“Closed a month ago”
Review of Stingray Adventure

Stingray Adventure
Ranked #50 of 128 things to do in Nassau
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Called to make reservations while we were in Nassau, said they closed the activity about a month ago.

16  Thank sassymomma5

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Thought I would be scared but no barbs!! Great pictures of the sting ray under water. Make sure you take an underwater camera! Take it with you on the plane, get one at walmart. They are way too expensive if you buy them in the bahamas!

3  Thank mbryant1
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Our reservation was confirmed verbally and written for the Stingray Adventure Tour. A deposit was charged to our credit card for the tour in Nassau. However, we were left stranded with about 4 other groups of people waiting for a boat that never came. After an hour of waiting and frantically running up and down the marina asking for the Coral II (the boat that was to take us to the island for our stingray adventure tour), we gave up and left. The other groups waited another half hour and eventually left.

We got up early to make sure to get to the marina early as to not miss our boat...Not easy considering we had young children as young as 2 years old. We would have given up earlier except a security guard told us that the Coral II was habitually late. It was too late to book another tour so we all stuck it out.

I contacted the BEST ON BAHAMAS TOUR COMPANY when I got home. Without any apologies at all an agent named John told me that they don't run the tour on Thursday and that it was a holiday ( Thanksgiving)......I told him that my reservation was confirmed and deposit taken. John said it didn't matter, and that their website clearly says that the tour does not run on Thursday. FALSE !!!!!!!! Their website says the Stingray Adventure Tour is offered DAILY. The company did agree to refund my deposit.

Be Careful if you choose to book your tour with this company. Better yet, just avoid them and book with another company. Clearly they want to blame you for their irresponsibility and has no remorse that your vacation plan was ruined.

11  Thank cathy d
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Was the best experience I have ever done. Beat the Grandcanyon by helicopter hands down. This is a MUST do when visiting Nassau.

3  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We signed up for the "stingray adventure" tour on our Royal Caribbean cruise. The cost was $47 per adult and I think about $39 for kids. We had a five minute walk from the pier to the shuttle boat. The boat ride to Blackbeard's Cay was about thirty minutes. Once there, we put our belongings on a chair and headed over to the fenced in part of the beach where you could get in the water with the stingrays. There were people there to help you with snorkel gear or if you wanted to feed or hold the stingrays and take pictures. It was so amazing to have the opportunity to hold one of these creatures in your arms. After about thirty minutes of playing with the stingrays, we headed back to our chairs. We went to the other side of the beach to do some swimming and look for shells. There is a bar and snack area on the beach. We got a cheeseburger, bag of chips and a can of Coke and it was $10. Some advice, there are people selling bottled water for only $1 before you get on the ferry. We got to spend about an hour and a half at the beach before it was time to get back on the boat to go back to the ship. We got on the boat at 10:30 AM, to the island around 11ish and had to be back at the boat between 1:15 AND 1:30 PM. Not a long day at the beach but it was enough time to relax. My five year old really enjoyed this excursion as well as the rest of our group. I would recommend this tour and would do it again next time I am in Nassau.

12  Thank jpatter471