“Not the best impression, though only stayed one night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Not the best impression, though only stayed one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Old 2-3 day old cheese platter was in my room when I checked in (arranged for someone's honeymoon.. I guess they didn't show up for their booking..). Phone did not work so I couldn't call reception to ask for a transfer as the room stunk of cigarettes. Room was a nice size. The old brown carpet could do with an overhaul. Fun environment with lots of people celebrating weddings and so on, but not ideal for business (though as a resort this is to be expected).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Ashlea M
Guest Experienc... M, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear wingpin

Thank you for staying with us at Melia Nassau Beach,
We would like to contact you via email to gather further information regarding your stay. Our hotel is a non-smoking hotel so we apologize if you were given a room which had previously been subject to a violation of our policy. While it appears you enjoied your stay, we can see that we did not exceed your expectations and we would like another opportunity to do so in the near future.

Regards,
Andrew Tilley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,117)
  • Polish first
Trenton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I and my family stayed at Melia Nassau Beach Resort to celebrate my birthday. The room was clean, cool, and comfortable. Certainly there was some wear and tear on the room and it can certainly use some updating but we came for the beach. The beach was spectacular! White sands, thatched umbrellas and chairs all added up for a true tropical experience. Would I stay there again, absolutely. The staff was attentive and polite. I took some of the suggestions and checked a bag full of snacks and sunscreen. A bottle of spray sunscreen is 20.00 on the island. We went through 5 bottles. Meals were expensive at the resort but there are several restaurants in town. They also offer an all-inclusive that may or may not be cost effective. Like many others, we found ourselves at the delightful daiquiri shack every evening.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Linda P
Guest Experienc... M, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Linda P.

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to leave your feedback.

We are very pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and were able to rest soundly both nights. Here at Meliá Nassau Beach, we strive to provide exemplary customer service that embodies the foundation of our Meliá brand. Additionally, we aim to exceed our guest’s expectations with a wonderful experience that will make them want to come back for more.

It is satisfying to hear that you were pleased with the level of service received. Thank you very much for your business! We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've stayed in resorts and All Inclusives all over the world. For the $200 per person per day rate this was nowhere near what it needed to be or on par with similarly priced or even less priced places I've stayed. I noticed from the moment I checked in; slow process with lines of 30-45 minutes just to check in. That should have been my first clue about the slow slow slow service I would experience at the lobby bar, pool side and beach. For example, if you are waiting for pool side service it only came around every 90 minutes or so. The pool bar had two guys that only served the same side, only once in awhile would they help the other side of the wrap-around bar. Furthermore, the food selections at the buffet were minimal; definitely not what I have seen at other AI's where the choices range from pizza, to meat bar, Italian, Asian, Mexican etc...very disappointing as I love to eat. As we spent each afternoon at the pool we were disappointed to see that nobody came around to collect trash or empty the over flowing trash cans when we finally decided to pick up all around us. The beach was the same with cups, plates and beer cans all over beach chairs and the sand. I wouldn't be quick to blame this on the staff as it appears they are all relatively pleasant but just lack any sort of quality standards to which they are managed by. If you've got other options I would say to avoid this place until they elevate their service standards. Trust me, I'm not being finicky...the service and slowness were conversation topics with guests everywhere in the Melia while we were here.

Room Tip: The Sea View rooms are more expensive but certainly worth it if you enjoy looking at a turquoise blu...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank TimVX
Dear TimVX

On behalf of Melia Nassau Beach, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconsistencies you experienced with our service during your stay.

You have every right to be upset regarding the hot water situation. We understand your frustration as anyone in your position would have felt the same. While we are unable to go back and change your past experience, we would like to regain your confidence and change your perspective of the hotel with a more enjoyable future stay. We do hope that you will allow us this opportunity.

When you book your room, please call the Executive Office so that we can ensure that you are taken care of and that all of your needs are met. We look forward to providing you with an outstanding experience the second time around. We hope to see you soon and greatly thank you for your business.

