“Not so Great”

Bimini Road
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2011

After touring the Atlantis hotel we wanted to try some real Bahamian food. A lady working at the Atlantis recomended Bimini Road as a great place. For starters the service is very slow, it took about 15min to get drinks, which were not worth the price. Then came the seafood platter we ordered to share, it was hard to share since it was a scoop of conch salad and maybe a couple shrimps, very dissapointing and pricey!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

For our first night at the Atlantis, we decided to have a casual dinner so we chose Bimini Road. My husband, parents, and I started at the bar where we had some awesome (and potent) cocktails. I recommend the Underseaz which has... um... alcohol and fruit juice. Honestly, I'm not sure what was in it, but it was Yummy! We were on the meal plan which covered appetizer, entree, and dessert. For an appetizer, we ordered the spicy chicken wings (awesome) and conch fritters (to die for). The fritters were like fluffy little clouds filled with conch and bell peppers with a dipping sauce and the portions for each were huge. By the time we finished the appetizers, there was not much room left for dinner. Luckily, we had a very long wait before the dinners came out. Granted, there is nothing I hate more than when you are half way through your salad or appetizer and the dinner is served, but this was a little on the ridiculous side. Please don't tell me it was "island time", I've heard it before. Also, two of the entrees came out and it was a few minutes before the other two made it to the table. That's just a disorganized kitchen. Anyway, I had the tamarind glazed ribs, which were incredibly tender and I really liked the sauce. My husband had the cracked conch which was not good at all. It was rubbery and chewy. Luckily, my portion of ribs was enough for two. For dessert (it came with the dining plan) we had the coconut sundae (a coconut filled with chunky monkey, coconut macaroons, and pieces of banana bread) and it was awesome... how could it NOT be? My mom was disappointed in her pineapple upside down cake, which actually was mango, and very dry. All in all, it was a really fun atmosphere, but the wait for the courses to come out took up our entire night. Some of the food was really great, but there were a few stinkers to the meal as well. If I had to do it again, I would sit at the bar and just have some drinks and apps.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was not impressed with Bimini Road. We went here for lunch one day and experienced fairly poor service. We had to call the waitress over multiple times when several elements of my salad were left off. After 15-20 minutes of having my food I finally had everything that was supposed to be on my plate. In the end, the food was just average, if not below. I would not eat here again. DH thought his burger that he got here was not that great either. It was dry and flavorless. They were also out of the two drinks that my DH wanted, so he had to settle for something else. I know there are a lot of folks that like Bimini Road, so I don't want to deter others because our experience could have just been a one-off, but based on my experience, I wouldn't return and wouldn't recommend Bimini Road.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Bimini Road has great food. If you go early in the evening you can usually get a seat. Remember, at Atlantis you really should get reservations for the evening meal, but if you're too busy, you simply forget or you're hungry Bimini Road is a great place. Not fancy, not formal, but very good food and fun wait-staff.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My traveling companions and I ate here twice. I have no complaints about the food. The portions are large (especially the sides) and I feel the prices are reasonable for Paradise Island. (You’re not going to get anything of this quantity and quality at The Atlantis). I have to admit, it took us a bit to get used to “island time.” Every where we went, service WAS a bit slower than in the US but...where the heck are you going anyway???? On one occasion, we dined with two children and they got their meals first and very quickly. Kudos for that! On our last night we had the twin 6 oz lobster tails and two sides. Pricey? Of course. Perfectly done...naturally! On another occasion I spoke to a gentleman (father of two) who said he and his family ate there EVERY NIGHT since they arrived. If you’re staying at the Comfort Suites (or nearby) of the Atlantis, you should give it a try.