“Great breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Denton, Texas
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good service on the main street. Great little breakfast place with a very friendly service and faster than the usual island speed.

• Visited May 2014

Boone NC
“Nice local place for a bite”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We visited Cafe Skans so I could try conch fritters, the one food I wanted to try in the Bahamas. The price was higher than the fritters offered at the touristy bar we passed but that was OK, sometimes you should just try a local cafe rather than a loud crazy bar. The service was friendly and the fritters were excellent.

• Visited May 2014
Watervliet, New York
“Casual lunch on Bay Street”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

It's similar to Greek-owned diners found elsewhere, serving breakfast and lunch. I ate lunch there twice. The conch chowder was fairly good the first time I visited, but I really liked the fresh conch salad and jerk chicken/pork combination I had the second time. The sharp vinegar dressing in the salad might be too strong for most tastes (not mine), although the conch was somewhat firm. My server warned me that the jerked meat was going to be spicy; and it was. Filled with the flavor of Scotch Bonnet peppers and other seasonings, I found the meal to be delicious (although with a bit too much allspice). I complimented the cook at the grill on my way out.

• Visited April 2014
leicester, uk
“Pancakes yummmmm. Souse?”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Keep out of McDonalds, Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts when you visit Nassau.
Blueberry pancakes & crispy bacon. Delish. Chicken souse, didn't look appetising but a lot tastier then it looks. If you're feeling daring and want to dive in to something Bahamian, give it a go.

• Visited April 2014
Minneapolis, MN
“Simple local food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We wandered into Cafe Skans to try some local food instead of the cruise ship fare after our day spent in Nassau. The restaurant was clean and there were only a couple other diners when we went. We ordered the mahi mahi and the conch fritters and a couple of beers. Service was pretty quick, and the food was simple but fresh and very good. I wish in hindsight that we had tried the conch in another dish or two, because it is such a popular local ingredient. The fritters were so tasty, but it was hard to really pick out the flavor of the conch in them.
The meal was not very expensive and made a delicious lunch. We will go back if we are ever in Nassau again.

• Visited January 2014