“Food was average, restaurant experience poor”
Review of Katsuya Baha Mar

Katsuya Baha Mar
Reserve a Table
Fri, 4/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #62 of 340 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I will start by saying our waitress here was really nice and great - which believe it or not was not the norm at Baha Mar. The food itself was also decent although definitely overpriced. The meal itself was not executed well - my entree came out a full twenty minutes before my husband’s meal arrived. When my husband’s meal finally did arrive, it was the wrong order. Don’t go here expecting a great dining experience.

1  Thank Can2107

Reviewed March 14, 2019

No sense of urgency for the staff to seat us and then after taking our drink order they seemed to disappear. Once we sorted out our expectations for service, it was much better. Sushi options were strong and the various hot fish options good too. Cocktail menu left a little to be desired. Dessert was excellent. So where it counted (entree and dessert) Katsuya delivered.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 11, 2019

We were seated promptly and service was fine - but you could tell there was better staff than others and ambience is nice.

We started with the brussels which were just fried leaves and not whole or halved which was strange - more like a kale chip with a ton of salt - barely edible.

We also had the shishito peppers which were also so salty that it was really hard to eat and same with the miso bass - tasty but just salt galore.

Finally we ended with two rolls which were actually pretty decent an the drinks were good.

This place definitely needs to work on the heavy handed salting.

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Terrible service, lousy food , our appetizers came out minutes after we ordered. Beforthe wine and drinks, no one had a clue how to appropriately serve people a meal. Had to ask for clean plates between courses, didn’t bring any silverware to eat desert. We spoke to the manager on duty and he didn’t seem to have a clue how to appropriately deal with a customer with a legitimate complaint having a bad experience in his restaurant. He Didn’t even offer to comp us a drink or any of the meal to try and make things right. And did I mention the food wasn’t any good either!

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Went there for dinner this year and was not so pleased. The restaurant is extravagantly decorated and designed which i liked however the waitress i had wasn’t. I Complained about something being in my food and she lied to me about the thing in my food being eatable when I know it wasn’t. When I mentioned it to the other waitress she said omg why didn’t you say anything. However I called the manager and he l was super helpful.

If you like sushi it’s an awesome place to visit but is far to overpriced and the foods not that good in my opinion.

Date of visit: January 2019