Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
SLS Baha Mar(Nassau)
$325
  • Pool
A Stone's Throw Away(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$222
$201
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$318
$231
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $293/night.

$240
Travelocity
$400
$340
$199
$145
$141
Hotwire.com
Ocean West Boutique Hotel(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$185
1,402 results
All reviewseast towercigar barfountain showsoft openingblue noteconch shackcafe madeleinenoodle barpoke bowlsls hotelbeautiful resortsports bookgrand openinggrowing painsswimming pigsopen tablenurse sharks
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the moment we were greeted at the airport by the Baha Mar concierge until the moment we left the hotel it was amazing. I arranged for 2 Mercedes SUVs through transportation to pick us up at the airport for 9 people. When we arrived there was only 1 waiting and we were told there was a mistake and another one was on the way. It took about 20 minutes more and we were on our way. I wasn't going to let that bring our vacation down. The drivers we had were great, very friendly, and gave us some information about the Bahamas and the Grand Hyatt on our way to the hotel.

We arrived at 2:50 and were only able to check in to two of our rooms that were ready as the other two rooms we had were lost in reservations, so it took about 30 minutes longer to straighten it out. The manager let them check in, gave them an upgrade to an oceanview room (they had fountain view room booked) and put us all on the 17th floor West Tower right next to each other. THNK YOU BAHA MAR! The rooms we had all had two queen beds and a small balcony you could hardly stand on and a slight side view of the ocean. While it was a large nice room, I expected the balcony and view to be better. And while it did stink we lost time waiting at the airport for transportation and waiting for our rooms to be sorted out I am not going to let that take away any stars from the hotel.

The hotel is beautifully amazing, very clean and huge. Walking from one end to the other takes a lot of time and some time to get used to where everything is. We didnt even see every aspect of it while we were there because we just wanted to be at the beach or pool. Every staff member we encountered from our rooms all the way down to the beach and pools were friendly, say hello and ask if you need help.

We ate at the Sandy dog for lunch (it was okay). Had coffee at Cafe Madeline (very good). Lunch at The Palms and their food was really good. The Out Island bar had salads that were good, and dinner at The Swimming Pig was excellent. We ate at the Regatta buffet for breakfast and dinner, which had great food choices and was delicious. Drinks and meals are expensive, but we knew that going there from all the reviews and expected it. The only thing I do not like is everything had to be charged to the room and our adult kids could not use cash or debit cards for food or drinks, so when you go in a group and share rooms it is hard to keep track of who is going to pay for what. That should be changed. It makes for confusion and somebody has to be able to have $250 available on your credit card for each room as a hold for incidentals plus all the food and drinks and 15% tip and VAT fee. So it adds up. Each individual in a room should be able to use their own credit cards or debit cards for their expenses.

The grounds here are amazing. I love all the different colors of the stores and places to eat and drink you see walking up from the beach to the hotel lobby. Loved seeing the live flamingos, and the restrooms disguised as cabanas were adorable and so clean. The pools were very clean and always had towels ready by them along with cold water flavored with fruit or lemon to drink and suntan lotion available to use. We loved the pool with the waterfall and cliff jumping and seeing the shark and fish tank while swimming.

We went to Bond nightclub, but one of our guests could not enter because he did not have pants on, but then saw others in there with shorts on. I get it is a nightclub, but it is in an island resort so they should expect not everyone is going to have long pants with them. There are only tables and seats for bottle service or VIP and nobody was sitting in them so the dance floor got way too crowded to dance and we left.

Every staff member we spoke with was friendly in the stores, restaurants, pools and other areas of the hotel we went to. The colored water fountain with music at night was cool to watch. The fire at night outside the casino was cool too. It was just an amazing experience all around and I would definitely recommend going here.

The beach is beautiful and we were able to get chairs with no problem. We walked to the pier there and took pictures and looking at the resort from there is just as beautiful.

Suggestion to the hotel manager is to get some entertainment here as there is no nightlife. Just the casino, bars and a pool table. They should get some live bands or DJs in the hotel bars at night like Melia has next door. We went there for a few days after we left here and their nightlife is better with live bands by their pool or DJs at night in their lobby, BUT Grand Hyatt Baha Mar hotel is much better for everything else like the grounds, food, pools, rooms and staff.

Look forward to returning again someday.

Room Tip: Be clear as to what Oceanview balcony room you book. The website shows the east tower rooms with big balcony. West tower has a small balcony
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank xoSMxo
GHBM-Management, Manager at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you had at the beginning of your trip, however we are happy to hear you enjoyed our restaurants, pools and our little paradise on the Bahamas. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we loved the many pools and pool bars and the landscaping was gorgeous. Took a complementary boat ride to a private island where Hyatt guests had their own VIP area on the beach. Very nice. Only complaint was housekeeping..needs some attendance.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank jodifrutiger

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the 5 stars review and your amazing comments about our pools and landscaping.It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked a 10 day Spring Break family vacation beginning the Thursday before Easter. I had my eye on Baha Mar for years hoping that when it opened we could give it a try. As soon as the property opened I read almost every review. I knew up front the consistency of experience varied, but every one seemed to love the beauty of the property and the beach. I convinced my family we needed to give the Grand Hyatt a try.

