Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Tru Bahamian Food Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Tru Bahamian Food Tours
from $77.28
More Info
from $88.48
More Info
All reviews captain ron our tour guide great tour greek salad food stops food tasting the conch chowder bahamian cooking highly recommend this tour local cuisine bahamian history experience nassau wealth of knowledge rum cake an excellent guide booked this tour three hours
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

Visiting Nassau on a cruise can be difficult. Time is limited and the area around the port is packed the typical souvenir and tourist shops. And the excursions make me feel like I am part of a cattle herd. My wife and I wanted to have a more unique exprience so we were excited when we found Tru Bahamiam Food Tours. The foods was awesome, especially the steamed chicken, mac and cheese, rice and peas, conch chowder, and lime beverage. Beware of goat peppers (they are optional)! They are totally spicy. The portions were sizable and by the end we were full / staisfied. We also learned a lot about the Bahamas to boot! The whole tour took about 2 1/2 hours and we had plenty of time to do a little extra exploring before getting back to our ship. The walking was easily and the starting / ending points were within a couple of blocks of the port. There were a few steps but otherwise the walking was no big deal. The guide was awesome (I think his name was Will). My wife and I (and the other couple that joined us) loved the Tru Bahamian tour. All of us agreed that it was one of the best experiences of our entire vacation.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Captain Ron is entertaining as a guide, & the food is delicious! We learned so much about the history of the Bahamas, & I finally got my fix of many ways to experience Bahamian cooking. Truly a highlight of our trip!

1  Thank NashvilleLove2travel
alanna r, General Manager at Tru Bahamian Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hey there! We love hearing that you enjoyed every bit and every bite of your food tour with Cap't Ron. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and future travelers to Nassau.

We hope you enjoy re-creating the Bahamian recipes at home until you return to our islands for a second helping! Be sure to look us up when you're back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ventured around downtown Nassau with Captain Ron to learn more about the island as well as taste the specialty foods they serve in the Bahamas.
Captain Ron, our tour guide, was great and I was impressed with how much he knew about each place we ate as well as the island in general.
Overall, the food was great, the history was great (I’d say have your child be at least eleven or twelve though), and the ambiance was beautiful. My family and I learned a lot and will be recommending this to people who would love to know more about the Bahamas!

2  Thank ella_b_reviews_

Thank you, Ella! We so appreciate your review and recommendation of our Bites of Nassau Food Tour. It sounds like you had a marvelous time with Cap't Ron and learned lots about our favorite local food and drink. The wealth of knowledge of Bahamian history and culture a plus when touring with our team of passionate local guides!

Please come back to the beautiful Bahamas when you get the chance! We'd love to have you again and introduce you to even more satisfying tastes and tidbits.

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

We had Captain Ron as our tour guide and it was the best experience of our whole trip. We were staying at the Hyatt for a group function all inclusive, but we decided to venture out and try something new. Captain Ron was so funny and taught us soooo much amazing history. The places we went to were beautiful, breathtaking, spectacular. The food was phenomenal as well as the drinks. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the Bahamas. Thank you Captain Ron, you are awesome : ))

Reviewed June 2, 2019

Our group of 18 people met Captain Ron for the food and walking tour while docked in Nassau for the day. We had an amazing time with him! He was informative, the food was great and our entire group (ages 17 to 58) enjoyed the history, scenery and cultural information that Captain Ron provided. Very well organized and exceeded all of our expectations!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 24, 2019

This tour has been a conversation in our house with our friends and family on a daily since my husband and I returned from our vacation. Not only was the food amazing it was very culturally educational. I highly recommend this tour to anyone who loves to eat and drink and likes to learn about the history of the island. My tip for you is to wear good walking shoes because you will be walking to all the stops on the tour.

Date of experience: May 2019
alanna r, General Manager at Tru Bahamian Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Aww, "MamaTgermany" we love hearing that this tour left a lasting impression on your group of foodies! I'm glad that you all continue to think of your recent Bites of Nassau Food Tour and our beloved Bahamian cuisine and culture with reverence. Hopefully the recipes we shared with you all can be pulled out of the hat when you're ready to impress dinner guests with the flavors of The Bahamas.

PS: great advice on the walking shoes! We do cover just over 1 mile in total, so comfort is key.