3,116 results
All reviews east tower blue note fountain view cigar bar cafe madeleine soft opening fountain show sports book poke bowl open table conch shack sls hotel beautiful resort vat tax food truck swimming pigs resort fee
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the East tower on the 23rd floor in the 'Reserve' area with a fabulous balcony and pretty views. The property was pretty and clean; it seemed great in the beginning in my opinion...this was a 5 night planned stay and it was our first time here.

I have been a loyal Hyatt rewards member since 2007; I have had so many great experiences at Hyatt properties across the states as well as Aruba, so my husband and I thought we would try the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar for our special occasion vacation.
Sadly, what we experienced in our opinion at Baha Mar did not meet our expectations.

From the night we checked in, we had hotel employees come into our room unannounced and due to no request of ours. For example, the first night, turn down service had already been completed and we had an employee enter our room about 3 hours after check in. We sat on our balcony while the entry happened with the patio door closed which felt very strange as the gentleman looked around the room. We asked why he was there through the glass and he said turn down service -(he had nothing with him to provide us, he was on his own just looking around).
The next day, we went to exercise, and we came back to our room noticing (it is our opinion) that our belongings were rifled through – zipper pockets were opened on my suitcase and laptop backpack and things were left out of place. My clothing was shifted in my bag and it looked like someone was looking for something. Needless to say, this made us feel unsafe. I was ready to go home on night #2 of 5 due to the experiences.
The third night of our stay, I went into the closet where my suitcase was stored on the luggage rack to retrieve an outfit. When I reached into the bottom of my suitcase I noticed everything was wet. I started to pull everything out of my suitcase, and then the smell hit me. The smell in my opinion was like ammonia (I am thinking urine (my opinion only! - I still have the smelly suitcase and my soiled clothing sitting on my dining room table here at home reminding me of this experience as I wait for an investigation with the hotel). Needless to say, my special occasion has now become a nightmare in my opinion which I was afraid to leave our room for the rest of our stay at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar – not to mention that I had no clean clothes left to wear due to this issue!
To try and get some help with our problem since we were scared and a long way from home, we reached out to Hyatt Corporate who directed us back to the local Grand Hyatt Baha Mar hotel management who then came into our room (it was the assistant hotel manager and the supervisor for the ‘Reserve’ area) and they smelled my wet clothing and luggage as well as looked around, and suggested that the smell was like a ‘cleaner’ that the hotel uses – they said it was ‘yellow’ in color. It is very interesting in my opinion for a liquid ammonia smelling cleaner to end up in the base of my suitcase all over my clothing in a closet that was closed. Needless to say, we have not heard anything back from Hyatt Corporate nor the hotel itself in a week. I am not sure the liquid in my luggage and all over my clothing was a cleaner and I will not be utilizing the suitcase or clothes again. This is completely unacceptable in my opinion. I would not recommend visiting this location.

Room tip: The cost was luxury but the experience was much less than very basic quality in my opinion
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank JBL02IL
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A beautful place but the costs wear you down. I have been to really nice resorts prior, but the costs here are crazy: $18 for a vodka drink. Meals were not outrageous but tack on 15% gratuity and 12% VAT its a very costly meal.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Compass65366221429
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been wanting to go to Baha Mar since it was literally being built! I finally got there and was disappointed. I expected upscale, luxurious, relaxing experience and I got kids and lines everywhere, stressful experience.

Ok so, to start the.. property is BEAUTIFUL. However, it does remind you of Vegas a bit.

Check in -- The line was not long and check in went smoothly. However, we checked in at 5pm and the room was not ready. We were to get a text or email when it would be ready and never did. Two hours later we went down and it was ready. Check in is at 4pm. After a long day of travel you do not want to wait on a room.

Rooms -- The rooms were very nice, modern and clean. No complaints here. The housekeeping services were quick.

Pools -- KIDS EVERYWHERE. If you are looking for an adult resort...don't stay here. I wish there was at least one pool for adults. Also, the kids would have balls and water guns in the pool. No big deal until you're hit in the face with a ball while walking through the pool. Or the water gun shoots into your drink that you just got from the bar. The resort should not allow these toys in the pools OR just have one pool that allows for these. Also, this is one of "those" resorts where you'll have to walk around to luck out to find a chair to sit at the pool. There are not nearly enough chairs and umbrellas to accommodate people. You'll have to get up at 8am to grab a chair or you're out of luck. The bathrooms are very well placed and they are everywhere which is a plus.

Food -- The food at the restaurants is great. However, the service is NOT. You have to wait forever to place an order, etc. Plus everything is VERY expensive. VERY! I'm talking a 2 burger lunch with no alcohol was $80. They add high tax and gratuity to everything. I have never experienced a resort with such high food costs everywhere! Breakfast is chaos. Everywhere has lines that are very long for breakfast.

Beach -- SUCKS. There were at least 6 rows of chairs with no space in between them. Certainly not a relaxing, beautiful situation. It is like the NYC of beaches. Super crowded. Not fun. Went one time to see it and that was it.

For the cost of this resort, I would not return. If I did want to go back to Baha Mar I would stay at SLS as there are less kids, but still those prices remain...and they are HIGH!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall a great trip. We traveled with friends and everyone enjoyed themselves. We had a nice time and would go back.

The rooms a pretty, modern and clean. The beach is beautiful and there are play things in the water for the kids. There are a lot of pools, they're heated and clean. The grotto pool is great for kids and there's a zero entry for babies. It's crowded, but we traveled on a school break and expected the crowds. There's a lot of music playing. For the number of people using the pools and beach, it was very clean.

They have a private island available by ferry and it was terrific. The lunch options were nice and it was very pretty. The bathrooms were clean, there's an air conditioned area to sit. We really enjoyed the experience.

The food was very good. Dinner was expensive, but it's a resort and we thought overall the dinners were excellent. THere are lots of choices for lunch and the food trucks are a nice option. We used those almost every day. Our son had a nut allergy and they did pretty well with it. The drinks were good and from our experience, the prices were reasonable, the service was good and they had a nice wine selection.

Was it perfect, no. But, they got the big stuff right and we had a great time.

Suggestions/ Criticisms:
1. Breakfast opens at 8am. This was a first for me and was inconvenient. Not so much that we wanted to eat every at at 7am, but there's a line 10 families deep by 8am so everyone starts the day grouchy. The passive-aggressive mom fights were entertaining, but i'd rather be drinking coffee.
2. The staff is very nice overall. Some of the senior people in the restaurants seemed out of their depth. We had a couple wonderful experiences and a few very frustrating experiences. It shouldn't take 30 minutes to seat our party if we have a reservation and arrive early. The hotel's open long-enough this shouldn't happen.
3. Dinner starts at 6pm. Same issue as breakfast, several families waiting. Annoyed mom's with kids. Open at 530 to avoid the problem.
4. The served tap water is awful. Install RO water filters at the restaurants. No reason the water should be undrinkable.
5. Add a few extra ice cream trucks in the afternoon. The lines for this were way too long.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from Baha Mar and agree with what most of other reviewers are saying about the property . It’s beautiful. That’s it. The beach was so over crowded , you’re literally on top of your neighbors with tons of kids in the water monopolizing floats etc. love children but it just wasn’t relaxing. As far as check in that was so frustrating as well . We had requested an early check in months ago as well as a refrigerator in our room so we could get snacks and fruit eat. When we went to check in they said refrigerator was available but we couldn’t check in early. No big deal , we decided to take a taxi to town , get some crackers cheese eat . Spent 70 ( with tip) an about two hours going back and forth to store. Get back, no room , no refrigerator. One more thing , Hyatt emailed a week before trip and asked if I wanted to upgrade ( 15 per night) to a high floor. I accepted and paid 60 for 4 nights. Bottom line, never got a fridge , waited hours and hours to check in . We were put on 12th floor with a view of parking garage ( the email said 14 th floor and above) . My original booking said Full ocean view ,king bed , full balcony. We got the bed and the balcony. Meh . Housekeeping was good. Never waited for room or towels like other guests complained. As far as restaurants go , we had good an awful experiences. We ate at Swimming Pig twice and I liked it , nice bartenders , decent food . We ate Cleo and it was wonderful, food was delicious and our server Marcia was excellent. The last night we ate at Fi’lia. Terrible , just terrible. Weren’t greeted for a long while , finally server came over and poured oil for bread dipping and got drink order. We waited about half hour for drinks, never got water, o literally got up and went to server station and poured it myself. We finally asked someone for the bread to go with our oil . We got the charcuterie board ( at 39dollars) for an appetizer. Was fine and for dinner I got the branzino . It was delicious and cooked perfectly. It was around 40 dollars with absolutely nothing with it just fish on a plate. My husband got a pizza ( I think it was around 25 dollars) it was inedible,soupy sloppy mess. Server never came back to ask about anything . Finally flagged her down for check and she flipped it on the table . Check was 150.00 . We did not leave extra like we usually do. Again , bottom line.. will not to return .

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple