absolutely suggest going all out and getting the elevated sea front hut. the sound of crashing waves, the view of the ocean & the privacy make these huts worth it. we stayed in mid october, 2012. hurricane sandy snuck up and cut our trip short but no worries. the resort is very laid back, the bar and restaurant have amazing views of the ocean and sunset. the breakfast is included with your reservation and was very good. the huts were clean and had a great beach vibe. very chill and relaxing. no frills but that's what makes it special. the resort grounds are nice and the maid service was prompt. the front desk was nice enough when helping us understand the logistics of getting to paradise island or booking tours. the airport is extremely close, from taxi to resort, no more than 7 minutes. you do hear the airplanes overhead and coming in to land but did not bother us at all. love beach is right next to the resort and accessible via a walkway behind last hut - def take that walk. there is no beach really to sit on but there are lounge chairs near the pool that overlook the water. the hammock at the end of the dock is heaven. again - go for elevated beach front hut and you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Compass Point is a 1.5 acre celebration of bold imagination. Its 18 huts, made up of two-story cottages and single cabanas, glow with vivid Junkanoo colors. It is the perfect choice for guests who value simplicity, comfort, creativty and romance. Its restarunt is one of the few in Nassau where you can dine overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Compass Point Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Beach Hotel Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Nassau
- Compass Point Beach Resort Bahamas/Nassau