If we were going to stay 10 days I decided to book a full ocean view with the furnished balcony. We love to have coffee in the mornings outside or enjoy a drink at sunset.

We arrived a little after 9 pm. Upon speaking with the front desk I confirmed my type of room as was told our bags would be sent up. We had a room on the 17th floor at the very end of the hall way which. Once we entered I opened the balcony doors and was greeted by the glare of spotlights from the adjacent parking lot. There appeared to be be a bit of a ocean view - but this was not the type of room I paid for almost 4 months earlier.

We asked the Bellman to hold our bags and returned to the front desk. I found the women who checked us in and explained the room we were given was not the type I booked. She looked at her computer and then told me there were no double queens available with the ocean view . I looked her straight in the eye and asked “ Should I go home then??”. She actually had no response. I explained I had booked months earlier and it was the properties choice to give my room type away knowing we were coming. I asked to see a supervisor.

Tamara, an energetic powerhouse, emerged and asked the clerk what type of room we had confirmed. She then asked if I would be alright with a 1 BR suite in the Reserve. They could accommodate my daughter with a roll away.
I asked if they would honor my rate and she confirmed. She was professional, solution oriented and respectful of the fact it was getting late. My daughter was hungry, tired and celebrating her 14th Birthday that evening.
She made sure housekeeping got the roll away to us quickly and we were on our way to the new room.

Out suite in the reserve was wonderful! A king bedroom, beautiful master bath and spacious sitting room with space to dine. My daughter had her own space in the front powder room and there was plenty of room for the roll away.
The balcony was twice the size of our dirt rooms and the view was truly full ocean. Tamara saved what could have been a bad start to a 10 day vacation. We loved the room and loved being in the reserve.

Some of the benefits of staying in the reserve was butler service, a VIP lounge with morning coffees and pastries, afternoon snacks and Wine, beer and appetizers in the evening. We had our own concierge and front desk. Big shout out to Antonio and Yuri who were attentive throughout our stay. Honestly everyone on staff in the reserve were wonderful!

The property is truly wonderful. The pools and beaches were well maintained and clean. We were always able to find someone to assist with beach chairs if needed. The first weekend the Grand Hyatt was at capacity, after Easter things quieted down, lines and waits subsided.
I used the wonderful health club daily. It is located within spa which is also quite beautiful.

Our favorite places for lunch were the Conch Shack and the Poke Bar. My daughter preferred the BBQ food truck along the beach. Helpful Hint- the best place to get drinks are from
The Food Trailers - prices are better and the wait is shorter! We became regulars and were treated well at each.

We dined on property nightly. Our favorite by far was Cleo, which is in the SLS. The Mediterranean menu was fabulous and we ate there twice. We also dined twice at Katsuya- sushi was very good but pricey. We enjoyed the Swimming Pig for a laid back casual dinner - food was very good.
We tried Shuang Ba for a more formal Chinese dinner. The room is spectacular - food is good but again very pricey. Fil’ia was good not great.
3 Tides was a pleasant surprise for seafood! Skip the buffet restaurant....

I actually loved the property-I prefer to Atlantis with one exception.....we missed the lazy river !
I would have given it a 5 had there been a few more affordable dining options and service had been better at the pool bars.

We are glad we came and would recommend highly. The Rosewood was being finished when we left and it looked quite beautiful as well.

Tamara, you really saved our vacation - Thank
You again!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There was nothing to say except every part of the resort is exceptional! The people, grounds, service and food was exceptional. We would go back again without hesitation. I would recommend this to everyone.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank A5208OPjamesp

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as a guest and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful Resort!! Lovely, gracious employees— from groundskeepers, bellmen, security guards, housekeeping, waiters, concierges, to the management— from the second we stepped on the property we were overwhelmed by being greeted with the Bahamian graciousness at the Baha Mar Resort!! The West Tower was fabulous, food superb, all non motorized water-sports are free! Beach is beautiful with lovely service there as well as around all the fabulous pools and cabanas! Racket Club and Golf Course also on property! Cannot say enough good things about this place!! Did not want to leave!! Will go back first chance I get!! Public and private rooms lovely— beautiful tropical feel! Spa very nice !! Ground and gardens immaculate!! Flamingos — the National bird right there to welcome you with their Presence!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank beebop2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback about our groundskeepers, bellmen, security guards, housekeeping, waiters, and concierges! We appreciate your positive comments regarding the resort as well. It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.