“Was good”

8:00 PM
Ranked #58 of 345 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Actually this was the best place we ate and also the sls pool food. Every other place we ate was not good, especially the Italian place was awful. Anyways the food was great and consistent and service was good. The only reason I did not give five stars is because they are overpriced. It’s expensive especially with vat and service. But it’s worth coming to because it’s the best place we ate for dinner. We ate here twice. Once for lunch (bento box) and another time for dinner.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

We vacationed at the Rosewood Baha Mar in January and unfortunately our experience with most of the restaurants that week was very poor. Not only was the food marginal at best, the service was extremely hit or miss (with many more misses than hits). The one very notable exception was Katsuya. We had an excellent meal, but it was the service that really made the difference. Our servers (Tyrese and Julian) were so incredibly friendly and really went the extra mile to make sure all of our needs were met. We highly recommend this restaurant and hope that you are fortunate enough to be served by Tyrese and Julian.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

We went twice out of 3 nights. Food is really good. I prefer the small plates and sushi over the entrees. Ask for a table outside . It’s nicer there. Get the spicy tuna crispy rice . Make a reservation ahead of time.

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

I visited at about 9pm and the restaurant was busy. I sat at the sushi counter. It took about 20 minutes before anyone came over, then the food arrived before my glass of wine. When it did, it was a huge sushi plate designed for a whole table ($105) when I was clearly just one person. I had ordered the chef sushi selection for $45. The restaurant did not charge me for what arrived at least (I only ate about 1/3 of it). The quality of the food is good but they need to get the service right - perhaps the traffic of people from the casino is so high that they don’t believe they need to!

Reviewed April 2, 2019

The wait staff didn't seem to care a less about us, we were in and out in about 40 mins. All the dishes came out pretty much at the same time. The food was very average, yet expensive. The standard service charge almost guarantees mediocre service, they really do not seem to care.