that and they call themselves an up scale restaurant.

We got there at 2:25 pm for lunch. After a brief look around at their food stations for variety, we decided to go for it. However, no one tell us they actually close in 5mins at 2:30pm and will close down all the food stations at 3pm. If I know we only have only half an hour for a buffet, I definitely will come back another time. But no, the lady at the front desk let us in and led us to our table without even bother to warn us or something. So this is the first ridiculous thing.

Like always, we will always try to settle down our 10 months-old first. My wife is feed him and I went for my first round which is some light food. When I go out again for the second round, a staff let me know they are closing down the food stations. I made a complaint to their manager, her response was absurd.."I will give you another 5 mins". Her attitude was just trying to get rid of me. This is only my second round and my wife doesn't even have a chance to go out at all.

Instead of picking what I like eat, I just pick as much as possible before nothing left out there. Our table was filled with dishes. I couldn't imagine this is an up-scaled dinning at all. Very soon, the manager showed up at our table again and inform us that we have few mins left. I never been rushed by anyone in a dining before. My wife still didn't have a chance to go out at that point of time.

This is suppose to be a relaxing vacation and we were actually trying to enjoy dining there. Making us eat through a meal like this is very disappointing.

Disregard all that. The food is not bad but not for that price. The seating is comfy and spacious. Our waitress has been good to our baby and play with him the whole time.

• Visited October 2013
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Excellent restaurant. Expensive, but well worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We really enjoyed this restaurant. Had fantastic sushi and to top it off, had a really good rack of lamb. Few restauarants serve the variety of food that Mosaic does and even less pull it off as nicely as Mosaic did. Really nice dinner and plan to go back again. Selection at the bar is a little lacking, but the Atlantis doesnt hurt for other places to get a drink.

• Visited September 2013