“great experience”

Bahamas Food Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a day of cooking, eating and drinking in true Bahamian style. Prepare a 4 course Bahamian meal in this intimate hands-on cooking class.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Belly Full class was one of the best cookery lessons that we've ever done. You get to feel like a local while learning to cook local favorites in a truly authentic setting. I've done the courses in the commercial class setting and this is so much better. . You are welcomed into the home of a local cook and learn a lot about the Bahamian as well as Caribbean food in general. Facilities are clean and well organized and you get to eat whatever you cook in addition to the cocktail that they demo. There's also the added bonus of being able to stroll out back to the private beach for a dip before heading back to the ship. They provided us with complimentary towels which I thought was really nice too.

Nia K, Owner at Bahamas Food Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you Emm, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time cooking with me. Be sure to let me know how Greg's version of my conch fritter recipe turns out. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope to see you guys back really soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great experience for lovers of food. You don't have to be skilled at cooking. The class was super relaxed and easy.

Thank you for the great review Reese. I appreciate you spending the day cooking with me. I hope to see you on your next trip.

Cheers!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We did this on a cruise to Nassau from Miami. To be honest, this was not something that I can say I was interested in doing but my wife insisted that this be a family activity we did on the island. Our host Benia was amazing and a fantastic character. She really gives you a peak into the Bahamian culture and way of life. It was as much a light, fun history lesson a food lesson, but to her point, it all links back to the food and why they eat what they eat. The food was excellent and the beach location beautiful, you really could not help but to stare out to the sea. The Bahamas is really a beautiful place! There's a quaint little beach house on property and after washing up after our meal, we still had a few moments to stroll along the beach, my youngest daughter even found a conch shell which Benia offered to cleanup and we kept as a souvenir. I'm so glad that we did this. Good value.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

All the food that we had in the Bahamas was great but the best was conch chowder that I got to make myself! I can't really take all the credit though, we had an awesome instructor who made the entire class feel super comfortable, even a non-cooker like me! This was a really nice thing to do with my family instead of just hanging out on the ship. I ended up learning alot about Bahamas culture and got to meet really nice people. The group was small so it felt personal, just 8 of us. This is a cool thing to do if you're in Nassau for the day.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a really fabulous afternoon and very good value for money compared to some of the other shore excursions. We felt very comfortable and welcomed the entire time. We spent the first part of our day learning to make a range of Bahamian dishes - and then ate them all!!! The cassava bread in particular was delicious and we will definitely be trying it at home. We had done a similar class in Bali - in contrast to that, this one included no forced extra cost or hard sell at the end - perfect! Finally they took some great photos of us thoughout the afternoon then emailed them at no extra cost. We really enjoyed thė private beach and getting our tour wet before heading back to the ship. Loved it.