Just returned from a 4-night stay at Compass Point and we so enjoyed it. We were in hut 118: ocean front, could see the pier from our balcony as well as the pool area and of course the stunning ocean views. While this property might not be for everyone, (they are huts!!!) it was great for us for this trip: we were looking for a relaxing time, lounging by the pool, beach walks, etc. We enjoyed the small resort atmosphere; all the staff were so friendly and accommodating. Our porch/balcony overlooking the ocean was so relaxing, and hearing the surf and waves crash at night was awesome!!
We ate all of our meals at the on-site restaurant which was great!! A breakfast credit is included in the rate; you just choose from the breakfast menu which had several good options. I will write a separate review for the restaurant.
Suggestion: Based on a tip from Trip Advisor, we ordered beverages and some fruit thru FoodStore2Go.com. What a great move!! Our box of waters, mixers, and fruit was in our room when we checked in. Would highly recommend taking advantage of this great service.
We enjoyed a bus ride to the downtown and Cable Beach areas one day, which confirmed we made the best choice to stay at Compass Point. Hubby enjoyed snorkeling around the pier, etc. We enjoyed a long walk on Love Beach on Friday and pretty much had the beach to ourselves; it was more crowded on Saturday and Sunday. The rocks are just part of nature; it's unfortunate tho that there is much glass from broken beer bottles that washes up w. all the seashells,etc.
If you are looking for slick/shiny contemporary resort, you won't enjoy this. But if you are open to quiet, funky, and personable, something different from the chain resorts, definitely book at Compass Point. If we are ever back in Nassau, we wil!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Compass Point is a 1.5 acre celebration of bold imagination. Its 18 huts, made up of two-story cottages and single cabanas, glow with vivid Junkanoo colors. It is the perfect choice for guests who value simplicity, comfort, creativty and romance. Its restarunt is one of the few in Nassau where you can dine overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Compass Point Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Beach Hotel Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau