“A beautiful, warm, welcoming unique haven from the world”

Marley Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
UK
“A beautiful, warm, welcoming unique haven from the world”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

We stayed here for 5 wonderful days and 4 delightful nights in November 2009. From the moment that we first walked in the gates there was an air of welcome, peace and kindness around the resort. Although we would have been quite happy with any of the rooms, we were extremely fortunate to have our stay in the Royal Rita Suite, which was not only tastefully decorated but had the most glorious views over the ocean.
The rooms were cleaned well every day, fresh towels when ever we needed them and with a fridge in the room we were able to make ourselves a late night snack to eat on our stunning balcony.
The meals we ate in the restaurant were delicious and far surpassed many other meals taken on the island, in particular the steak that I had for dinner was divine.
As someone who has stayed in many 5 star resorts worldwide I would thoroughly recommend the Marley Resort & Spa as an excellent destination, there was nothing generic about the attention and amenities that we received. I am sure that the photos and the memories of this visit will keep me warm though the long winter months. Thank you for a wonderful stay, hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
LazyAbbotts
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My boyfriend and I JUST returned from a 4 night stay -- literally walked into our home an hour ago -- and I couldn't wait to write a review! We LOVED this place. From the moment we arrived the staff was EXTREMELY friendly and attentive; they remembered our names and parts of conversations we'd had...for instance, we told Patricia where we went for dinner most nights and she made a point to ask about it the next day. At this time of the year it was SO quiet, and EXACTLY what we were looking for! There were only 2 other couples there while we stayed. The resort was clean, impeccably decorated and gorgeous. The beds were incredible as well -- we spent 1 full day laying in bed watching the flat-screen TV...it was heaven! We fell in love right away and we were very sad to leave! We had lunch and drinks at the bar one afternoon, and breakfast one morning (we ate at other local places other times), but the 2 meals we had there were excellent. The food and prices were fairly matched.

I just cannot say enough about this Resort. I almost don't want to write too much because I want this little gem to stay a quiet, small, uninhabited piece of paradise :)...but it's only fair to rave about it because it truly deserves it. If you choose to stay here, you will NOT be disappointed!

Mary & Max

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LazyAbbotts
Malibu, California
Reviewed September 23, 2009

My daughter (17) and I stayed 4 wonderful, relaxing days at this terrific boutique resort property. From our greeting upon arrival, to pool-side service and the upscale dining experiences... Everything exuded style, class and sophistication without being pretentious. The grounds are spectacular, rooms beautiful and the superb service is Caribbean style--unhurried but pleasing. Spa has the same beautiful decor and low-key Caribbean style but extraordinary services and masseuses.

This resort is for those of us wanting peace, serenity and service...The hustle & noisy, mega-resorts and energy of Nassau is just down the road. (In fact, we continued our stay in the Bahamas at that which has no name :) You can see my review for that property also.)

One of our more enjoyable moments is starting a mini-trend of dragging the comfortable lounge chairs into ankle/calf deep water for tanning. If you want the unhurried Caribbean style combined with superb atmosphere & service...Three little birdies and a natural mystic blowing at the Marley Resort and Spa

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank SanMo
san luis obispo, ca
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is abosilutly the very best place I,ve ever been to in my life. The staff was very accomodating and friendly, always had a smile on their faces. The grounds was amazing. The food was fantastic. I loved it an am planning to returen in November and as often as possible there after.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank calvarez
San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 11, 2009

For the area, it’s a nice hotel, but I certainly wouldn’t go back to this place. Cable Beach isn’t quite what we were expecting. We had envisioned a nice quiet, expansive beach—it’s quiet, definitely, but going for a walk down it will take you approx. two minutes. You’ll have to get in your car and drive somewhere if you want a nice beach for snorkeling or anything else.

Although the rooms are spacious and nice, I would not pay the money to stay here again. If I were going to the Bahamas again, I’d pick one of the out islands—this area is simply run down and overpriced. Whatever activity you decide to do, expect to pay a lot and feel disappointed.