Best regards!
Andrew Tilley

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

These reviews are nuts! I have traveled all over. This place was great. Ok...we know the hotel needs some renovations, but it was clean. We had the deluxe ocean view room which I would recommend, especially because of its proximity to the elevators.
the staff went above and beyond and with my 2 kids...this was important! We loved the food...Aaua was great! So was buffet... wings at bar great too!
Staff.. Lakeesha was so sweet at check in...Lucinda...awesome at o grille...Donald at aqua...Tamara at market. Everyone was awesome!
We did all inclusive which is a MUST!
The hotel includes tips.. but we gave extra to the great service...it was very appreciated!
I didn't want to leave and cant wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2014
7 Thank enzo4321
Guest Experienc... M, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Enzo4321,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoied your stay. I am forwarding your praise to our staff. Comments like yours are the little bonuses that we all work for. We appreciate your recognition and will be honnored to serve you again when you return.

Penticton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We arranged a short visit to Nassau int he fall. We booked this hotel when it was a Sheraton. One of the reasons we picked it was due to our SPG membership which would have given us some upgrade opportunities. Those opportunities disappeared when Melia took over as management.

I received a message from Sheraton assuring me that Melia would honor the rate I booked at. As the date of our trip neared, i checked the rates on the Melia web site. They were significantly lower than the Sheraton rates. So I gave them a call. they assured me they would honor the Sheraton rate. When I pointed out that their current rates were much lower their reaction was a bit disappointing. They didn't even offer to give me the new, lower rate. So I cancelled and then re-booked a better room at a savings of over $100 per night. I really think they should have offered an adjustment instead of saying they would honor the HIGHER rate.

The hotel is, as others have mentioned, a bit dated and in need of a paint job and some fixing up, but we found it clean and comfortable.

There is a $40 per night "resort fee" added to all of the rates. I am told that this is to cover gratuities for the hotel staff, beach activities, and the internet.

I was a bit miffed that we were charged for the internet when their service is inexcusably sub-standard. There is wi-fi in the lobby, but the rooms only have wired. And the wired in our room did NOT work. I contacted the desk and they were unable to help. We did want internet access in our room so we went to BTC and bought a sim card and a 2 gb plan and created our own hot spot.

No one went out of their way at the hotel, but they were all pleasant.

We liked the location -- the buses come by regularly and there is a nice little daiquiri place across the street.

For a short, three night stay, we found the hotel to be an okay place to stay.

4 Thank Matthew J
Dear Matthew J,

We appreciate your feedback concerning our transition. To better explain the resort fees, it is a fee that nearly all hotels in Nassau require. We have since built the resort fee into our inclusive rates making them an even better value. Our internet is a free service that is not affected by our resort fees. We hope that if you return to Nassau you will be able to stay with us again and experience our property in a better light.

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Wow, what an amazing resort. My wife and I just returned from our 7 day honeymoon vacation at the Melia and absolutely loved it.

I must say though, to make sure you get the all inclusive. The prices are pretty high for food/drinks but if you have the all inclusive, you'll definitely get your monies worth.

One staff member went above and beyond. His name was Eugene and he looked after the water sports on the beach. He took us on a sailboat trip to visit surrounding islands and gave us great tips to look out for.

He's the reason I'm writing this review as he really went above and beyond.

It's a great resort, get the all inclusive and have fun.

9 Thank BobbyNixon
Dear BobbyNixon

Wow, what an amazing review! I am sure Eugene will appreciate your praise. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Hamiton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Beautiful five day vacation. A bit slow checking in the hotel but friendly staff. The food was really good, must go all inclusive or you will max out your credit card. Love being so close to the ocean. Not a lot for young children to do but perfect spot for couples. We will come back for sure. Ang.

• Stayed February 2014
7 Thank AngRal
Guest Experienc... M, General Manager at Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Ang

Yay, another happy guest! See you next time.

Andrew Tilley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,593 reviews
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive? Share your experiences!