“Great dinner”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were 7 people. Everyone ordered a different dish. Everyone loved their meal. Great staff and service. Definitely return

1  Thank Susan D

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Worst dining experience of our trip: rude staff, slow service, and subpar food. Was looking forward to this fine dining meal and was so disappointed. Avoid this and chose any other of the restaurants on the property.

Food: 2, Service: 1, Atmosphere: 4
Cost to worth it rating: 1
Return worthiness: NO

Highlights:
- Nice open dining room with high ceilings and light fixtures. Nice but not uncomfortably stuffy.
- Cool elevator: what you take up to the restaurant.
- Pork chop: my hub enjoyed his dish
- Manager: when I approached him about my bad experience, he listened, apologized, and immediately took off part of our bill.

Lowlights:
- Rude hostess: she abruptly said follow me when we arrived which was far from welcoming to start our evening there. In the bathroom when I was with my 7 year old son the same lady has the nerve to confront me and say boys are not allowed in the women's restroom. I said he always comes with me and he can't go by himself! She replies with well it's a problem. No sorries or bathing. I was shaken that she would be so harsh and thankful my little guy didn't catch on to what was going on.
- Kids menu: they have one and we didn't find this out until they accidentally handed us one with our dessert menus. When asked why we weren't notified before they said they only provide it when asked which is ridiculous for a family resort. Would have definitely rather ordered $15 pasta vs a $40 burger if I knew that was an option!
- Slow service: took us an hour to get our entree and they put our bottled water in a bucket away from our table but barely ever came back to fill our glasses--maybe once in the hours we were there.
- Sloppy service: our appetizer tray was dropped right before it got to us with no apologies. After we got out of the restroom, the whole hallway was filled with broken wine glasses
- Snapper: beyond fishy to the point where it was barely edible
- Grouper: fish was fine and cooked well but the soy sauce was overwhelmingly salty
- Calamari: overcooked appetizer
- Asparagus: way too charred where it was withered to almost nothing

Sad this was our last meal here but glad it wasn't our first as that would've worried me for the rest of our meals which were great.

1  Thank eak49
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely restaurant in Marina Village (my favorite). A quaint bird cage elevator to the second floor overlooking the marina. Piano bar with soft music and French menu. Pricey, but worth it.

1  Thank BarbS35
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first dinner on the island for our recent vacation. I made the reservation at 7pm for my husband and Iand we were greeted and seated right as we arrived, on time.

Our waiter did take a while to come get our drink orders, it was our first night and we had no idea we could choose the free "house water" option. This may help fellow travels as none of the restaurant wait staff presents such option, and the bottled Fiji water are $10 a piece.

As other diners have mentioned, the service we experienced at this place was mediocre at best as well. There was a lot of waiting and not a lot of talking. After spending 5 days in Atlantis and at outside restaurant, we realize that this is just the Bahamian way, very different from the U.S.

Prior to our meal, we were served a variety of bread: a raisin white bread, a simple focaccia, and an herb-infused brioche-like bun. We wished the bread were warm, but with fresh butter and flaked salt, they were all pretty tasty.

We shared the apple, pear and endive salad with blue cheese dressing as our appetizer. As you can see in the attached photo, the presentation is well done it was thoughtful for them to have pre-split the salad instead of having us do it ourselves at the table. I personally thought the blue cheese was a little overwhelming (it was just a giant ball of blue cheese on the plate rather than part of the dressing itself), but my wife liked it quite a bit.

Between the dishes, we were served a pineapple sorbet as palate cleanser, which is a nice touch.

Entree wise, my husband picked the pan roasted island grouper with mushroom broth and crispy rice. The fish itself was cooked perfectly, and the cubes of deep-fried rice added a nice contrast to the otherwise brothy and soft main course.The mushroom broth was fairly acidic, but in my opinion, it worked very well with the umami of the mushrooms (shiitake, portobello, and crimini). It may not be suitable for everyone, but I did enjoy it very much.

I ordered the seared duck breast with confit duck leg with a blackcurrant demi glaze reduction. The dish was served table side and presented beautifully. The duck was cooked per requested and very flavorful.

We were too full for dessert, but they served us a couple small bites of rum cakes, cookies and strawberry to finish.

This restaurant is romantic, beautifully situated at the Marina Village, overlooking the water with tasteful decor. However, the restaurant can get really loud during dinner.

The sub-par service is the only reason this place not receiving a 5-star from us. Overall, it is a restaurant we are willing to revisit, if we ever find ourselves back in this resort in the future.

1  Thank Priscilla T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was wonderful! Food was great and service was impeccable. Our table ordered fish and lobster, both were great. Asparagus side dish had been cooked a little too long. Chocolate souffle was amazing!

1  Thank whitney0922