The hotel is located right on Cable Beach which gives you direct access to one of the world's most beautiful beaches! Unlike some resorts where you have to walk a bit from your room to get to the sand, this beach is practically right at your doorstep. The sand is extremely clean and white and the clear, blue water is two feet deep way out into the ocean!
Other than the great beach, I can't say much else regarding the actual resort. It's clean, beautiful and the staff are friendly but that should be the bare basics to any resort, yes?
I personally thought the food they served was disgusting and overpriced. Minus one star.
However, downstairs you will find a smaller shop that sells well priced snacks, sandwiches, ice cream, beef / chicken patties etc. I have heard many guests say that they wouldn't know what to do with their meals had it not been for this shop because the hotel food is so over priced. Now if you're going to charge a ton for food, at least prepare it well!
Right across the street you will find a daiquiri stand that makes their daiguiri's with fresh fruit and only for $7! They serve it in a huge cup vs the tiny plastic $9 watered down they serve at the bar in the hotel.
In addition to being across the street to the best daiquiris I've ever tasted, the #10 bus also drives right past the hotel giving you easy access to both the Fish Fry as well as the downtown area. Bus fare is $1.25 per person. Have exact change.
Lastly, I left my brand new Uggs ($200 US) when I checked out of the hotel. I was devastated for so many reasons that I will not get into. After several calls to the hotel, I was finally able to have the Uggs sent back to me after 2 weeks providing that I gave the hotel a FedEx Account number.
I am extremely grateful to Rodney Smith and Stephanie Leadon for their assistance and am happy to see that the hotel has such great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Nassau Beach All-Inclusive is located right on the stunning Cable Beach with 694 Guestrooms/32 Suites just a few minutes from the center, shops, restaurants, nightspots and Lynden Pindling International Airport. Enjoy yourself at our 3 spectacular pools with waterfalls facing the sea, 2 hydro-massage tubs, luxury amenities and globally inspired cuisine in 7 dining venues/4 bars featuring a distinctive Bahamian flare. ACCOMMODATIONS: Classic Island View, Deluxe Pool View, Premium Ocean View, The Level, The Level Junior Suite, One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite, Two Bedrooms Ocean Front Suite and the Presidential Suite, stay at our comfortable accommodations with stunning views of the ocean, pools or resort gardens, perfect for a romantic getaway. Stay connected with Free Wi-Fi everywhere, even at the Beach. Stay fit with our FREE 24-hour fully equipped gym or join the fun with our full activities/entertainment program, shows and live music. In addition, enjoy extra privileges for guests staying at The Level such as exclusive areas, FREE room service and much more. For the youngest the Resort features a Kids Pool and Kids’ Club. *Operating as an inclusive resort as of December 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort And Casino
- Sheraton Nassau Beach Hotel Nassau
- Sheraton Cable Beach Resort
- Nassau Sheraton
- Radisson Cable Beach Resort
- Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive Bahamas