Just returned from the most incredible vacation at Compass Point! This was my first time to the Bahamas and I wasn't sure whether to go for the all-inclusive, action-packed type of hotel (like Atlantis) or a quieter, smaller place like Compass Point. I am SO HAPPY I chose Compass Point because it was truly everything I was hoping an island get-away would be, and then some!
The location and grounds of the hotel were breath-taking, the staff was delightful, and the restaurant and bar were just delicious! I enjoyed several Bahama Mamas from the bar (highly recommend!) and found there were many vegetarian options for me, which was a huge plus.
I traveled with my parents and we stayed in a 2-BR Elevated Sea Hut (room 106). It was absolutely stunning and it was a great set-up for a group of 3, as they had their own bedroom and bathroom and mine was just down the stairs. The bathroom for the 2nd bedroom is kind of funny - it is an outdoor shower (there were walls around it, but it is kind of like a hut) and the toilet and sink were in a little room just a few steps away from the shower. I didn't mind that set-up, but it might not be for everyone. On the 3rd day there, the staff noticed a very small leak in the roof of my bedroom and took it upon themselves to offer to move me to a larger, separate elevated sea hut (room 118), which was a huge unexpected bonus! It showed their attention to detail and excellent customer service. Having experienced both rooms, I would highly recommend either to any guest considering a trip to Compass Point.
We took a bus into the downtown Nassau area, and it was VERY busy, touristy, and there were aggressive street vendors that were a turn off to me. I have to say, after going to other parts of the island, I was even more appreciative to get back to the beautiful, serene, gem that is Compass Point! True relaxation and serenity. I would give it 10 stars if I could!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Compass Point is a 1.5 acre celebration of bold imagination. Its 18 huts, made up of two-story cottages and single cabanas, glow with vivid Junkanoo colors. It is the perfect choice for guests who value simplicity, comfort, creativty and romance. Its restarunt is one of the few in Nassau where you can dine overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Compass Point Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Beach Hotel Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau