“Excellent Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We really enjoyed our dinner.The restaurant is very pretty. The service was good. I ordered the linguine with lobster, and it was delicious! I would recommend it! My husband also ordered a pasta dish,which he also enjoyed.The restaurant was expensive, but I really enjoyed my meal. I would go back again.

Visited January 2014

calgary
“Saturday night dinner”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We decided at the last moment to try and get a reservation at this popular dining spot, we were in luck and got our wish.
On arriving we had to wait a few minutes before being shown to our table, we were given the choice of sitting inside or going into the beautiful garden, we decided to stay inside.
Our server promptly brought the menus and we chose our wine, we then perused the menu, deciding to share a salad and then we chose two pasta dishes. The salad was brought very promptly, a bit too quickly for me but that is better than having to wait ages. Our pastas arrived and the food was brought on warm plates and the pasta was hot and tasty. My dish was the special of the day, I would have preferred a couple more prawns, there were only four in my dish which was a little disappointing for the price, but other than that the dish was very nice. We then decided to have some coffee and this was again very nice as it was served with some house made biscuits.
The service is always excellent here and the restaurant is overseen by the owner and his front of house staff making sure that everything reaches their high standards

• Visited December 2013
Moncton, Canada
“Charming”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

tried this on a recent trip and the food, though a bit on the expensive side was very nice.
I DO think they shouldn't shove early diners in the back rooms, holding the "prime" places for local dignitaries and or celebrities. We could have been finished before 7:30 as we were tired and arrived early for our reservation. However our server was attentive without being too stuffy, he laughed with us and made us feel welcome.

Visited January 2014
Long Beach, California
“Disappointing to say the least”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We chose this restaurant because of so many excellent ratings, celebrating my wife's birthday. We had high expectations since we have eaten at the best restaurants all over the world, from Asia to Europe and the Americas. We got water and bread as soon as sat down, butter was nice and soft, but the bread was cold, should be warm. My wife decided on the special of the evening which was scallops, shrimps on a bed of spinach, I had the linguine with a lobster tail. I am not sure why all these reviews were ranting and raving about the food, it was mediocre at best, flavors were ordinary, nothing special or a Bahamian twist, linguine a bit overcooked. We told the staff about my wife's birthday but there was no acknowledgement of any kind. We decided to pass on the dessert since we were already not impressed with the meal or the waiter. This is the first and last time I will ever visit this restaurant again. I find it ridiculous that there are so many 5 stars, at best 3, and because of the above, I gave this a 2 rating, which is quite accurate. Kudos to the bus boy who brought the water and bread, and was consistent keeping the water glasses full. I owned a 300 seat gourmet restaurant so I am speaking from experience. In addition, my younger brother is a Regional Chef with McCormick & Schmick's restaurants in the USA, and has been an Executive Chef for 36 years.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank roydio1948
Athens, Ohio
“Expected much more”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I really liked the room and since this was the top rated restaurant in Nassau I expected a lot more out of the food (although I should know better). The parmesan terrine appetizer was very good, strong flavor profile and nice greens to compliment it B+. My wife's eggplant parmesan appetizer was mediocre, the eggplant was rubbery because it was not cooked enough or it was not ripe enough (either way I would not have served it) and the scamorza cheese and the sauce had little flavor C+. My daughters lobster salad w/ hearts of palm,avocado,grapes,cherry tomatoes and fresh spinach in a citrus sauce was much better once I seasoned it but the lobster still had little flavor but was tender B-. To be fair lobster is usually disappointing even at the French Laundry or Per See. My entree was Hogfish w/ tomato caper sauce, snow peas and sweet potatoes. The Hogfish I had at the Poop Deck a couple days earlier was much better(and I recommend going there but for that only-nothing else was close to being good) , it was delicate and had a great flavor-this did not seem like the same type of fish and was underwhelming(it was fresh and not bad flavored just a bit overcooked and under seasoned) but the skin looked like Hogfish. The tomato caper sauce was bland, under seasoned with very few capers or caper flavor. The snow peas were over cooked and boring and the sweet potatoes were ok,overall the dish was a B- at best. My wife's spinach gnocci in a gorgonzola walnut cream sauce was our best entree, gnocci was tender, the sauce had flavor, could of used more than 3 small pieces of walnuts but a nice dish B+. My daughter's Pappardelle pasta w/ shrimp in a peppercorn sauce was decent but not exceptional- the shrimp had flavor B. This was not a bad meal but Nobu the night before was much better and Jean Georges restaurant Dune for lunch was also much better. The service was excellent.

• Visited January 2014