“Very good”

Andros Grill & Native Dishes
Ranked #130 of 350 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed January 28, 2019

Within Nassau airport there are not many dining options - Wendys. Thats about it.
Getting to other places in a cab is expensive. If you come out of the airport building and look across the road and carpark you will see a blue shack like building. 1-2 min walk. This is Andros run by Miss Saunders ( I hope I have that correct). We were not sure about the place but had been told it would be good. A word of warning if you ask one of the taxi drivers to point it out they will try and convince you to not go, and go in a taxi somewhere else. They wanted the fare.

This is a very no nonsense place with a lovely lady who will serve you some excellent food. We had the fried chicken with rice and peas and the chicken curry with rice and peas. Our kids 11 and 13 loved the curry. It was mld but flavourful. The rice and peas were great and I do like my rice and peas. 3 meals was $30. She told me it was open 6am to 4pm

It has wooden benches with a little shade. If you have a connection and need to eat and want to be out in the open then this is a good spot to get a bite to eat. Don't let the look put you off - it is typical good Bahamian home food from a shack restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed November 21, 2017

It is a cosy corner beside nassau airport, it is hard to belive that so many varieties of super delicious food comes from that small hut, I have gone there quite a few times and never get disappointed with taste, I love it & can't wait for my next trip!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed May 18, 2017

Ate here while waiting for flight to Andros. What a pleasant surprise!.
Sitting under shade mid-day with a Kalik and eating her fresh fish with sauces,
One of our party had the Curried Chicken which I got to sample. Gentle heat, surprising mild flavor that lingered
Don't miss it if you have a layover at airport

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed April 2, 2017

By far the most authentic bohemian food we had on the island, fish fingers grouper were phenomenal, the snapper out of this world we ate at this place,twice , pork chops all the sides outstanding. Price was half the cost of the food in Nassau and double the portions . Go where the locals go and eat happy

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

Located within 50 feet from the airport doors across the parking lot. This place beats the alternatives inside the airport hands down particularly Wendy's. Excellent home cooked meals at a fair price. My wife had curry chicken while my son and I both enjoyed the BBQ ribs. All the meals were delicious. The portions were generous. We paid $25 for all three of us.

Lots of seats. Enjoy the outdoors.

Date of visit: February 2017