“Can you say awesome!!!!”
Review of Island Smokehouse - CLOSED

Island Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Found it by accident and had the place to ourselves. It was great to sit outside along the water, nice view of the cruise ships. The food and service was awesome. Went back again on our last day but they were closed, that was the only disappointment. Prices were moderated compared to out resorts. Go and ask for Mervin.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Vistied downtown Nassau and stumbled upon this gem. Loved the rustic table and chairs on the deck. You can't beat the view of the harbor and cruise ships. It's beautiful. Our waiter was wonderful. Very informative, friendly, helping with suggestions and even turned out to be a good photographer for us. The food is wonderful. I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich. Delicious. My fiance had BBQ Chicken with Mac n Cheese. Both dishes were wonderful. We were telling every taxi driver to recommend this place. They haven't been open for long and keep trying different items on the menu to see what works. I can tell you it all works. Definitely a must when you vist downtown Nassau. One of our favorite meals while visting.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had dinner here and loved the view of the harbor and Paradise Island. The drinks were great. The food is good and the service was awesome. We loved the down home type BBQ mixed with Caribbean flare. I think this is a must try in Nassau.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Opened Nov 2013. Been there twice as it's close to our apartment. Menu is somewhat limited (could change in future) but the food so far is good as is the service though not tested with a full restaurant. The outside deck has a great view of the Cruise ships and Paradise Island. Wife liked the ribs and loved the corn on the cobb as well as the fries (me too). Good selection of sides (I have had fries, coleslaw, onion rings - all good). I had the Jerk Grouper and it was spicy but good. I also had the 1/4 bbq chicken and that was very tasty.