We spent four nights here in early February 2013. We had high expectations as this was the number one hotel in Trip Advisor in all the Bahamas. While very cute, this is not up to the standards I would expect of such a rating. In fact we spent two nights at Tiamo on Andros which was far superior in nearly every way (food, service, accommodations).
On the positive side, we did not hear any real road noise from our ocean-side villa which we had feared. We did hear MANY airplanes as the airport is very close and the flightpath is nearly right over the resort. This did not really bother us. Sitting by the pool was wonderful with comfortable chairs and a spectacular view.
On the negative side, the beautiful colorful paint was peeling on our villa and the light fixtures in the bathrooms and porch had as much rust as chrome. The only shampoo we had over the 4 days was a bottle that looked as if it was left by the previous guest. It did not match the nice Aveda soap or conditioner and had been partially used. The final disappointment was the food. It was what I would call OK bar food. Certainly not what I expected given the press about the chef. We asked for the fish of the day and were told there was not any for 3 of the 4 days we were there. We asked about the "soup of the day" and got the same response every day. Our one meal at a fish shack on Potters Cay downtown was the best meal of the 4 days.
Overall, a nice place, but not exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Compass Point is a 1.5 acre celebration of bold imagination. Its 18 huts, made up of two-story cottages and single cabanas, glow with vivid Junkanoo colors. It is the perfect choice for guests who value simplicity, comfort, creativty and romance. Its restarunt is one of the few in Nassau where you can dine overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Compass Point Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Beach Hotel Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau