3,474 results
All reviews baha mar east tower fountain view blue note cafe madeleine cigar bar soft opening poke bowl fountain show food truck open table sports book sls hotel beautiful resort service charge vat tax swimming pigs
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Recently visited the Grand Hyatt and stopped by the casino and some drinks at Fi'lia Baha Mar. As always the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. If you ever have a chance, stop by the bar in Fi'lia and ask for Corey Rolle....excellent Mojito's!!! The Grand Hyatt is beautiful and has a lot to offer. So much so, I think it will not be long before folks forget about Atlantis and head straight to Cable Beach Baha Mar resorts!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GHBM-Management, Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the 5 stars review, we appreciate all your positive comments about our resort. We know our staff truly make the difference on the experience of all our guests. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Leaving this place with mixed feelings. Some things are absolutely fantastic, real high class. Some are mediocre and even bad. Read below if interested.

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt at the end of August through early September. We had a 4 y/o toddler with us.

The good:
- The rooms: We stayed in a 2 queen beds, with ocean view balcony. The room is mostly clean, bright and comfortable. We were somewhat disappointed from the view though (See below).
- The restaurants: We were surprised by how good the food was. We tried the Drift Bar, Cleo, the Italian restaurant (don’t remember it’s name) and the SLS pool restaurant. All were great. Pricy (as you’d see on another reviews you need to add 30% to anything you see on the menu), but good food and cocktails. The beat place for breakfast is the Common Wealth - fantastic. The service in all restaurants was excellent.
- The pools: There are about 7 pools there, our little one was crazy about them. Moving from an aquarium to a waterfall to fountain. She had a blast.
- The beach. Fantastic.
- The casino - way better than the one in Atlantis.

The bad:
- The service at the hotel is disappointing (except for the restaurants, as said above, service there was great). I think this is where the hotel has a lot to work on. To give a few examples: We asked for water in the reception desk and was told there are no more bottles available and we can go buy one at Starbucks; The concierge was really struggling to show me where the interesting downtown attractions are, literally asking me to Google them; room service “forgot” to clean our room one day, and on another day left a bottle of cleaning material next to our daughter’s bed. It was not ALL bad, we did get good service from some reps, but on aggregate, there’s room for improvement.
- The hotel is connected to other hotels like the Rosewood and the SLS. When we checked in, we were told we could use all the pools in the hotels. In one of the mornings we decided to go to the pool in the Rosewood. We put our stuff on one of the pool beds and went into the water with our daughter. We were there for over an hour, our toddler was playing with other kids, when suddenly a security guard comes to me and asks me if I’m a guest of the Rosewood (he saw the Hyatt wrist band on our hands I guess). I said we were not, and he told me we must leave. In front of my kid her friends and their parents. To be clear - I had spoken with several other hotel reps in the pool during the hour we were there (asked for direction and getting towels) and no one told me it was for Rosewood guests only. This was humiliating and frustrating (mostly to our daughter who wanted to keep playing with the friends she met). Don’t get me wrong - I’m fine with not having access to the pool. But I wish I was told about that beforehand to spare us this annoyance and our daughter’s frustration.
- We paid extra for a room with full ocean view. Well, see the pictures, I wouldn’t call it full ocean view. At the very least, don’t charge me extra for that.

The ugly:
- It happened twice in the pool. A family was playing extremely loud, explocit music. I’m talking Bose system that requires an electric outlet, not a battery operated one. They played loud music with very explicit lyrics, that don’t fit a kid-friendly place. People asked them to turn down the music but they pretty much ignored them. No one from the hotel security did anything. We just moved to another pool.

Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank BigMightyOak
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Hotel and staff was great. Food was very good. Grand Hyatt has just about everything your looking for. The only issue was the price of bottled water and snacks were ridiculously high. But, that’s minor. I really enjoyed this hotel and staff.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback about our food and our staff. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again as a guest at our resort.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

So overall the hotel is beautiful. I spent about $200 on eight (8) drinks and two (2) shots by the pool.I hate the way the person at the front desk treated me when I asked for a late check out. He was extremely rude and spoke with his coworker for about 15 minutes before acknowledging me. (one of the taxi drivers I believe)I also made requests for my room which were never honored by housekeeping although front desk agents did say that they had made requests. Overall I was note impressed with the service. I think that the staff need training in hospitality.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank tanyaosbrown
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Gorgeous property! Went for our 4th wedding anniversary without the children and it was amazing! Our first time in the Bahamas and we loved it and will definitely go back! We have been to Mexico, Cuba, Dominican, Jamaica and we both agreed that the ocean here was just picturesque and we've never been to the same place twice but we will for sure be coming back. A lot of people said to check out Atlantis but we only stayed 5 days and I didn't feel like there was a need to. There were a lot of pools including 1 with diving and a cave and waterfall and large windows to see turtles, sharks and marine life. We only did 1 of the pools for 1.5 hours and otherwise stayed on the amazing beach. White powdery sand, teal, turquoise clear water. We snorkeled about 5 feet from the water rugs and saw 2 turtles and fish. They have those large water rugs that can hold about 8 people, floaties with drink holders that are anchored that hold about 4-6 people, life vests, individual rugs, kayaks, all available to use. They have sunscreen and ice citrus water where you grab your towels. They have a lot of outdoor large washroom huts surrounding the beach and pools which are clean. They have a flamingo area, bird sanctuary where you can feed the birds, marine life where you can learn more about them and watch them being fed and pay to swim with them, art classes, movie nights, fitness classes, casino, club, shopping, tennis, kids club, and so much more!

We went into town for dinner one night (taxi was $25USD each way) and downtown once during the day (bus was $1.25USD each way but only runs until 6pm) to shop and check out the Fish Fry. Even walking from downtown to the Fish Fry the public beaches were clear and beautiful! The food is as pricey as you want it to be. We had lunches at the stationary food trucks by the beach $11-13USD for a gourmet hot dog and bag of chips or pulled pork burger with side of beans and coslaw. Dinner at the restaurants were as expected - about $45USD for a steak. If I had to choose between Vegas and here, I'd choose Bahamas for the great beach! Bottles of water were free - there were a couple in the room and otherwise you could ask front desk for more and housekeeping to bring some. The mini bar has sensors which I guess we tripped when we tried putting bottles of water in the fridge sideways because there wasn't much room but they took all the charges off - make sure you check your bill at check out. We ordered pizza delivery from a local place one night. We brought cereal and oatmeal and snacks from home for breakfast. The tea and coffee are included with a Keurig machine.

The only con was probably not being able to open up the umbrellas on the beach most mornings because it was too windy which made it REALLY hot under the sun but that's not the hotel's fault. They were just being cautious for accidents. They have a fountain show everyday during specific times. We were on the 17th floor in the West Tower and had a perfect view of it. The room was always clean and tidy. You can slide the wooden doors to have more privacy against the floor to ceiling glass window shower and toilet area. The club was nice and free if you're a guest at the hotel. There's a fire in one of the ponds outside in the centre behind the casino on the way to the beach every night with a small spot light show after. Staff was friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this resort!

Suggestion: since everything is available on the tablet in the room including information on the hotel, restaurants, services, menus, activities, guests should be able to book/reserve their restaurant through the tablet instead of having to go down to concierge each time.

Room tip: Fountain view was great
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank virgo1980

Good afternoon,

Congratulations on your 4th wedding anniversary! We are truly happy to hear you chose our resort for your celebration. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time in the beautiful teal blue clear ocean water. It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.