“Wonderful experience!”

Land N Sea Park Tours
Ranked #64 of 121 Tours in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: Skip the huge crowds and spend the better part of the day exploring the best kept secrets on the island.Travel back through time as you learn about the Loyalists, Pirates and African Slaves! Explore the park, beaches, wetlands and so much more! Then it’s time to plunge into the turquoise waters for your Snorkelventure! You can skip the snorkel and enjoy beach time on a quite, serene beach at a national park or meander at your leisure through the park trails, excellent for bird watchers. Bring your camera! Other tour available please check the website for more details.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our first cruise, first trip to the Bahamas, and we could not have found a better treasure than Jodi and this tour! All the prior reviews were absolutely on target, and we learned so much regarding Bahamian history and culture. Our first ever snorkel experience was fun! Jodi was so patient and probably had a few laughs along the way - but we were able to all (boys 9 & 12) get comfortable in the water and saw some great sights! Jodi was very flexible, and when the water was a bit rough on our initial attempt, she quickly made alternative plans. We really appreciated her detailed tour and environmental awareness. At the end of our cruise the boys both voted that Jodi's tour was the best part of vacation (she managed to outdo Mickey!!). Since, they have been asking to return to Nassau, quizzing each other on facts, and re-enacting Bahamian history :) Thank you Jodi!!!

Visited April 2013

Mobile, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome except for oil spill”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our tour guide Jodi was very nice and exceptionally knowledgable about the history, culture and politics of the Bahamas. She rates 5 out of 5 stars. The beach at the park had the potential for great snorkeling. We entered the water and saw quite a few fish, but shortly after, we swam through an oil slick from an oil unloading facility located down from the park. Jodi was extremely apologetic, and upset about the situation. She said that an organization had been established to try to promote better regulation of the industry. Jodi would not accept any payment due to the oil slick. She really cares about her guests experiences. We would like to try the tour again in the future.

Visited April 2013
LandnseaBahamas P, Manager at Land N Sea Park Tours, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for this review. Most people would think we are crazy to ask our guests to write a bad review! But this is important to us! The park's closest neighbors are a power plant and an oil refinery. I am told that the leak that morning was caused by not properly evacuating the pipeline that brings oil to the refinery from an offloading ship. The current caught the leaked oil and brought it down to the beach we were using that day. Although this does not happen all the time once is bad enough.
We believe this is a unique tour because it is not just about snorkeling we weave in the unique challenges that the Bahamas faces, the environment, history, culture and the way this affects our country and its future.
The marine life have no voice and I feel it is our duty to speak for them. I am so glad that earlier in our tour I did spend time talking about this and the inherent problems and pressure it creates on the marine environment. Also you did mention that you were from an area that was affected by the oil spills in the Gulf years ago, so I know you understand the issues this creates to environment and local industries.
Currently in the Bahamas there are no regulations that specifically deal with overseeing oil exploration (even though this is going on now) and leaks in the Bahamas. The Coalition to protect Clifton (www.protectcliftonbay.org) are currently pressuring the government to implement new laws immediately. Its unfair that these big oil companies to do not maintain international standards in small countries because they have big money and so much power.
Suffice to say until these issues are resolved we will not be using that beach for snorkeling. The alternate spot we will use for now is just as good for snorkeling and has a couple of surprises as well.
Even though I had no control over the leak, I do have the ability to lend my support in this fight to alleviate this problem and you can too by lending your support. I would encourage anyone that reads this to please sign the petition www.protectcliftonbay.org.
Finally I would like to say, it would be my pleasure to host your family again on this tour and hopefully we would be celebrating new regulations in the Bahamas! Happy Earth Day (April 22)!
Milton, Massachusetts, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“FABULOUS TOUR”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Jodi made our tour exceptional!
She is so knowledgeable of the Bahamas.
Her appreciation and love of nature, her island + her people made it an enjoyable heart warming tour.it was a wonderful memory of the Bahamas to take home with us.
I would definitely recommend this tour.
Loraine S
Boston

Visited March 2013
Ladies thank you for this review! It was truly a pleasure taking your group on tour last month. I should have paid you for this tour your energy and comedic timing made my already easy job all the better. I am so happy when I encounter guests that come to the Bahamas multiple times and can still find something unique to explore even on this island. I am looking forward to our tour next year and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with our new additions to the tour.
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour and an awesome tour guide”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent a week at the Atlantis resort at Bahamas and out of the entire week, the half day that we spent on this tour was the highlight of our tour for me and my family. Jodie, our tour guide was excellent and all the reviews posted are indeed true. She has a wealth of information on all kinds of topics. Jodie clearly loves her country and what she does and that reflects through her talk on history of Bahamas. She was very patient with both my children, and was very helpful during snorkeling with us who were snorkeling for the first time. I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone who wants to get away from the crowded tours and a small private experience.

1 Thank SSS2013
LandnseaBahamas P, Manager at Land N Sea Park Tours, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Patience is the key! I love what I do and I enjoy sharing this past time with others, especially children. So if we have to spend a little more time getting everyone ready, its worth it because I know the end result is a good time for all! Snorkeling can seem daunting at first especially if you are not as experienced in the open ocean. In fact most people don't realize this, but you do not even need to know how to swim to snorkel because the snorkel vest keep you afloat. Once you get in and start seeing the fish your family just like many others forget your reservations and just have a good time. That is why we prefer snorkeling from the shoreline so you can stand up if you are not comfortable and get the hang of it instead of jumping off a boat into deep water.
It was a good day! Your kids were fun and I am glad I had the opportunity to share some of the history of the Bahamas. They remembered quite a lot but that was probably because we told them their was a pop quiz on the journey back! Thanks again.
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Educational and Adventurous”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our tour guide Jodi was great! I was on a trip with my 8 and 10 year olds, the trip was not just educational and informative but it was also a lot of fun. The kids had a blast and loved all the adventure. I would definitely recommend this tour.

1 Thank k b
Thanks for the review! Your kids were great! I am happy the kids had fun climbing, swimming and snorkeling. It beats climbing unreal rock walls any day! When we can share the underwater experience with children it is a good thing (especially if it's their first time). It teaches them to be comfortable in the water and respect the marine environment. Thanks again.