My daughter & I stayed at the Melia Nassau from March 31-April 3. I was a little concerned after reading some of the negative reviews, but we were very satisfied with our stay.
I reserved transportation from the airport with Majestic and quickly learned it was more expensive to do this instead of just taking a taxi (about $20-30 total more for both ways). Also, once we were on the bus to the hotel we had to wait for about 30 minutes which was too long & not necessary. So…take a taxi b/c it's cheaper and more efficient.
When we arrived, our check-in was smooth & only took 5-10 minutes. Everyone was pleasant & professional. Our premium ocean view room (811) was clean & had a wonderful view. It was quiet & there we no issues (except a real firm mattress ).
The pool was cold (it's not heated), but it was still wonderful to sit there, listen to music, enjoy some drinks, etc. The beach was perfect! Beautiful water, white sand, not crowded, plenty of chairs, gorgeous views, kayaking, jet skis, parasailing & snorkeling available. We spent a lot of time on the beach.
The food was good, but not great. The breakfast buffet at Marketplace was the best meal; Aqua was by far the worst. The lobby bar had good drinks, nightly music, and tasty appetizers.
After reading some of the complaints, I think many people are just being too picky. This isn't a 5-star resort - yet, but the prices aren't 5-star either. It is definitely a 4-star and well worth the money. I do think Melia is working to make improvements, but we were very pleased & will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the stunning Cable Beach just a few minutes from the city center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. 694 rooms featuring views of the ocean, pools or gardens including 32 Suites for your romantic getaway with extra privileges at The Level. 3 heated beachfront pools (1 adults only with wet bar), 2 hydro-massage tubs, 7 dining venues, 4 bars, 24-hour gym and Room Service, Kids Club, FREE Wi-Fi, FREE Transportation service to Baha Mar offering direct access to its spectacular 100,000 sq. ft. casino, Royal Blue™ tournament player’s golf course with special rates for Meliá guests, tennis court, spa and over 30 restaurants and lounges, and an array of onsite activities ranging from water sports, daily fitness and pool parties to theme nights, shows and live music awaits you at Melia Nassau Beach, an All-Inclusive for everyone! *Operating as All-Inclusive since 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas