All reviews mahogany house lyford cay boutique hotel small hotel spa products great bahamian special shoutout choose this hotel lovely hotel rooms are spacious booked this hotel per night pool area shima bamford gym cupboard
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

I’m just returning from my first trip to the Bahamas and couldn’t be more refreshed. The Island House was even more beautiful in person and the exact type of relaxing experience I was hoping for. The attention to detail in the design of the hotel did not go unnoticed - from the luxurious bathroom to the complimentary bug spray in the room, every need was accounted for. Khambrel & Kent at the front desk were so kind and attentive when giving local recommendations and the entire staff at Shima was amazing.

If you find some time to pop over to the spa, I HIGHLY recommend the Rose Upper Body treatment which includes a back scrub and face massage - Penny was so wonderful that I think I fell asleep at one point I was so relaxed.

Oh which reminds me - they use Bamford Spa products in the room and they smell amazzinnggg.

A quick note that my AC did shut off in the middle of the night two of the nights that I was there, but it’s not really a true Caribbean experience if you don’t lose power at some point or experience a power surge so I’m not deducting stars for that, it was out of their hands and they were pretty swift to address it.

If you go to Shima, here were some of my fave things:
- spicy margarita
- Thai mojito
((They’ll make your drinks togo which was a nice option as well))
- spicy tuna crispy rice
- short ribs
- salmon ponzu sashimi
- chicken & crab salad

I can’t wait to come back soon!!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank HiLynzie
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We had a wonderful overnight stay at the Island House. The room was fantastically well presented with lovely furnishing and the bed was really comfortable. It was also very quiet, especially considering it was an easy $25 taxi ride from the airport. There isn't much to do near the hotel - it is in a quiet part of the island - but the restaurant at the hotel was not too expensive, with good food and generous portions. Didnt have chance to try the cinema, but what a great idea!
Can't wait for our imminent return visit!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank markej
Reviewed April 27, 2019

A nice secluded hotel on the west side of the island, love the fact that it is away from all the tourist traps. They even have a private cinema on the property! Amazing staff all around but I have to give a special shoutout to Demeko @ Shima. I don't know what he told the chef but I had one of the best burger I've ever had in my life. Definitely coming back for more!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric_Vico
Reviewed April 17, 2019

I loved it. Staff very friendly and helpful. The property is very well maintained and located in a safe quiet location.
Worth every dollar and I will be going back to the Island House. If you like lamb chops, then the Mahogany House (on the property) will be the place for dinner.

1  Thank Ivan M
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

A last minute find with some help from the universe it seems. We couldn’t ask for more. Obviously it all depends on your requirements, but if it’s serenity you are seeking, then look no further. Everything is as it should be for a hotel of this description, simply put, the marketing doesn’t lie on this occasion. We can’t fault the room, pillows, bedding, towels, bathrobes, the list goes on. The food is wonderful, the pool is an oasis, everywhere is immaculate and the on sight team can’t do enough to make your stay easier. I think it’s fair to say, we rate this place very highly :))

Trip type: Traveled as a couple