Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

from $97.44
More Info
from $409.24
More Info
All reviews swimming pigs grouper nurse sharks yacht club rock iguanas day trip staniel cay boat ride pig island once in a lifetime feed the pigs final stop spanish wells sand bar recommend this trip choppy water amazing trip
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2016

We chartered the boat for the day trip to Exuma to see the pigs and our group included 3 girls ages 13 to 15. We knew the boat ride would be rather long so were nervous the younger girls would get tired of the ride but to our surprise nobody complained! The boat handles really well and the frequent stops to iguana island and Stanley Cay Yacht Club really broke the trip up nicely. Everyone agreed the Harbour Safari excursion was the highlight of their vacation in Nassau. What we weren't prepared for was how incredibly beautiful the water, sand and islands are in the Exumas. It is absolutely spectacular and something everyone should get to see at least once (and of course the pigs really made it all special!). Grouper made the trip really personal as he made sure everyone was ok and had plenty of water. Grouper also gave us alot of insight into the islands and the history behind them and his local perspective was truly priceless. We were impressed with how much Grouper really likes those pigs and brings them carrots and fresh water to drink since they get very little of that on the island. Stanley Cay Yacht Club is amazing and the food and drink provided was very good. Great trip!

1  Thank H5164WZ
Reviewed November 7, 2016

My my friends and I came to the Bahamas to celebrate my 30th birthday and we knew wanted to see the swimming pigs so we booked a trip for the five of us with Harbour Safaris. I have to say, I had extremely high expectations for this day trip, but Harbour Safaris completely exceeded those expectations! It really was the perfect day from start to finish. Grouper was so nice and made sure everyone was having fun the entire time. The boat ride was pretty long but they do a great job of splitting it up with a stop to see the iguanas on the way there, and then a stop at a beautiful, secluded beach on the way back (which actually ended up being one of my favorite parts of the day - pure bliss). And then of course, there are the pigs! We had plenty of time to swim with the big guys and even got to hold the little ones! Harbour Safaris provided plenty of carrots for us to feed to the pigs, and made sure everyone was safe and comfortable interacting with them. And lunch at Staniel Cay Yacht Club was delicious and fun. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better day or nicer people! Totally worth it and highly recommended!

2  Thank Charlotte H
HarbourSafarisLtd, Manager at Harbour Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2016

Thank you so much for your review and for celebrating your birthday with us!

Reviewed November 7, 2016

OVERALL: 5/5 stars! The day was incredible

THE BOAT: The boat ride was more comfortable than expected. You are on the boat for 60-90 minutes at a time, for a total of about 4-5 hours throughout the day. They do provide cold waters and wind breakers. The only downside is that it's pretty windy so it's hard to chat with friends, etc. It was not rocky at all, and only bumpy for a few minutes!

THE PIGS: The pigs were beyond belief. They are generally really friendly, and you are allowed to hold the piglets. You stop at the pig beach for about an hour, which is plenty of time to feed them and snuggle them. There were a few other tour boats also stopped, but there are enough pigs to go around :)

THE OTHER STOPS: The iguana island was nice, but not as exciting as the pigs. On the way back to Nassau after lunch we stopped on an island for some beach time, which was another highlight of the trip. Cold beers were passed out and we had about 45 minutes to just hang on the beach or in the water. It was the most beautiful beach we had ever seen - truly unforgettable.

LUNCH: Lunch was surprisingly delicious -- the staff was super nice, and the drinks were great.

THE BOAT CREW: Grouper (the main tour guide) was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. He made sure everyone was comfortable on the boat and having a great time.

Reviewed October 25, 2016

We spend one day with Harbour Safaris trip to Exuma. It was just amazing trip. The riding with the RIB-boat was smooth even though the sea was quite rough.
We had 3 nice stopovers and enjoyed the nice lunch at the Stanley Cay Yacht Club.
I can surely recommend the trip!

Date of experience: October 2016
HarbourSafarisLtd, Manager at Harbour Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2016

Thank you so much for joining us and for the recommendation!

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

For some reason my original post has never been posted so here we go.

We came here in June 2016 to celebrate my 30th.

We made the mistake of not booking this tour prior to our visit.
We called and tried to book and were informed that the tour only had 1 place left. We tried other places that weren't as highly rated and all booked up.

My fiancé emailed Harbour Safaris as this had the best reviews and explained that we had come from the UK for my 30th and one of the main reasons for our visit was to swim with the pigs.
We received an email back asking our weight etc.
We replied telling them that I was around 10st and my partner around 12.
We were emailed back and they said as we were from the UK was here for my 30th they would allow the extra person but that we just had to travel light.

We arrived at the tour and was greeted by "Grouper" what an amazing guy he was! Super friendly and knowledgeable and funny too. He knew everything.

The trip was fantastic!! The best thing I have ever done.
We saw the pigs and stopped off for lunch and then went to a private island.

My fiancé accidentally dropped my phone in the sea when we docked at the yacht club. Grouper thought nothing of taking his clothes and shoes off, grabbing a snorkel and diving down 20 meters passed a barracuda and brought the phone up and got a bag of rice for it! Talk about going above and beyond!

If you're considering these guys, don't think about it, just book it and book it in advance - we were just very fortunate to get on.

Thanks so much harbour safaris! We will be back!!xx

Date of experience: June 2016