“Not bad”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This wasn't a bad stop. I was trying to find some conch fritters and somebody told me I should go here, so I did. The communication wasn't great though. I asked how many I got in an order and was told 5 or so. So I figured it might not be enough to fill me. So I went with a second item. Then the fritters came out and there were like 10 of them and they were bigger than originally told. Though not by much.

The fritters were decent, as was the Bahamian fried chicken I got. However, I had a lot of wasted food because I couldn't eat it all and I ended up spending more than I had wanted and didn't finish. That communication issue made my stop not the greatest.

I'm not sure if I would stop here again if I'm in Nassau again, which I hope to be.

The location is excellent, though. And, to be fair, the food came out pretty quickly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off you stand around waiting for some one to seat and serve you , but the owners are too busy barking at the staff to let them do their job. When the food does come its far from what you are expecting for the price. Stick to the other spots this one is a miss

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Cafe Skans was a real find after strolling down the Main Street looking for something tasty..it does not disappoint. Very helpful and cheerful staff, lovely selection food from salad to spicy. All at very reasonable prices. It was very clean, airy, air conditioned and comfortable. Cannot wait to go back for the pancakes!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

You can't go wrong at Cafe Skans. My husband and I first ate here in 1986 and it is still the best. You must try the pancakes. I've been trying to break their recipe code since we got back. Not at all what we expected. Spiced wheat pancakes flavored with what I believe is almond extract, cinnamon, allspice etc, they are amazing! My family of 4 agree that they are the best we have ever eaten. Oh yea try the key lime and carrot cake as well. This place services really food from scatch.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

i stayed at atlantis from july 19th to the 21 to celebrate my daughter and husbands birthday. Food at atlantis is very expenisive but a short ferry ride away you can go downtown near the straw market and there are many different resturants. I asked locals and cab driver on route to atlantis from the airport where are some good resturants and they all said Skans was good. It was good and the servers were very nice. I would reccommended for anyone staying at atlantis to leave resort for food one night at resort at market place was good but very expensive