“Sweetest Staff ever!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
“Sweetest Staff ever!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We are big Trip Advisor readers before we go somewhere and our trip here was no different. We found this on the list but oddly enough, none of the locals could tell us about it. They all thought we were saying Goldie's........but no this place was worth the confusion! We we met walking around the Fish Fry by staff outside saying that we should come in he would buy us a drink. We agreed and he followed though with some rum punches. As our wonderful server arrives we felt right at home. She talked with us the whole time our food was being made. The place was quiet due to cruises leaving at that time. Our food portions were huge and fresh and delicious! Prices were a average for the rest of the island. Definitely worth checking out in the fry.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Palmgirl33

Plymouth, Indiana
“Too costly and average food.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I know I am in the minority here, but I even wondered if people were bribed to write a review at one point. We were staying on Paradise Island so we had to take a ferry across to Nassau ($4 per person=$12). We ordered conch fritters, just to try it. My daughter got chicken & conch, I ordered shrimp and my husband ordered grouper fingers. It was average. We went there because of the rave reviews and people said it would be cheaper, it was not! The bill was $67. And we had to take cab back to Paradise Island $20. So our total was just under $100, so there was no bargain. It was just basic fried food though, nothing special. I do enjoy good, quality food. Maybe the others are comparing to McDonalds, in which case this would be good. ?!? Confused on the high rating!!! I am lowering my rating to poor because the woman constantly complained about how the Chinese people share meals. (and we do that when ordering appetizer on occasion, she should be happy for the business!!!) And the food was nothing special!

2 Thank blackshag
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“Delicious Bahamian Food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant is located at what the Locals call 'The Fish Fry'. It's a nice spot that has a lot of different restaurants for you to choose from. I chose this restaurant because of the reviews and ratings. I was not disappointed. The service was prompt and the food was very delicious. I highly recommend this spot for local Bahamian food.

2 Thank K D
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great restaurant! We took a cruise to Nassau and through Tripadvisor's review we picked this restaurant. Great choice! Upon arriving to the restaurant, David immediately greeted us and in the end, got us can back to the ship- talk about service!
Food was amazing! And a lot if food!
FYI - they are located in 'The Fish Fry' - tell your cabbie - they will know the area.

1 Thank Always_local_food
Louisiana
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We decided to eat here after reading the great reviews. This place is nothing fancy, but the service and food was amazing! I would highly recommend it. We have been on the island for 5 days and it is the best food we've had so far!

1 Thank dana1303