I came here for a few nights with a good travel buddy of mine a couple weeks ago and had such a great experience. Everyone here was friendly and the service is exceptional. (HI PATRICE!!)
It's a gorgeous property and you definitely come here to get away from the tourist-saturated, cruise ship monstrosities that make up downtown Nassau. We used this hotel moreso as a transit/stop over point due to its proximity to the Pindling Int'l Airport. It's literally a 3 minute drive away.
Each of the rooms, our deck, and the overall property has so much charm and character! Very very clean, safe, and roomy. What more could you ask for. The pool is so-so, but if you want to go in for a quick dip, it's in a nice little grassy/grotto area.
The only hiccup is the beach access. You can be driven free of charge by the hotel's driver about 5 mins away to a private beach (Love Beach) that costs $5 to access. Otherwise you can walk down the street and get to the beach from West Bay Street. The beach here off the road is definitely accessible, but I didn't feel too comfortable laying out or going for a swim, just because it's literally off a main road. But I did see a few people enjoying the reef and water here. It's just up to you.
Overall a really great experience and would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the west end of New Providence lies an exquisite hideaway. A STONE'S THROW AWAY is perched on one of the highest elevations by the coast. Here our Guests can indulge in a rare panoramic view of Nassau 's land and sea. The scenery boasts the best of the island's natural wonders, from the native pine forest by Lake Killarney to the brim of the coral reefs that protect the glimmering beaches of west Nassau. The property was recently built to echo the traditions of an old Bahamian home: wood floors and wood ceilings, louvered shutters and a large wrap around porch bring the visitors back to a quieter time long ago when the music of the islands could be heard in the whispers of the trade winds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your A Stone's Throw Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Stone`s Throw Away Hotel Nassau
- A Stone's Throw Away Bahamas/Nassau