“Perfect place to people watch”
Review of Bimini Road

Bimini Road
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Ogden, Utah
“Perfect place to people watch”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The outdoor bar opens into the shopping area in Altantis Harbor. Would highly recommend the conch salad (the regular better than scorched) and the guava duffy. Never felt rushed. Melva, our waitress on several occasions, was friendly, attentive and helpful with menu selections. The atmosphere was so great we ended up going there just about every night of our vacation even if only for a little while.

• Visited April 2011

Cincinnati, OH
“Good Food. Bad Service.”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I had the Chicken Mojo. Delish. My Husband had the Snapper. Not Awesome. Drink were way too sugary. Dinner took 3 hours. While waiting ~2hours for our food to arrive, I was prepared to drink alot, but the waiter could have made more money if he stopped by our table more than once every 30 minutes. He at least wasn't rude like many people are in Bahamas. It took about 30-45 minutes to get our check after we were done eating. If this dinner only took ~1.5hrs I'd be more impressed, but the food was way better than at the fancier dinner we had while at Atlantis. I'd go back to eat here, but not if I was in a hurry.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank macikate
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Loud”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I have gotten to the point that I hate seeing hamburgers on all menus. I am so tired of hamburgers and french fries everywhere.

With that being said, I had caramelized plantains - a side - and the fried tostones - green plaintains, pulled pork all topped with cheese. My companions has conch fritters, grouper burgers, and, of course, cheeseburgers & french fries.

Bimini Road's schtick is the percussion that they have - it is very lively, but soooo loud. I had to plug my ears. It was too much.

The magician was there last year - with the very same tricks. He is very good, but he takes a $20 from you..... My companions thought he deserved the $20 for his dexterity.

This is the restaurant that my companions go to the first night of the week they arrive.

The decor is quite colorful. The service is very friendly.

• Visited January 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Had a decent meal, fun place!”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

When we arrived at Bimini Road they had lost our reservation but still managed to seat us quickly even though the restaurant was packed. We arrived around 6pm on a weeknight. We got seated, ordered some conch fritters to start and I got a drink the waiter recommended at from the bar. When we placed our order for dinner, my spouse than asked the waiter for a drink recommendation and decided to order one himself. Our food came, but the drink never did. The waiter never came back to see if our food was ok-which it was, and we had everything we needed, so it wasn't a big deal. When the waiter came at the end, we asked him for some to go boxes, and he realized he never brought our other drink to the table. At this point, we were no longer interested-our 3 year old was ready to go-but the waiter insisted he would get the drink. We tried a few sips, started to pack up, but then when we realized we were charged the regular $12 for this drink that we no longer even wanted, I spoke up to the waiter. We asked if maybe we could pay for half, since we had a few sips out of it, but didn't think it was fair to be charged full price. The manager did not immediately agree but after some discussion she took the entire price of the drink off our bill.

Overall a good experience, the food was tasty and fresh, the conch fritters were delicious and the portions were huge!! We each had a meal leftover. Kids meal was good too. They had a photographer that came around and took pics of our family there and then tried to sell us the print at the end of the night-we passed since it was $20-but it was a nice touch.

3 Thank samantha1986
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not suitable for families”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

it is not possible to make reservations for this restaurant so we arrived fairly early at 7.10pm - we were told the wait time was at least an hour. We took our beeper. It went off twice before the hour was up so we queued at the desk and were told it must be faulty and to continue waiting.

After 65 mins we were shown to our table - the restaurant is so full, so busy and so hot as there is no air con, only one large fan in the middle. Eventually we were given some menus and my 10 year old was almost falling asleep due to the intense heat. We could not talk to each other as the noise level was so high. The food was no better than a fast food counter but very expensive.

After a very long time some water arrived, and then another huge wait and some below par food arrived. We all just wanted to go and could not get the bill fast enough.

I could imagine that some business people on a night out may enjoy the feel of this place, but I would strongly recommend against any families bothering to wait for this awful and expensive experience.