“This is where you want to be!”

Compass Point Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Just returned from the most incredible vacation at Compass Point! This was my first time to the Bahamas and I wasn't sure whether to go for the all-inclusive, action-packed type of hotel (like Atlantis) or a quieter, smaller place like Compass Point. I am SO HAPPY I chose Compass Point because it was truly everything I was hoping an island get-away would be, and then some!

The location and grounds of the hotel were breath-taking, the staff was delightful, and the restaurant and bar were just delicious! I enjoyed several Bahama Mamas from the bar (highly recommend!) and found there were many vegetarian options for me, which was a huge plus.

I traveled with my parents and we stayed in a 2-BR Elevated Sea Hut (room 106). It was absolutely stunning and it was a great set-up for a group of 3, as they had their own bedroom and bathroom and mine was just down the stairs. The bathroom for the 2nd bedroom is kind of funny - it is an outdoor shower (there were walls around it, but it is kind of like a hut) and the toilet and sink were in a little room just a few steps away from the shower. I didn't mind that set-up, but it might not be for everyone. On the 3rd day there, the staff noticed a very small leak in the roof of my bedroom and took it upon themselves to offer to move me to a larger, separate elevated sea hut (room 118), which was a huge unexpected bonus! It showed their attention to detail and excellent customer service. Having experienced both rooms, I would highly recommend either to any guest considering a trip to Compass Point.

We took a bus into the downtown Nassau area, and it was VERY busy, touristy, and there were aggressive street vendors that were a turn off to me. I have to say, after going to other parts of the island, I was even more appreciative to get back to the beautiful, serene, gem that is Compass Point! True relaxation and serenity. I would give it 10 stars if I could!!!!

Room Tip: 101-104 are the smallest rooms right next to the bar and pool...I would avoid those ones. All rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Meg H

Reviewed August 8, 2014

One of our best vacations ever! My husband, daughter and I stayed at this remote gem for 5 days and had beautiful beaches and a fun resort almost to ourselves. Went to downtown Nassau for part of a day on one of the many area busses and couldn't wait to get back to the unspoiled tranquility of this beautiful resort. I've never written a review before, but I HIGHLY recommend Compass Point for a unique and memorable vacation!

Room Tip: Each room is unique, but at least one had the shower/bathroom outside from the bedroom hut that you...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Paula H
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I held out wedding at Compass Point this past July (2014) and we can't say enough good things about our experience. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the food delicious, and the staff was wonderful. The ceremony was held on the pier, which made for a wonderful, 'not the typical beach setting', backdrop. The cocktail hour was help in the gazebo, which was filled with benches, couches, and chairs. Dinner started on the sun deck, but between the appetizer and mean course it started to rain. The resort staff was very quick to pick up and move everything into the restaurant with barely a hitch in the evening. Their responsiveness was greatly appreciated. Maybe of the places we visited in Nassau were run on 'island time' aka, very slowly, Compass Point was NOT one of them. The food was fantastic, we even returned a few nights later to have dinner off their regular menu, which was also delicious.

Thank you Anita and staff for helping to make our wedding fantastic! I really can't say enough good things about Compass Point.

Room Tip: A perfect place for a wedding
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank zeubeegirl5
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I had a great time for the four nights we stayed at Compass Point Beach Resort. It is less than 10 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes to town. Taxis are generally vans and cost over twenty bucks to ride to town, but buses are just bigger vans and cost under two bucks for the same ride. Take the buses, it is safe and can be fun. It is not the party place, but quiet and peaceful, which is why we chose to stay there. I did not want to stay at the Atlantis area or anywhere near the town. There are only 18 bungalows/rooms and each one is feet from the water. If you turn off the air conditioning at night you can hear the ocean from your bed. The grounds are very small, but clean. The place attracts nice people. We made several friends while there. At high tide there is not a beach in front of the resort, but you can still walk down some steps and swim in the calm water, or walk right past bungalow 13 and down some steps to a wonderful beach right next to the property and walk for miles. The pier is picture perfect and great for jumping off of into the ocean. The food was good, but the service was a bit slow. Nadia is the best waitress on staff. She is the most outgoing and moves the fastest. Breakfast is included with your room, but not gratuity. It seemed that every restaurant we ate at in the Bahamas automatically included gratuity of fifteen percent, so please leave more if you get great service. If you get the privilege to have Aneeka at the front desk when you arrive you are blessed, because she is the most friendly and helpful with any information you need to know about the resort or the island.

For the owners - a few minor notes for improvement:
Please get new cushions/pads for the lounge chairs.
Please keep the band's volume on Thursday and Saturday turned down low.
Have all the wait staff trained by Nadia and and the front desk staff trained by Aneeka on how to improve their customer service.

Overall.......I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to my closest friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank D K
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed At Compass Point last month for several days with my Wife- had such a memorable stay, I am writing my first TripAdvisor review!

Service was TOP NOTCH from front desk who helped us locate tennis courts, to the general manager, Seth, who made us feel at home from check-in to check-out.

Kudos to the kitchen - every meal was great - Try the fresh fish dishes!

The resort has resident cab drivers - always on time - front desk agents have great suggestions for activities

Love Beach - the resorts private beach is picture perfect -

Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaribTennis
Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you are overnighting in Nassau Compass Point is only 10 minutes from the airport .
Fun bungalows and a lively restaurant. On the water, but not a great swimming beach.the pool is fine.
Great place to have lunch or dinner if you have a long airport connection
During the busy season there is a 2 night minimum

Room Tip: There is nothing else close to this hotel No shopping No museums
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Valerie A
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a total of 3 nights. Reason we stayed here were based mainly of great reviews here on TA. I have been staying at a lot of hotels the recent years and I have some comments about my stay here at Compass Point.

First the reasons for actually staying here:
- Nice area! Laid back atmosphere and away from the "Las Vegas" hazzle at Paradise Island.
- Local bus just by the hotel gate.
- Ok small beach! Snorkling and swimming. Nice pier!

BUT (and I hope compass point reads this)
- Dirty pool with bugs, dirt and trash in it. Used and dirty pool towels from guests wasn't picked up by the staff, often beeing there for days.
- Dirty and old sun beds. Some of them were really gross.
- Receptioinst was rude and lazy. Asked here several questions regarding my stay and about the island. I felt like a burden asking question. Not professional!
- Good food in restaurant but way to long serving time. Had beers here one of the nights. Had to go to the bar to get beverages. The waiter was never around. When the bill came they still wanted 15% gratuity?
- Dirty and gross outside restrooms. Shards of glass on the floor for days and lights out in the stall. The paper towels were empty for 2 days!
- The resort has gardeners cutting grass and grooming flowers every hour of the day. This is great, but why not get the pool deck, lounge and hot tub in better shape? These are the things the guests actually used!

All in all: this is a beautiful place, but the staff and owners of this place has to go through their day to day routines in order to make it great!

Stayed: July 2014
27  Thank Flipcider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Sandyport Beach Resort
Sandyport Beach Resort
#2 of 36 in Nassau
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Been to Compass Point Beach Resort? Share your experiences!