“Unbelievable how great it is for reasonable food”
Review of Gullies Restaurant And Bar - CLOSED

Gullies Restaurant And Bar
Cuisines: Bahamian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
West Grove, PA
“Unbelievable how great it is for reasonable food”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went here May 2013 after reading the TripAdvisor reviews. We went our first night and now this evening have gone for our second trip. Food is wonderful and so reasonable priced. We had conch fritters - $5 for 13. $3 for 6 which is what we got the second night. They are nice sized and perfectly breaded with good chunks of conch. Calypso sauce served with it. Just the right amount of kick in the sauce. I had crack Lobster tail which is a lightly fried tail. It was $21 and came with two sideds - I had white rice and coleslaw. Coleslaw was fresh and slightly sweet. My mom had cracked conch for $10. A huge platter with french fries. Second night we had cracked conch, the fritters, and I had grouper sandwich with fries for $11.00.

Definitely go here while in the Bahamas. They are closed on Thursdays - all other days 11 to midnight.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JessDougBrown

Atlanta, GA
“So much food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised that this establishment was not packed to the hilt when my family and I got there, which I would say worked out in our favor because our waitress was very attentive. What is mst impressive is the amount of food that is served for your meal and the fact that it is DELICIOUS!!!! I tasted the snapper both fried and steam and it was delicious both ways. My two girls were not able to finish their meals due to the large portion size but that was ok, it became a late night meal. I highly recommend gullies at the Fish Fry if you are looking for a place with friendly staff and a tasty dishes. The only drawback, which is common for restaurants at the Fish Fry is that they do not have a bathroom, you have to use the public restroom and that is one messy restroom.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Skip the Excursions and Walk to Gullie's!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Have a frozen rum drink at one of the first shacks at the Fish Fry (you'll be hot and ready by now), then keep walking to the end of the street and have some food at Gullie's.

The walk is about 30 minutes, right through the center of the city (just turn right after you get out of the cruise ship tourist trap building). Follow the signs to Fish Fry and you'll eventually be walking along the beach, with great views of the harbor, lighthouse, and cruise ships.

The Fish Fry is a series of restaurants and stands. Don't be fooled by the first one that says it's THE Fish Fry, keep walking to Gullies.

The portions are huge and awesome, the staff and owner are friendly, and the drinks delicious.

The shrimp and grits (if on the menu), grilled snapper and Jaykonos (spelled wrong) Tacos were awesome. I'm not much of a Conch Fritter fan, but people who know tell me their good.

2 Thank BumblechickFood
texas
“Friendly service and tasty food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We decided to try Gullies based on reviews for dinner on a Sunday, staff was super friendly. My hubby and I shared conch fritters as appetizer, 1 beer, 1cocktail, 3 bottled waters, and a yummy grilled shrimp with rice. Everything was delicious, with tip $35.00. Place is clean with AC inside, plus less noise. We thought price was pretty good compared to other places we have eaten on island, with mediocre food. Will definately go back.

2 Thank kjshurbet
Rumney, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gullies....uuuummmmm...”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great local flavor....less noisy then the honkey tonkey elsewhere in the fish fry...stopped for lunch...sat out side....Paid too little....ate too much...I asked Nyka if the 3 tacos (fish chicken & beef) that my wife ordered (for about $14) would be way to much for her to eat...She said " Oh...for sure!" and Nyka was not wrong!!! My Cracked Conch with rice and peas, fried plaintain, and coleslaw ($12) was as good as it gets...and the Kaliks was ice cold....If you can make it to the Fish Fry, skip the Honkey Tonkey..walk right by all the front people tryin to get you into their place (none of which are horrible) and sit out front at Gullies....Tell Nyka that you be Jammin and the folks from NH said they were the best;O)

1 Thank Keith S