“The best way to go.”

Sunshine Tours And Transportation - Private Day Tours
Ranked #55 of 128 Tours in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience The Bahamas Your Way with Personalized Taxi Tours And Transportation Services!!!When you sign up for a tour with us you'll be enjoying the company of one of our most experienced tour guides as part of the bargain.Sunshine Tours And Transportation Tours and Attraction Services is your source for exclusive transportation services in The Bahamas. Whether you're traveling by yourself or in a group, we customize our services to meet your specific needs.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I were set to Cruise to the Bahamas so rather than pay for the expensive shore excursions I started researching and found Sunshine Tours and Transportation. I was traveling with my mother and my two teenage sons who have never gone to the Bahamas before and I really wanted them to experience the Island as much as possible. We scheduled our Tour in advance with Sharmeka who met us earlier than expected, she was very warm, personable, knowledgeable and professional. We were able to shop safely, stop by and pick up some Rum cake :) and eat some fresh conch salad while learning a lot about the Island. My family and I really enjoyed every minute of it and we would highly recommend Sunshine Tours and Transportation for anyone who is planning of visiting the Bahamas. This was the best way to go for us.

1  Thank Realestatebroke... G

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I arranged for a private tour of Nassau with Sharmeka for my group of 10 ages 4 to 70. She was great and we found fun things to do for all. Comfortable van and excellent knowledge of Nassau and the sites we visited. Great value when compared to cruise sponsored excursion.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ported in Nassau on May 20th, 2013 and set up to meet Sharmeka. I was in contact with her via email beforehand and was a little scared she wouldn't show up since we did not pay in advance. I was WRONG! Not only did she show up on time, but was in the exact location she told us she would be. Me and my husband have 3 small boys ages 18 months, 3 1/2, and 6. Sharmeka took us throughout the island and was very knowledgeable about Nassau. We ate at twin bothers, watched a conch show and ate it... It was delicious!!! She took us to Queen's staircase and there we met ANTONIO "Tony" who told us the history of Queens staircase. This dude is hilarious and also knows his stuff! Ask for him and make sure to give him a few dollars for his history lesson and entertainment. Sharmeka was very helpful with our boys and even held their hands to cross the street. She treated us well and took us to places to see how life is there. I promise she won't disappoint you! She's amazing!!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had arranged for a private tour in Nassau during our Port stay April 16th.2013. There was 5 of us and we were so pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Sharmeka Smith from Sunshine Tours & Transportation. She was prompt, her directions on where to meet her were perfect and she greeted us with a warm smile. She drove us thru town pointing out all the Parliament Bldgs Governors Mansion, The Queens Staircase & various homes and neighborhoods, giving us much history of the Bahamas, (very informative.) She had a great sense of humor, her driving was safe and considerate. We then visited the caves, The Atlantis Resort, the Rum Cake Factory, The highlight for me was stopping by the Local Fishing Port where we watched the Fisherman make us FRESH ceviche for us!!! It was AMAZINGLY good!!! Again, she was very informative, fun to be with, I was sad that we didn't have more time for a longer tour. I highly recommend the Sunshine Tours & Transportation Co. and most certainly our lovely Tour Guide Sharmeka!!!!! You will not be disappointed!!!

1  Thank T H
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked Sharmeka Smith for a four hour private tour around Nassau for me, my husband, mom and dad for Friday, May 10, 2013. She was very quick to respond to all of my correspondence answering all of my questions and concerns and providing all of the details for meeting us that day. We got off the Carnival Fantasy and followed her directions and she met us exactly where she said she would and on time. Her vehicle was clean, air conditioned and comfortable. She wore a headset, which made it very easy for us to hear her very clearly. This was particularly helpful for my father, who is hard of hearing. She was so helpful, patient, and sweet with my parents (my father has COPD and my mom has had total knee and hip replacements). She took us to places I'm sure off the beaten path of other cookie cutter tours. We saw all the typical tourist sites of Nassau, as well as the lower, middle and upper class residential areas. We went to see conch opened and cleaned and ate the freshest, most delicious tropical conch salad. She took us to the Queens Staircase where we met Antonio who was such a charming guide and so informative. What a character he was! We saw Fort Fincastle and also went over to Atlantis and saw the lagoon, the million dollar chair and went into the casino. Sharmeka took us to the Twin Brothers for a delicious, authentic Bahamian meal. We invited her to eat with us and she helped us order and we enjoyed dining with her and hearing about her life on the island. She also stopped by a beautiful beach for us to put our toes in the water and get some gorgeous photos. She stopped to show us different plants and flowers and told us how they were used medicinally. The tour was the highlight of our cruise. We almost felt we were leaving a friend behind when she dropped us back to the port to get back aboard the Fantasy. If you have the opportunity to book a private tour, I would highly recommend Sharmeka Smith and Sunshine Tours!!!!!!!

1  Thank ComerRC