“Good food, good prices”

Cuisines: Bahamian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My son and I were wandering around Nassau after getting off the cruise ship. He was cranky and hungry, and I had heard about Fish Fry. We talked to a couple of people who mentioned Twin Brothers and maybe Andros, along with Curly's. I asked about catching a bus, but the barber we spoke to said we could walk there.
It took about ten minutes from where we were. We had already walked up and down a lot of streets. We passed many stands at Junkanoo Beach, but it was Sunday, and many were closed. I like to eat at those type of places, but we kept walking.
The area of Fish Fry is a sidewalk of restaurants, one after the other. It was a little overwhelming, but at least I had names to look for. We looked at the menu for Twin Brothers, but we didn't want to spend that much. The sign at Andros was weird looking, so we went past it. At Curley's, the guy outside offered us a free drink with our meal, so we stopped looking and went in. At first we were the only folks visible, and I was a little hesitant, but folks started rolling in almost immediately. We ordered conch fritters and split an order of broiled grouper with macaroni (mac and cheese) and peas and rice. This was the first time my 12 year old had tried conch, and he loved it! He really like everything else too. The mac and cheese was very good, not bland or salty. Our meal was about $35 w/drinks (non-alcoholic) and tip and we were very happy. We would return.
Our walk back to the ship took about 15 minutes, and Junkanoo Beach was nice to look at. I like watching the little kids playing in the water.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We flew our seaplane from Andros just to eat here -amazing food, friendly owner and staff. And ladies - they have a restroom in the restaurant, so you don't have to go outside to the Fish Fry bathrooms. We'll be back

N6267K - Shelby & Henry Ruzakowski

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is by far the worst place I have ever eaten at!!

The owner himself will try to sweet talk you into this place with his free Bahama Mama's - don't buy into it. The place has a foul odour as soon as you walk in. This should have been our first sign. The service was terrible and the food took forever to come. Did I mention the place doubles as a shady gambling racket upstairs?

I felt so bad after eating the food that I couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day.

One word on this place... GROSS

1  Thank B D
Reviewed October 19, 2013

16 Hibiscus Way, Cable Beach

If you are ever in New Providence ask a taxi driver to take you to the Fish Fry. While there go to Curly's for the best seafood on the islands, yes islands. If you would be worried about your safety, do not worry. While my fiancée and i were there, we sat across from an assistant to the United States Ambassador for the Bahamas. The food is simply Awesome......

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Fish Fry is full of local flavors & taste, but Curlys was by far the best! Instantly when you walk in your ears fill with the great Bob Marley. The music made our experience, a delightful back ground noise! You feel like you're in tropical paradise and this is all before you even taste the delicious food. The fried conch I tried at a few spots at the fish fry, but Curlys had the best. A plate of fried conch, peas and rice, macaroni and some coleslaw made my food heaven life. Not only was the food delicious the whole setting and atmosphere was good vibes. The people an owners are extremely down to earth friendly people. Go to Curlys!