“A definite must-do!”
Review of Self Drive Boat Adventure - CLOSED

Self Drive Boat Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Would you like to captain your own adventure? Then join us on Self Drive Boat Adventure for 2.5 hours of breath taking scenery and a boating experience unrivaled world over - No experience necessary. Follow your professional tour guide for safe family fun with historic views of the Nassau Harbor and a chance to stop at one of our secluded beaches, accessible by boat only, where you can spend time relaxing on the beach, wading in the clear blue waters, or snorkeling along the coastline (Mask and Snorkel provided). Tours operate daily at 9:30 am and 1:30 pm. See you aboard captain!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a great time driving our own little boat (no experience necessary). It was loads of fun and compared to the cost of other excursions, it was well worth the money for the amount of time you're out. You weren't packed into a boat and you had the opportunity to explore the area by water. We even got to see the homes of all of the rich and famous on our way back. Our guide was wonderful. He was very friendly and constantly watched us and made sure all was well, so you felt very safe. While this attraction doesn't pick you up at your hotel, you can hop on a 10 bus for $1.25 per person and get dropped off right outside. Would definitely do this again next time we are in town and definitely recommend (we actually did while we were still in the Bahamas!).

1  Thank AngelaL104

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Got out of work early Friday and a few of my friends felt like doing something different for a change. I called up the tour and was able to book two boats so easily. Upon arrival we where greeted by a knowledgeable guild that educated us on a lot of things we never knew about Nassau and Paradise Island, we hopped in the boats and took off on a two hour unforgettable excursion, being able to drive your own boats was so awesome and we pulled up on a secluded beach to snorkel. We saw a lot of aquatic life included lobsters, a giant puffer fish, barracuda, and a baby nurse shark. I highly recommend this tour as a way to see Nassau and Paradise island from the water in your very own boat. Oh and yes they go FAST!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked this excursion for our last stop of our cruise, after I read the great reviews on this site.
David on the phone was extremely friendly and I was impressed with the fact that if the weather is bad they will not charge you, as safety is there #1 priority.It was an absolutely amazing experience, my husband and 15 year old daughter had huge smiles on their faces the whole time. Our guide Bally, was amazing and always made sure we were Ok. The spot for snorkling was peaceful and quiet. I would definetly recommend this to everyone and would do it again if I return!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was an unplanned excursion. We just happened to stumble upon the building while walking around town. What a great find! We loved the idea of driving our own boat. Also, not having to share space with a crowd of people was heaven. Back to the tour...They give you plenty of instruction and keep an eye on you so you never feel unsafe at any point. You get a nice tour of the harbor, cable beach, famous people's house, etc. Then you stop at a private beach for relaxation and snorkel time. The guide is great at finding sea-life most of us swim right by. The guide brings plenty of water. All you need is plenty of sunscreen, towels and maybe a snack or two. The price was great. $159 per boat (up to 3 people). The boats are clean and in good shape. We were very happy we found this tour. I made for a great day.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was planning a snorkling trip to love beach. But after reading reviews about how the #10 bus doesn't always come around often so just to be safe side I decided to book a snorkling trip with a local company. This place had the best reviews out of all the places that offer snorkling tours and be really nice to drive a boat around the island for some photos and stuff. I tried calling the 2 phone number listed on their website but both did not go through. It was my last day here so i decided to book the trip at their office in person. They only offered 1.5hr trips that day instead of the usual 2+ hrs mentioned by people and website. Everyone there was extremely friendly and helpful. But the trip was a bit disappointing. We followed the captain about 2-3 miles west (not their usual snorkling spot), showed us couple interesting areas around there and went snorkling in a very small beach on a secluded island nearby. After 30+ minutes of snorkling, we only saw few fish hanging close to a rock (6 different species at most), we saw more fishes snorkeling at cabbage beach close to our hotel. I can see how this trip be perfect if we were in a good snorkling spot. Captain told us its a bit windy and was for safety concerns, it was about 10 mph winds which was not bad and it's about the average wind during the 5 day stay I was here. I can see the captain was trying the make the best of the situation but if I knew this trip is like this, I would not book it. The people there were very nice and I know they will try to make the best of any situation. I still don't know why they didn't take us to their usual spot but this trip would have been perfect if we were taken to a good snorkeling spot. My suggestion for anyone trying to book this trip is to check with them first to see if they are taking u to their usual snorkeling spot. Like I said, this trip could have been perfect but I guess I was at the right place at the wrong time. I would give them another chance if I ever come back to Nassau.

1  Thank Stirs25
dbethel, Manager at Self Drive Boat Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Stirs25,

We are very happy you decided to choose our tour while you were in Nassau and hope that you will visit again when you return. We appreciate the kind words you had about our team here at Self Drive and we we strive to make sure everyone has the best time possible! Unfortunately, we can not control the weather and your safety is THE first priority when we go out on a tour. Thank you very much for your words and we hope to have you out on our normal tour next time in Nassau!

The Self Drive Team