“Special night.”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Ajax, Canada
“Special night.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been here many times, but I've never reviewed. We were here to celebrate my husbands birthday and our anniversary. We had reservations because this place can be super busy. We were seated right away. Everything from our starter to dessert was superb. The service was awesome. Very attentive. We love this restaurant for a special night out. It's fairly expensive but well worth the money.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Bad”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was the first place we ate when we got there. We were very worried that the rest of our dinners would be just as bad. Service was ok, but the food was really bad.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jacquie S
“As always spectacular”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Been going since 1983; old world charm...very continental with bahamian flair..great food. In the Atlantis and I think you need a reservation as it use to fill fast by returning diners...like me.

Visited October 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Steaks are high”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

The steaks were good and tasty. Portobello appetizer was awful. Creamed corn and steamed broccoli were good. Loaded baked potato was not really loaded. Wines priced at 5 x in store price. The dishes to be shared seemed liked a better choice.

Western MA
“Excellent Rack of Lamb”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My third night at the Atlantis resort (see my review of Nobu (night two) and Virgil’s BBQ, (night one) if this one is helpful to you) I ate at the Bahamian Club, between the Beach and Coral areas.
Like all fine dining experiences at Atlantis, the price point is very high. If one comes here, expect it to cost a lot of money. There are not a lot of inexpensive places to eat on site. And every single eatery will charge you a 15% gratuity no matter the level of service provided. I just hope it goes to the staff, and not management. It doesn’t make you want to leave a lot extra, and I almost universally leave a 20% tip if the service is good, and in cash if it is better than average, when the call is mine. (Really, I have to leave a 15% tip for a walk up $10 burger at poolside, really?)
The Bahamian Club has staff in white coats, all calling you sir/ma’am and very friendly. I had no reservation, my way when not eating on must have occasions (especially solo), but they only serve appetizers at the bar, so I asked to be seated in the dining room if possible, which they did graciously. They did not rush me thru my dinner even when they started to fill up and ran out of two-tops.
My captain Phillip was gracious and gregarious, not too formal and easy with a laugh, which I noted was his manner at his other tables as well. He took my order and did read back to make sure he had it right. Everything was promptly brought. I felt slightly rushed at the beginning but not throughout the meal. When I offered to move to the bar for desert, my alternate waiter smiled and told me no worries, which I appreciated.
I had escargot ($20), shrimp duet (2 cocktail shrimp and a serving of their Club app- smaller shrimp in a ranch type dressing- $27), Caesar salad ($16), rack of lamb ($56) and coconut crème brulee ($10) along with a cocktail, two glasses of wine and a latte ($178 with tax before tips).
The escargot was entirely not special. It was fine, but I have had better, larger, tenderer and better seasoned for half the price. The shrimp was very good. Shrimp in my experience is all in the quality and cooking. These were not overcooked, a treat for cocktail shrimp. They were large, but perhaps not jumbo in size. The cocktail sauce was good but not special. The Club shrimp app with which these were paired in the Cocktail Duet, was a more generous portion in a cognac and ranch dressing sauce which was very tasty and enjoyable, served on a bed of iceberg lettuce with 2 cucumber slices in a traditional cocktail glass.
The Caesar was good, though I don’t remember any of the described focaccia croutons. Nothing special, but no complaints. No anchovies offered.
I ordered the lamb medium rare, but it came medium. I don’t send stuff back unless it is way off or it isn’t very good, so I tried it and it was fine. I let the captain know and told him to decide to let the kitchen know at his discretion. Did he? Don’t know. It was excellent, even if a little over-cooked to my order. It had lovely flavor, was extremely tender and was the best part of the meal by far. It was paired with a rice cake for which I substituted garlic mashed potato, which came with a little creamed spinach on the top and a little arugula salad. Overall it was an excellent dish.
I have a nut allergy, so they wouldn’t serve me the key lime pie (I really wanted it but they couldn’t seem to tell if there might be nuts in the shell) so I ended up with the coconut crème brulee with milk chocolate ice cream. It was very good, but the sugar crust was incomplete. Fine but again at this price you expect a better level of uniformity and excellence.
The service was very good, but not exceptional, which I again expect at this price point (asking about allergies when taking the order; does someone offer more bread before I run out; how often is my water glass refilled; is the table cleared of crumbs before major courses; making sure my red wine arrives with my entrée, not after; etc.)
I would eat there again and I really liked the staff. Food was very good and the lamb was excellent, but like Nobu the value was not outstanding.

Visited March 2013