The staff is not particularly friendly, though they aren’t rude and do provide some assistance when asked, they certainly don’t go out of their way. The concierge was somewhat helpful and available. There’s supposed to be coffee ready at the outside patio every morning at 8, but I wouldn’t count on it. Most days we had to go hunt someone down for it and when you do get it, it’s going to cost you $10 a pot. The food is good at the hotel but expensive—but honestly, everywhere is expensive so it’s not any more expensive than any of the nicer restaurants in the area. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel that comes every 10 min. or so up until early evening, so that’s a great thing to take advantage of to go into town or to the ferry to go over to Paradise Island.

If you go on a snorkeling cruise, avoid Barefoot Sailing, the one that the hotel recommends—the guy who runs it is angry and a huge wet towel. It is entertaining how odd he is and how he lectured guests about various things, but I can imagine some might not want that kind of entertainment on vacation. The lunch sucks—he BBQd chicken/ribs and there was so much kerosene on it my husband and I were burping kerosene for several hours (I’m not sure what would have happened if we were around an open flame :o) The snorkeling is okay but he makes you wear little waist floatation devices (I’ve been on dozens and dozens of snorkeling tours all over and have never had to do that, sure, it’s offered for people who want them but not mandatory) which is kind of a bummer if you like diving down (and of course he lectured us about touching the reef which is common knowledge for anyone who snorkels).

Bottom line: don’t waste your money on a vacation here at this hotel. The articles and press for this hotel led me to believe it was going to be a great little getaway but I’ve never been so disappointed and spent as much for a vacation I enjoyed so little.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CritiquerCA

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

England
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My husband and I travel a long way to celebrate our honeymoon in Bahamas. Went we got to hotel there it was ok except for a bit dust on furniture. The room was nice but the television did not work. When we arrive we took lunch in the restaurant we waited hour and half for food that was not taste well and cost too much. We ask for ice cream but you did not have. We wanted a massage but no masseuse or masseur for two times, awful. I was very disturb when I got to the pool there were lots of children playing and toys and clothing were scattered every where. The hot tub was running over. Not what I espected. the toilet at the pool was untidy and not attended. the morning we had breakfast and the food was not properly placed on the plate. they did not take off the linen we use to have the beds change every day when we travel to five star hotels.

The night when we return the television was not fix. It was OK. The lady at the desk moved us to another room. In the morning we got thrown out off the room. The lady said that we had to move back because a very important gueest , " Mr. Marley" is coming to this room. My husband was upset because we paid more than 500 us dollars for one night and were on the honeymoon. Why did they kicked us out for the "owners" I thought this was nasty and not accomodating. My mother is the editor at "Bertrand Vancances" this is French travel magazine. I can't wait to tell her. I tried to call her from the room the the telephone does not work. We check out and spend a few days at the Atlantis . We should have stayed there the entire honeymoon. This was a total disaster. Except for the nice people always smile and greet. Only two beach umbrellas, and you have 16 rooms. We don't mind paying but it must be nice and worth it. We had to buy soap????We got one when we arrive and one bath I was finished we ask the housekeeper she said that we can get it tomorrow we just arrived.

Very pretty furniture and nice view for the beach room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank maxmax72
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Upon your arrival the reggae music puts you into the mood for the relaxation you so do need. We immediately felt at home, with the staff who are so genuinely caring. The beach is very private and has the beautiful white sand. The staff knows your name, it is a small property and a smile is always a greeting. We played backgammon, drank plenty, ate wonderful food, and had breakfast on our patio each day. I have been a visitor to Nassau for many years, and this is my favorite place to stay, and I would recommend it to all of you who like to have a special place to get away from our busy world we live in.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Compass Point Beach Resort
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Sandyport Beach Resort
Sandyport Beach Resort
#3 of 37 in Nassau

Been to Marley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!